• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Unable To Engage Lo4

flyboy320

guys .. im having trouble engaging LO4 when using 4WD , i have no problem engaging 4WD and HI4 and its works fine as well , but LO 4 does not engage,

the vehicle is Mitsubishi J53 and im planing to take it off road soon, so i need to rectify this. any info on this will be very helpful.. thanks..

If you have not used lo4 for a while the selector maybe seized. You will have to try and get some oil on the selector and give it a wiggle or knock it by hand. But that is only going to work if it is seized from lack of use.

Cheers Mike.

If you have not used lo4 for a while the selector maybe seized. You will have to try and get some oil on the selector and give it a wiggle or knock it by hand. But that is only going to work if it is seized from lack of use.

Cheers Mike.

thanks mike .. what are the other possibilities .in case if its not the lever .. keeping in mind that HI4 works fine ...

how did you try to engage the gear first of all? on a stand still or while moving the vehicle in a slow speed ? did you try to engage it with a clutch engage disengage jerk ? It worked with me with a slight jerk and it was never an easy task. Between H2 and H4 it was easy and you're suppose to change it while going at an average speed but L2 and L4 is something you have to try in a stand still or while jerking with clutch on and off.