• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Maruti Zen Vs Alto

janaka077

Pros; small, economical, cheap, easy to maintain.

Cons; slow, cumbersome to drive, lack of space, little ride comfort.

LOL machan i think what he is asking for is a comparison of the 2 cars :)

ZEN- Has a 993cc inline 4 cylinder 4 valve SOHC delivering 60hp, and in a small car thats a lot. it does about 15-12 Kmpl and isnt a bad ride

Alto- Has 657 cc inline 3 cyliner engine that delivers about 45 hp, should do well on fuel. I have driven one of these and the ride quality is horrible, even a normal road going bus would be more comfortable than this.

But as hard as it is to believe both of these cars have a good amount of leg space.

If it was me i would go for the zen, its more spacious and ride quality is much better compared to the alto :alc:

LOL machan i think what he is asking for is a comparison of the 2 cars :)

ZEN- Has a 993cc inline 4 cylinder 4 valve SOHC delivering 60hp, and in a small car thats a lot. it does about 15-12 Kmpl and isnt a bad ride

Alto- Has 657 cc inline 3 cyliner engine that delivers about 45 hp, should do well on fuel. I have driven one of these and the ride quality is horrible, even a normal road going bus would be more comfortable than this.

But as hard as it is to believe both of these cars have a good amount of leg space.

If it was me i would go for the zen, its more spacious and ride quality is much better compared to the alto :alc:

Bro the ALTO comes with a 800cc F8B inline 3 cylinder engine :)

and Yes the Zen is Better than the ALTO 800cc in terms of ride comfort and power

Edited by kelum_wj

Bro the ALTO comes with a 800cc F8B inline 3 cylinder engine :)

and Yes the Zen is Better than the ALTO 800cc in terms of ride comfort and power

Are you sure i thought it was 650, Wiki also says 650cc.

Anyway its still not as smooth as the 4cylinder zen :alc:

Are you sure i thought it was 650, Wiki also says 650cc.

Anyway its still not as smooth as the 4cylinder zen :alc:

By the by, I thought all the zen's alto's and marut's come with 3 cly engines? :unsure: