• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Corolla Axio Nze - 144

kapuwa

Hello Toyota Fans,

I was looking for a Axio this weekend.

I found a one "Toyota Corolla Axio NZE - 144" -- not 144 not 141.

2007 model with about 50K mileage.

Dealer is asking 3.3million.

Auction grade is 4.5

However, everyone says "no no" because it is 4FD.

I was searching on google and wifi and found NO technical information about this model.

What are your inputs?

Best Regards

Amila Tennakoon

hello?

Corolla axio which comes with chasis 144 come with 4wd. All the other options will change according to the grades.

There are 3 grades in the axio.

x- comes with a 1.5cc vvti engine(NZE 141 2wd)

G- comes with a 1.5cc vvti engine(NZE 141 2wd)

Luxel-comes with a dual vvti 1.8cc( ZRE-142 2wd) with triptonic etc..

For all the grades above the 4wd come with a chasis of NZE 144 except the luxel which comes as ZRE144.

Thanks - This is a "X" grade.

everyone says not to buy this car.

says 4WD is not good for sri lanka road? ture?

this 4WD really means "all wheel drive" (as per http://www.4x4abc.com/4WD101/abc7.html)?

People gives following reasons as not to buy:

1. less efficient on fuel

2. not suitable for sri lanka

3. no spare parts

it is priced at 3.3 and 2wd is going for at about 3.5~3.6 now.

Thanks - This is a "X" grade.

everyone says not to buy this car.

says 4WD is not good for sri lanka road? ture?

this 4WD really means "all wheel drive" (as per http://www.4x4abc.com/4WD101/abc7.html)?

People gives following reasons as not to buy:

1. less efficient on fuel

3. no spare parts

it is priced at 3.3 and 2wd is going for at about 3.5~3.6 now.

Bro,

Its got pros and cons. It will handle better than the 2wd yet there will be more wear and tear.Also its fuel consumption would be a bit higher than the 2wd variant :). No idea about the parts. Mostly it would be mechanical parts that differ i guess. The body parts would be the same

Edited by kelum_wj

i should be able to negotiate the 4wd for about 3.25mil and 2wd of the same goes for 3.5~3.6mil.

there is a price difference of about 4 laks - ideally 4wd should have been more.

however, since people are refusing the 4wd, the dealer is trying to get rid of it fast for lower price.

what i really don't understand is why people outright reject a 4wd?

Bro,

Its got pros and cons. It will handle better than the 2wd yet there will be more wear and tear.Also its fuel consumption would be a bit higher than the 2wd variant :). No idea about the parts. Mostly it would be mechanicals parts that differ i guess. The body parts would be the same

:grinning-smiley-003:

i should be able to negotiate the 4wd for about 3.25mil and 2wd of the same goes for 3.5~3.6mil.

there is a price difference of about 4 laks - ideally 4wd should have been more.

however, since people are refusing the 4wd, the dealer is trying to get rid of it fast for lower price.

Most are just due to SL myths, otherwise the 4WD car is slightly more expensive brand new so even cost to import would have been higher. The F/C would be slightly higher and power output around 5hp lower to the wheels, but you'd have better handling. And if you can find a dumb enough buyer when it's time to sell, you can even give at the price of a 141, we gave off an AE114 last year for 2M that way wink.gif

Most are just due to SL myths, otherwise the 4WD car is slightly more expensive brand new so even cost to import would have been higher. The F/C would be slightly higher and power output around 5hp lower to the wheels, but you'd have better handling. And if you can find a dumb enough buyer when it's time to sell, you can even give at the price of a 141, we gave off an AE114 last year for 2M that way wink.gif

LOL dont you think around another two or three years it is bit hard to find a dumb enough buyers. :D

resale value and maintenance cost is you'r main concern you better leave it if not go ahead and buy it. on the plus side you have 4laks for spare :)

It's a Toyota, there'd always be idiots who's eyes sparkle when they hear that tongue.gif I don't see SL escaping from that mentality for a long looong time...

you are right :lol: :lol: :lol:

Most of the components in the 4WD system would be the same, but there will be an extra transfer box, axle rod, and rear differential and axle rod assembly. While these should not be components you would need to maintain frequently if they do fail you might have to wait for the parts to be imported if there aren't many of the same in the market.

You do however have the option of converting it to 2WD (front wheel drive) only should problems arise in the future :)

The funny thing is the 4WD should have cost more because they would have taxed the 4WD as a separate option !

