• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cheap Shot Michael Schumacher

Overdrive

Did you guys see the qualufying of the monacco F1. Michael Scumacher was way out of order. When the final 10 drivers were on the pole shootout in the last 20min session he managed to time the fastest lap, but he tried another and just parked his car on the exit of the last corner. Thus compromising Fernado alonso's flying lap timing. Alonso was 1/10 of a sec faster allalong on that lap and had to ease off as his racing line was compromised. All other teams other than ferrari are so piss*d about the whole thing and are meeting up with race officials to discuss what steps should be taken to rectify the matter.

According to the post race interview MC said his front wheels "locked up", talk about BS. He didn't even approach the corner that fast but lost traction and locked his front wheels and managed not to even get a scratch on the car!! If anyone saw the drivers camera view it is so obvious. ( Anyway they are gonna check the data logger in the car to check if thre was a genuin effort to correct stering by Scu.)

According to race regulations

If a driver is deemed to have stopped unnecessarily on the circuit or impeded another driver during the qualifying session, then his times will be cancelled.

So IMO this means Michael has to start at grid 11. as his timing is cancelled. Hope they sort this out tomorrow. Alonso and team managere were well annoyed with the situation. I had some respect for MC but not anymore.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::D

Things are becoming terrible for Michael!

Within minutes of the end of qualifying for the Monaco Grand Prix, there were rumblings in the paddock that a number of the F1 drivers are so unahppy about what happened to Michael Schumacher that the Grand Prix Drivers' Association is going to demand Schumacher's resignation from the board of directors of the organisation because they consider his manoeuvre at Rascasse to have been unsporting and detrimental to the image of the sport.

Michael denied doing anything deliberate to get pole position for the race but the mood in the paddock and in the media centre was very clear indeed.

A lot could happen before the race.

OK guys....don't shoot me over this as I am a MS die hard fan.

I don't see it as an intentional act. The jury is still out on this one as I write, guess we will find out soon.

IMO apart from the high profile and the glamour, Monacco is not really an ideal F1 race circuit. Not for modern day F1 racing. Too many bumps, man hole covers and the like, for finely tuned on the edge chassis.

Secondly I feel the Bridgestone tyres are to blame too. They seemed very inconsistant and appeared to give up grip now and then at certain parts of the track. Massa had the same problem and some of the other Bridgestone runners seemed to have the same problem. Especially those running the harder compound.

As for being an all time great, I think he is up there with the finest. I have been to many F1 races around the world and the amount of tickets sold purely on MS mania is just unbelieveable.Even during the bad periods. Several seasons ago when MS sustained the injury in Oz, thoughts that MS would not race made hotels and race tickets at subsequesnt races freely available. At rock bottom prices too. But within a matter of hours after MS announced that he was fit to race, it was all sold out. Merchandise went up by almost 500% within minutes of this announcement. I am yet to see this happen with any other driver in present day F1. Alonso is on his way there, but not there yet.

Senna is certainly an all time great even in the eyes of those who did not much like him, but Prost certainly not.

Oh finally found a senior Shumy fan! I guess this incident is a good opertunity for all anti-MS .Im not suprised if one would demand Shumy be hanged if he collides with another car during tomorows race..

And in any case, this Ayrton MS comparison is for idiots. Ayrton and MS ran different kinda carreers. MS went through last 5 years in this monkey qualies with race fuel, senna had other style. So it's not good to compare them. If someone argues that Shumys records and wins are just nothing just because of a controversial qualifying session,we have something serious to discuss.

Here's a bit off a nice little web site "anti-schumi.com" It's in french so you may have to translate it with the below link:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...%3Doff%26sa%3DX

Just in case, I'll do a cut and paste job as well- grammar's not too good in the translation, but you get jest of it easily if you've been following f1:

1994 GP of Australia - Schumacher is at the head. Behind, Damon Hill, does all that he can to fill his 4 seconds of delay. In a tightened curve, Schumacher makes an error: he touches the wall and breaks his triangle(suspension) before right, the race is already finished for him but the single-seater always runs. Obviously Williams-Renault of the British caught up with the time which separates it from German. Damon tries the going beyond by the left but Michael makes stopper. Another attempt by the line enables him to thread at the side of Benetton but Schumacher does not see it this eye and directs towards his line and strikes the nose gear wheel left of his rival with his side. Schumi will draw straight in the wall while Hill will return has her stand with the idle: triangle before left broken. Michael Schumacher will become the champion of the world 1994 bus he was in advance of a point.

