• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sound From Steering

Isuru Udana

Question

5 answers to this question

My car is a Nissan FB15.

Recently I noticed that when I take a turn to the right in a rough road, there is a vibration sound near the steering wheel. Can someone please explain me what the issue is.

are you recently check your car wheel alignment ?

it may be a worn out rack end or worn out ball joint and may be worn out bushes :)

are you recently check your car wheel alignment ?

it may be a worn out rack end or worn out ball joint and may be worn out bushes :)

thanks for the quick reply

I checked the wheel alignment two weeks ago. I don't have a clear idea of the location of the parts you mentioned. When doing the alignment the guy who did it told me that ball joints are OK. Do they check rack end when doing the allignment?

The sound is coming very close to the steering wheel.

I checked the wheel alignment two weeks ago. I don't have a clear idea of the location of the parts you mentioned. When doing the alignment the guy who did it told me that ball joints are OK. Do they check rack end when doing the allignment?

I have the same problem with my IST. I think it is something to do with the steering and its components. And pls tell me if you know any good garage i can hand it over around Slave Island since i dont have time to go to Alawatte's place.

this vibration sound come before or after you check the wheel alignment? and yes they check rack ends in wheel alignment :)

you can take a idea of the location of the parts i mentioned

CNt39.jpg