You do however have the option of converting it to 2WD (front wheel drive) only should problems arise in the future :)

Don't encourage people to buy and destroy hard to come by cars :( Why not convert it to rear wheel drive instead, if 2WD is necessary?

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Why people still prefer normal petrol cars over hybrids is easy enough to understand when you think of the big, heavy, expensive battery right?

Battery life cycle

As the Prius reached ten years of being available in the U.S. market, in February 2011 Consumer Reports decided to look at the lifetime of the Prius battery and the cost to replace it. The magazine tested a 2002 Toyota Prius with nearly 208,000 miles and compared the results to the nearly identical 2001 Prius with 2,000 miles tested by Consumer Reports 10 years ago . The comparison showed little difference in performance when we tested fuel economy and acceleration. Overall fuel economy of the 2001 model was 40.6 miles per US gallon (5.79 L/100 km; 48.8 mpg-imp) while the 2002 Prius with high mileage delivered 40.4 miles per US gallon (5.82 L/100 km; 48.5 mpg-imp). The magazine concluded that the effectiveness of the battery have not degraded over the long run.[48] The cost of replacing the battery varies between $2,200 and $2,600 from a Toyota dealer, but low-use units from salvage yards are available for around $500

*WIKIPEDIA*

talking about the conversation from 4wd to 2wd is it a simple process of removing the axel?

i thought ABS system works along the 4WD CVT transmission?

No it's not as simple as that. There is a possibility you might need to change the gearbox (depending on if the transfer box is integrated or separate), remove the axle rod, remove the rear differential,axle rods and replace the rear wheel hubs with 2WD versions. Being what it is (a Toyota Corolla) this should not be too difficult to achieve as body part shops should have everything needed in abundance (if not now, certainly in the future). If the gearbox needs to be changed you might need a new gearbox ECU as well. Just note this is all just a wild guess ok ! You'd need to contact a competent mechanic to figure out what actually needs to be done.

The ABS system as far as I know does not work through the transmission.

Bluehaze, I'm not encouraging people to destroy their cars. Just pointing out there is a possible exit route if the 4WD system becomes too difficult to maintain. And to be honest, this is hardly an exotic, and does not really serve much of a purpose in daily driving.

Edited by The Don

They mean not required, since these systems are designed to tackle snow and ice on the roads. But if you regularly drive on roads with low grip (dirt roads, or roads that turn muddy in the rain) you could get some benefit out of it. Specially if you have to handle slopes.

Battery life cycle

As the Prius reached ten years of being available in the U.S. market, in February 2011 Consumer Reports decided to look at the lifetime of the Prius battery and the cost to replace it. The magazine tested a 2002 Toyota Prius with nearly 208,000 miles and compared the results to the nearly identical 2001 Prius with 2,000 miles tested by Consumer Reports 10 years ago . The comparison showed little difference in performance when we tested fuel economy and acceleration. Overall fuel economy of the 2001 model was 40.6 miles per US gallon (5.79 L/100 km; 48.8 mpg-imp) while the 2002 Prius with high mileage delivered 40.4 miles per US gallon (5.82 L/100 km; 48.5 mpg-imp). The magazine concluded that the effectiveness of the battery have not degraded over the long run.[48] The cost of replacing the battery varies between $2,200 and $2,600 from a Toyota dealer, but low-use units from salvage yards are available for around $500

*WIKIPEDIA*

Yes but what you have missed is that this is not USA, local agents dont fully support the prius yet and there are no places to replace batteries or any other parts as a matter of fact. And since we dont have recycling plants dumping old batteries are a problem as well, and considering the fact that most cars brought here are used batteries will definitely need to be changed within a couple of years

Yes but what you have missed is that this is not USA, local agents dont fully support the prius yet and there are no places to replace batteries or any other parts as a matter of fact. And since we dont have recycling plants dumping old batteries are a problem as well, and considering the fact that most cars brought here are used batteries will definitely need to be changed within a couple of years

I'd ignore any presentations on Hybrids :) There is already enough threads dedicated to the subject. A recent what car article found that Hybrids aren't that much cleaner than an efficient diesel, at least using current technology. What the government actually needs to do is to drop the tax on small engined clean diesel cars (ones that emit less than say 100g/Km of CO2)

you are correct batteries on prius need to replace within next two or three years. :)