1996 GP of Brazil - Michael runs up at the beginning with another pilot, it must give up. Banal case up to now for a respectful pilot. For Schumacher it is different; he will put at least 1 full minute to leave his single-seater which he obviously placed in the beautiful medium of the track before. All that why? To obstruct the head of race which returns to any pace on him and to force the police chiefs of track to stop the race and to give again a new departure (with Michael on its mule obviously).

1997 GP of Germany - Today is not Saturday, the tests qualifiers finish, it does not remain any more but very little of time with Michael Schumacher to beat best time. It has a lead over its two intermediate times when it enters stadium and fall on Pedro Diniz who also is to him in a launched turn and has a lead over its preceding stopwatches. Obviously Arrows of Brazilian the slower embarrassment the double champion of the world and wastes a promising turn to him. And well Mr. Schumacher does not hear it thus; Ferrari doubles the car of Pedro to place itself in front of in order to obstructing in its turn the innocent pilot. (I do not speak about the gestures obscenes during the going beyond).

1997 GP of Europe with Sherry - Nobody forgot the collision with the challenger Jacques Villeneuve: 48ème turn, Villeneuve is behind, it tries the blow bus for him it is now or never, it is placed inside the turn and slows down later. In the middle of the turn Villeneuve is beside German who let itself surprise. There is nothing any more but only one solution for Michael Schumacher; to strike Quebecquois to force it to give up the race, because the pilot of Ferrari is at the head championship with 1 point in advance. Waste of time and effort, the fixing will send Michael in the vat to sand and will do only very few damage on the single-seater of the Canadian who will finish in 3rd position and will gain the championship of the world 1997.

1998 Great Price of Canada - 28th tower of the Michael Schumacher race leaves the stands as a bomb, it only very little time to the pump and it lost still needs much energy to try to catch up with David Coulthard who settled at the head. But when Michael joined the track, Heinz-Harald Frentzen arrives at any speed. Normally it has priority, a blue flag is even agitated in Schumacher indicating to him the passage of a car in track. Nothing will make there, Ferrari will engage on the track despite everything, while placing continuation on the good trajectory. To avoid the collision Frentzen will have to put its two straight wheels in grass, which will cost him a beautiful figure in the sand vat. Michael Schumacher will be sanctioned at 10 seconds of stop for dangerous operation.

1998 Great Price of Belgium - There too nobody being interested in Formula 1 could miss this scandal: After a catastrophic departure under the rain where more than 10 cars struck themselves, Michael Schumacher is at the head race. With the 25th turn, it already doubled some delayed when it is found behind David Coulthard (Fellow-member of Mika Hakkinen on McLaren). At this time, Jean Todt, as to his practice, will see the team concerned to confirm that Coulthard will not make silly things. The instructions are given to Coulthard which slowed down. Schumacher tries to double this last but runs up against full whip the back of McLaren. Result: Schumacher does not have any more that three wheels and its race is finished. Once returned in the stand, Schumacher, furious of the situation, enguirlander Coulthard in the stand of McLaren was not obstructed to go, not hesitating to show it to have tried to kill it in this operation.

Thereafter, a similar situation occurred blaming Giancarlo Fisichella which struck the back of a car under the same conditions of going beyond. He will not show anybody…

2000 GP of Austria - cf, GP of Brazil in 1997! Schumacher made the same thing, however the police chiefs were rather fast. It could not take the mule.

2002 GP of Austria - It is Great insipid Prices and others which ignite the opinion. The GP of Austria 2002, 6th sleeve of the season belongs to this second category for the show of race that it gave us. At least in its conclusion, when Rubens Barrichello, imperial throughout the weekend, as well with the tests as during the race, was erased with some encablures of the finishing line to offer on a plate the victory to his Michael Schumacher leader. The sport as F1 did not leave not grown this GP of Austria.

2003 GP of the USA - During the 73 turns of the Great Price, the domination of Scuderia was very strong, but the race end was sullied by one with these operations whose Ferrari was usual this season and who did not really grow his reputation. An incomprehension between the two pilots made that Rubens carried in front of Michael, which seems it was not envisaged! The final variation is 0 ' 00 " 011 what is not far from the record!

2004 GP of Monaco - Schumacher loupé himself with the qualifs, it leaves 5th. He makes his race and for the first time of the season, he does not have the possibility of gaining. Ralf has a turn of delay on Alonso, the German lets pass Spanish under the tunnel outside! Out when one lets become a pilot, one must put oneself outside… Safety-because leaves and Michael is then first but with a stop of delay compared to Trulli and Button. During the turns under yellow flag, Schumi has fun to make heat its brakes, it crushes at the point to make smoke a tire, Montoya has what to be surprised and tries to pass by the line. The difference between Ferrari and the rail is too small, the 2 pilots are touched, Schumi cuts in the rail and gives up. Montoya continues its race and finishes 4th.

Of course the list has not been updated for 2006 as yet! :rolleyes:

OK guys....don't shoot me over this as I am a MS die hard fan.

I don't see it as an intentional act. The jury is still out on this one as I write, guess we will find out soon.

IMO apart from the high profile and the glamour, Monacco is not really an ideal F1 race circuit. Not for modern day F1 racing. Too many bumps, man hole covers and the like, for finely tuned on the edge chassis.

Secondly I feel the Bridgestone tyres are to blame too. They seemed very inconsistant and appeared to give up grip now and then at certain parts of the track. Massa had the same problem and some of the other Bridgestone runners seemed to have the same problem. Especially those running the harder compound.

As for being an all time great, I think he is up there with the finest. I have been to many F1 races around the world and the amount of tickets sold purely on MS mania is just unbelieveable.Even during the bad periods. Several seasons ago when MS sustained the injury in Oz, thoughts that MS would not race made hotels and race tickets at subsequesnt races freely available. At rock bottom prices too. But within a matter of hours after MS announced that he was fit to race, it was all sold out. Merchandise went up by almost 500% within minutes of this announcement. I am yet to see this happen with any other driver in present day F1. Alonso is on his way there, but not there yet.

Senna is certainly an all time great even in the eyes of those who did not much like him, but Prost certainly not.

Duncan

MS is just blinded by breaking Senna's record tomorrow, Did you see the way he was answering the questions from reporters relating to the incident. If guilt had a face, that would be IT. And as to monaco, i think its "the" drivers circuit, which needs the highest level of concentration an precision. Many comments about how its the driver not the car that matters at monacco.No margin for error on each lap. Dips, humps are things all drivers have to negotiate. A proper driver knows the ins and outs of these tracks, meaning reading the line and the surface of the track is standard. Drivers are constantly updated with Data on track conditions. So i don't think that was an issue - at all..hense he is No novice, he's MS, seven time world champion, no excusess.

Don't get me wrong, I was a one time MS fan myself but it was getting quite boring watching him dominate the sport. My interest have been towards Renault ( before they started winning, incase u wondered if i was one of those people who always support the winning team). No doubt MS is a super driver, he's got the b*lls and the brain to complement it, He also has contributed alot to the sport... but

What he did IMO had nothing to do with the bridgestones. His tires would have heated up by then. On the other hand Massa's tyres were still cold when his little escapade with the barriers happend, (anyway he is always having trouble keeping the car on any track-Seperate issue), and you could actually see how the car lost traction clearly plus it was at 80mph, but MS, opposite circumstances. sad sad man!! not called for. So lets just wait and see what happens tomorrow!!

And pilla I see why you are pissed off, with webber loosing 2nd on grid!! haha, Love the article on the link.and quote the following

"us hope that his(MS) apparent incompetence returns on Sunday and he crashes and clears the way for people who appreciate the true meaning of the word sport.

Winning is not everything. It is how you do it that matters."

Even though there's very little overtaking, I like Monaco. They say its like riding a bicycle around in your living room! And the whole glamour of racing F1 cars in the one way streets of Manoco is just too crazy.

Oh and Schumi has been sent to the back of the grid. I can't beleive he went that low to try and beat Alonso to the pole!

I think this incident might make him retire this year.

Even though there's very little overtaking, I like Monaco. They say its like riding a bicycle around in your living room! And the whole glamour of racing F1 cars in the one way streets of Manoco is just too crazy.

Oh and Schumi has been sent to the back of the grid. I can't beleive he went that low to try and beat Alonso to the pole!

I think this incident might make him retire this year.

Yes! Yes! Justise finally.

Schumacher is stripped of pole

28 May 2006

Michael Schumacher has been moved to the back of the grid for the Monaco Grand Prix after stewards concluded that he deliberately blocked the track in the closing stages of qualifying, preventing rivals from beating his time.

The decision - which came eight hours later - means Renault’s Fernando Alonso will now start from pole position with the Williams of Mark Webber alongside him. Schumacher is demoted to the back row, where he will join Ferrari team mate Felipe Massa, who crashed out of qualifying without setting a time.

