• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Help Buying A Car :)

Huzefa

Hi I am looking to buy a car that is under 2.5 million rupees. I am looking for a large car but i wouldn't mind a compact model either. I want good fuel economy and a spacious interior. Also I would prefer to get something unregistered even if i have to settle for a smaller car. It has to be reliable and low maintenance as i wont be buying a new car for at least 5 years after this. Considering all these factors which car should I buy?

Hi I am looking to buy a car that is under 2.5 million rupees. I am looking for a large car but i wouldn't mind a compact model either. I want good fuel economy and a spacious interior. Also I would prefer to get something unregistered even if i have to settle for a smaller car. It has to be reliable and low maintenance as i wont be buying a new car for at least 5 years after this. Considering all these factors which car should I buy?

Demio, Swift, Vitz - Unregistered :rolleyes:

Edited by TDI300

Big, fuel efficient, unreg AND below 2.5 mil... I think you're aiming a bit too high...

If you're willing to forget about one or 2 of your requirements you'll have quite a few options. And based on what requirement you drop the recoendations would vary.

But if you're really keen on getting something unregistered the best option would be a Prius... (gaassppp!!! i cant believe i just told someone to buy one).. Else you're looking at more or less hatchbacks/compacts..

• Like 1

Mate the best option is a Toyota Vitz.. its economical and Highly reliable but if your willing to buy an second hand.. i suggest a Toyota Vios or an Toyota Carina

Another good opetion would be a Nissan BlueBird Sylphy.. not the N16 though... its rubbish...

A Toyota Prius for under 2.5 mil???? How about the Toyota IST? However if i can pick up a Toyota Prius for under 2.5 mil i might as well go for that. What are th drawbacks of having a hybrid here in sl? Also what are my hatchback options for under 2.5mil? Thanks :)

i see the term "spacious interior" being redfined in some magnificent ways here. nevertheless prius is the only car that even comes close to the criteria mentioned. prius is quite spacious by local standards, itz more spacious than allion. now that quite a few prius have landed here, i don't think long term maintainability will be much of an issue.

How about any hatchbacks? Forget the "Spacious Interior" :P

Why would anyone want to buy a hatchback for 2.5 mn ? :action-smiley-060:

Are you sure you cant alter the option "brand new" out ?

Cause if you do, there are quite a lot of options :)

Why would anyone want to buy a hatchback for 2.5 mn ? :action-smiley-060:

Are you sure you cant alter the option "brand new" out ?

Cause if you do, there are quite a lot of options :)

Alright then if a buy a used car what would you suggest? Something reliable and something that will not have any problems if i buy used?

Obviously it depends on the owner, but what are some good options in terms of used cars? Sorry this is the first time i am buying a car so i am a little reluctant to buy a used car.. However if there are good options available for my price i wouldn't mind buying used :unsure:

What are th drawbacks of having a hybrid here in sl?

Haven't read thru any of the old threads have you?

Anyway, with regards to your query, suggest you give Swedish Trading a try. Might be able to pick up a Gen2. Not sure where its priced these days with all these changes, but maybe a possible.

Check out prices of Honda Insight Hybrid (If interest in hybrids)

Mate the best option is a Toyota Vitz.. its economical and Highly reliable but if your willing to buy an second hand.. i suggest a Toyota Vios or an Toyota Carina

Another good opetion would be a Nissan BlueBird Sylphy.. not the N16 though... its rubbish...

Bluebird sylphy?

is it G11 of the FG10?

G11 is impossible for 2.5M so i think you meant FG10 isnt it?

do you think its economical than n16 and n17?

is it your idea or have you experienced?

what i think is its more or less same when it comes to FG10 sylphy and FG10 n16,n17 except the sylphy with CVTC..

A Toyota Prius for under 2.5 mil???? How about the Toyota IST? However if i can pick up a Toyota Prius for under 2.5 mil i might as well go for that. What are th drawbacks of having a hybrid here in sl? Also what are my hatchback options for under 2.5mil? Thanks :)

check the thread "TOYOTA PRIUS" dude then youll get an idea of drawbacks..

i have seen adds about prius(2007/2008)...price range was arond 2.4m - 2.7m with the tax reduction...

but dont know the quality of them... :blink: