• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mercedes C180 (2002 Model)

rangerover

OK, so i convinced my parents to go for euro as their second car (which does less than 200km / month). Since their positive experience with my car, they have shifted away from the euro phobia :jumping-smiley-013:

So the car we are looking at is a 2002 model merc C180 with preferably H plates (don't know why) or newer. Some feedback the car based on any of your experiences or knowledge on the model is highly appreciated. Pls.

Also, what would be an ideal price for a well maintained car? 4.5 - 5.0 mil?

isn't w203 a not so greatly regarded mercedes? i think compared to a contempory e46, it is half the car at a much higher price all because of a badge that has a perception among commoners. i think another e46 for your parents or even a new markX (as oppose to a 9 year old small car) would do lot more justice for that kind of money.

isn't w203 a not so greatly regarded mercedes? i think compared to a contempory e46, it is half the car at a much higher price all because of a badge that has a perception among commoners. i think another e46 for your parents or even a new markX (as oppose to a 9 year old small car) would do lot more justice for that kind of money.

Why do you say it is not so greatly regarded merc? my knowledge of mercs are a bit limited

I don't think a BMW really fits their sort of taste ;) . Mercs seems to have this favoritsm amongst the older generation. (Just an observation).

Personally from my experience Mercs are good solid cars. All of it depends on maintenance and mileage. We have one in the family, a C200 Kompressor station wagon. Its done a lot of kms(over 100K) as a daily runner, so far we had only replaced the compressor and alternator. Everything else is working fine and the car itself has been a rock solid beast. All work on it has been done at the Agents and nothing has been spared—endless driving results !!! A bit expensive if you have to replace the parts like the ones we have done, but all in all a good car.

Check on all the service records, for accidents and also get an idea and if possible, do an inspection at the agents to be on the safe side.