Schumacher appeared to lock his brakes and then run wide as he entered the final Rascasse corner in the dying moments of the session. The former champion regained control without hitting the barriers, but came to a halt with his stalled car partially blocking the circuit, forcing other drivers to slow down.

Following the session, the stewards heard evidence concerning the incident from Schumacher - who claimed it was a genuine error - as well as Ferrari personnel. They also reviewed video footage and data evidence supplied by the team and the FIA.

Their finding was that Schumacher had no justifiable reason for braking so hard, as he had been traveling little or no quicker than at the same point on previous laps. They therefore concluded that he deliberately stopped his car on the circuit, an infringement of the sporting regulations.

As punishment the stewards deleted all of Schumacher’s qualifying times, hence his move to the back of the grid, from where he has little or no chance of taking a record-equaling sixth Monaco Grand Prix win.

Ferrari’s Jean Todt expressed the team's displeasure at the stewards' findings, saying: “We totally disagree with it. Such a decision creates a very serious precedent, ruling out the possibility of driver error. Michael was on his final timed lap and he was trying to put his first place beyond doubt, as could be seen from the fact that his first split time was the best and could have seen him do another very good lap. With no real evidence, the stewards have assumed he is guilty."

The FIA will publish the grid in full as usual on Sunday morning.

Yes the official announcement made long 8 hrs after the incident! Shumy senior joins his team-mate,fills the last grid!!! one time front row runners now field last row ,Pity and shamed!! whatever opinions we have rave stewards know more than anyone!

More happenings taking place at Monaco...Renault,Williams,Mclaren introducing aerodynamic revolutions.Monaco is getting hotter with these!

THIS IS RENAULT R26 WINGLET DEVELOPMENT

f1renault2lq.jpg

A slight change to the winglets on top of the sidepods for the high-downforce Monaco circuit. Their profile has a larger surface area to generate more downforce combined with a bigger endplate. Two horizontal slits in the endplate help to limit the increased turbulence caused by the element's enlarged dimensions

THIS IS McLAREN MP-4 -21 FRONT WING DEVELOPMENT

fimclaren5iv.jpg

A brand new design for Monaco, with completely different main profile and flaps. The main profile now has a double curve as it extends away from the nose, with the outer extremities bending noticeably upwards. As a result the central spoon section is effectively widened, meaning more airflow over this area, hence greater downforce. The flaps are now much deeper, which also adds downforce. While the revised main profile is likely to be retained for many tracks, the flap changes will probably only be seen in Monaco and Hungary, both high-downforce circuits.

WILLIAMS FW28 TRIPLE-MID WING DEVELOPMENT

f1williams3ni.jpg

Teams will use any method at their disposal to gain more downforce at Monaco. Williams have gone for a simple but effective triple mid wing on the FW28's engine cover. This not only adds downforce in the centre of the car, it also helps to manage airflow passing to the rear wing, hence increasing its efficiency.

Cheers!

Miniace

Anyone can say anything they want and they have the right to do so.

But having followed MS's carrer since he got into F1 to date there is yet another driver in this era of the sport that is to rival him. Except Senna.

But then again IMO we can't really compare drivers from different time periods as the sport has evolved so much and will continue to do so.

If we were to perform a blanket comparision then the real greats should be drivers like Fangio and the like, who drove cars that were like trucks (compared to today's cars) with no electronic aid ,pit-car communications and a host of other modern day marvels that makes it much easier for today's drivers.

I admit it, I am a die hard fan and no matter what the ruling is will always remain one. This is what happens when you support a team/sportsperson for long as I have and followed each and every single achievement made.

It sure wasn't cheating when he became youngest world champ twice and then went on to win five more championships.

The sad thing is, in the eyes of us humans a man is only as good as his last deed. Nothing else counts.

I sure did not see any Honda fans ( I am talking world over) leave camp when Honda got caught cheating.

A true fan will always remain a fan no matter what.

It's a different form of Patriotism.

Cheers guys

PS any Brazil soccer fans out there?

I admit it, I am a die hard fan and no matter what the ruling is will always remain one. This is what happens when you support a team/sportsperson for long as I have and followed each and every single achievement made.

A true fan will always remain a fan no matter what.

It's a different form of Patriotism.

totally agree with you! This comes from a die hard Williams fan!! :jumping-smiley-013:

Y

Cheers!

