• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sri Lanka To Introduce Bio Fuel

panhida

I read an article posted at Lankanewspapers.com this morning mentioning that a mix of Petrol & Alcohol is to be introduced for our WONDERFUL Three Wheel Taxi's. I am wondering if this will help them drive better or may be even go in a straight line??

But really if this Fuel works it will help reduce the cost that we are paying on fuel imports. But can as most of you are very technical and know how auto engines work, please shed some light on your thoughts as to how this would effect the performance, life time and also the air pollution problem that's facing most city residents.

The word of the Sage's are expected!! :D

Well , i heard in the Sinhala radio station that there is goverment project trying to make fuel from suger cane.. Machang, even this will be cheap the last thing i want is my Civic to get diabitics

A few countries have been experimenting with Bio Fuels for sometime now.

Brazil is the world leader in ethanol fuels. All Brazilian fuel has to contain at least 25% ethanol. Some new generation cars run on 100%.

If it is a mix of ethanol and regular fuel that is being used, then no modifications are needed to you engine. However for 100% ethanol, some modifications are needed. In either case it will be environmentally friendly and less wear on the car's engine as ethanol replaces the lead in fuel, but still maintains a high octane rating.

Development in this area and implementation will certainly cut fuel import bills considerably. But then again all boils down to politics and how much influence the petrol companies have. IMO bio fuels could have been introduced many years ago as the technology is nothing new.

I think I did mention this in one of my threads several months ago.