• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ford Laser

kumaras

Hi friends,

I got a Laser BJ 5(2001/manual) recently and really enjoying the ride.I have one issue with the cluth as it is quite hard to press. .I am comparing this with my previous EK3 which has very smooth cluth.

1.Is there any technical differnce between two(what I know is both are hydrolic).

2. What can I do to improve the cluth smoothness

3. Any place near Kaduwela/malabe who is expert in Mazda

Appreciate your advise & thanks in advance.

also it can be a case of the clutch master pump going bad on you!

assuming the system is hydraulic! :)

if that's the case....you can either replace the clutch pump or put in a clutch pump repair kit!

also it can be a case of the clutch master pump going bad on you!

assuming the system is hydraulic! :)

if that's the case....you can either replace the clutch pump or put in a clutch pump repair kit!

thought hydraulic system will get more softer when the master or slave pump is about to go. Simply due to the fact that it requires to travel more to achieve pressure to activate/push the pressure plate so it extra travel make it more lighter, at least that's what from the experience I had. Whenever clutch feels softer (in hydraulic) it gave me goosebumps as I knew (and was always) it's the washer/piston time.

Hi friends,

I got a Laser BJ 5(2001/manual) recently and really enjoying the ride.I have one issue with the cluth as it is quite hard to press. .I am comparing this with my previous EK3 which has very smooth cluth.

1.Is there any technical differnce between two(what I know is both are hydrolic).

2. What can I do to improve the cluth smoothness

3. Any place near Kaduwela/malabe who is expert in Mazda

Appreciate your advise & thanks in advance.

Machang it could be the pressure plate as Ripper said. I had a Mazda BJ5 a while back which had this same issue.....it was fine once the clutch / pressure plates were replaced.

Considering that the inner working of both ( Mazda / Ford ) are the same, you should have it checked out.

Incidently I have a 2002 BJ Laser currently.......that too had this for a while but is fine now. sorted itself out :rolleyes:

Edited by SHAI