Miniace

Nice info but very conveniently OT.. a new thread would have been nice B)

And pilla I see why you are pissed off, with webber loosing 2nd on grid!! haha, Love the article on the link.and quote the following

"us hope that his(MS) apparent incompetence returns on Sunday and he crashes and clears the way for people who appreciate the true meaning of the word sport.

Winning is not everything. It is how you do it that matters."

Thanks man.. Judging from last year's performance this maybe the only track where Williams can come up with a win this year! :jumping-smiley-013: the perils for not having a major engine backer..

Pilla machan

Sorry to see what happened to webber. They really need to sought out those cosworth engines.

:( They really need a new engine provider! And they need to find one fast so that they can start lab testing for next year.. I heard that the toyota/lexus deal has still not been finalized & may even not materialize. Williams have also been talking to Honda.. (hmmm my dream combination?? :) )

Damn my LBN cable connection is playing up as well! Sheeesh Just lost all pictures for about 25laps!

:) They really need a new engine provider! And they need to find one fast so that they can start lab testing for next year..

its funny how there was so much hype jus as williams hookd up wit cosworth...i really thot williams wud hav a huge advantage

22nd to 5th.......only a handful can do that!! It takes true dedication to pull something like this off, amidst all the Schumi bashing that went on over the last 24hrs.

FIA stewards slap MS and send him in shame to the back of the grid, then FIA boss M.Mosely comes along and says that MS is not a cheat .......does FIA know what they are doing??

Williams fans.......that was your win guys!!

I would love to be a fly on the wall and witness some of the parties that must be going on in Monacco right now :) Chicks ahoy!!!!!!!!

22nd to 5th.......only a handful can do that!! It takes true dedication to pull something like this off, amidst all the Schumi bashing that went on over the last 24hrs.

FIA stewards slap MS and send him in shame to the back of the grid, then FIA boss M.Mosely comes along and says that MS is not a cheat .......does FIA know what they are doing??

Williams fans.......that was your win guys!!

I would love to be a fly on the wall and witness some of the parties that must be going on in Monacco right now :D Chicks ahoy!!!!!!!!

Yep the word 'cheat' maybe a bit over the top, but fair punishment for causing a disruption yes... Mosely knows the value of MC branding I guess :) Like I said before- this was the one darn race Williams had a chance of winning and they quite literally blew it :(

Man o man the after party must be rocking right now!! specially with DC and Super man pulling off the podium..

Yep the word 'cheat' maybe a bit over the top, but fair punishment for causing a disruption yes... Mosely knows the value of MC branding I guess :blink: Like I said before- this was the one darn race Williams had a chance of winning and they quite literally blew it :D

Man o man the after party must be rocking right now!! specially with DC and Super man pulling off the podium..

Firstly Hats off for alonso, such consistancy, Also good effort by SC, DC, MW, KR for putting on a show.

What they were saying about the engines was that they were not running fast enough to cool the engine.

Sad to see Kimi blowing his engine man. Honestly next to Alonso, i would say kimi is No.2 for me. That guy is so talented.

Now the racing is over. Time to party. I would like to be that fly on the wall too. Any idea how much accomodation will cost for F1 races in monoco. Even the Cheapest would be exorbitantly expensive.

Step 2, How do you get in to one of these parties? fake press pass?? ok ok OT

Gotta get me a yatch first!

Did you guys see Alfayeds mini hummer? How cool was that to just cruise around in one of those??

Firstly Hats off for alonso, such consistancy, Also good effort by SC, DC, MW, KR for putting on a show.

What they were saying about the engines was that they were not running fast enough to cool the engine.

Sad to see Kimi blowing his engine man. Honestly next to Alonso, i would say kimi is No.2 for me. That guy is so talented.

Now the racing is over. Time to party. I would like to be that fly on the wall too. Any idea how much accomodation will cost for F1 races in monoco. Even the Cheapest would be exorbitantly expensive.

Step 2, How do you get in to one of these parties? fake press pass?? ok ok OT

Gotta get me a yatch first!

Did you guys see Alfayeds mini hummer? How cool was that to just cruise around in one of those??

Yep MC pulled the back of the grid stunt this race and at Monaco thats a mean fit.. Kimi pulled off several back of the grid examples last year.... Get into one of these parties hmmm.. net worth of over $10million or is that enough :blink: Did you see Flavio's date/wife/girl?? whooo! Jon Todt's one was not that far behind

Nice man, nice. Machan Hot birds come with the territory i suppose!! Ado net worth $10 mill , not enough, them big yatchs alone are $3 mill..So that ideas out then pila!! :):D