• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

No Clutch Balance - At

abiman

Question

Hello,

Problem in Toyota Sprinter car, CE110 with 2C Diesel engine AT 1997, 120000km.

I have changed ATF about month ago. When I bought car, previous owner haven't changed ATF for long time. I Used caltex ATF and cost me about Rs9000 to do it. (wash and refill I think)

After few days of this ATF change (about 200km) clutch balance of vehicle became problem. Now car goes backward in D gear when I placed it in small incline. Earlier it stopped in reasonable inclines without going back in D gear. In same place, now it goes back (pretty fast). Also before ATF change when I place car in D and disengage paddle brake, car gets reasonable speed on flat surface without pressing accelerator. Now at same conditions car can hardly attain about 2~5 km/h.

can any one please explain me the problem and possible fix?

Thanks.

9 answers to this question

1) Auto cars don't have a clutch, they have a torque converter

2) Did you use the correct grade of ATF?

Hi

I think it is correct ATF (1L 595Rs bottled). Done by reputed garage at Galle. Caltex oil recommended for Dextron III or something. (I'm new to car thing.)

I have traveled about 4000km in this condition. Oil color is not dark now.

Do you think I have to re-change it?

What should be the oil I have to use?

Thanks for your reply.

usually what holds an auto from going backward in a slope is brake bands if the pressure in the torque converter is not sufficient to keep it pulled.

if brake bands are worn out is it possible to replace them? What is the approximate cost I'm looking at? from where can I get this done?