• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Exhaust Wrapping Of Ce110

abiman

Hi,

Can some one give me advice on Exhaust Wrapping of Toyota Sprinter CE110. (1997 with 2C engine)

is it good idea to do this wrapping?

Will it improve fuel efficiency/ performance?

what will be the approximate costs and from where I can get this done?

what are the drawbacks?

thanks

why on earth do you want to have your headers wrapped????

I really don't think wrapping headers will increase fuel efficacy...

afaik...all it does is have increased temp in your exhaust gases so they will be pushed out faster due to increase pressure...

you will get a bit of performance...possibly at a higher rev band but that will be through burning more fuel...

doesn't make sense in a diesel with mechanical injection and also the life span of your stock headers will cos they are not meant to handle increased operational temps

why on earth do you want to have your headers wrapped????

I really don't think wrapping headers will increase fuel efficacy...

afaik...all it does is have increased temp in your exhaust gases so they will be pushed out faster due to increase pressure...

you will get a bit of performance...possibly at a higher rev band but that will be through burning more fuel...

doesn't make sense in a diesel with mechanical injection and also the life span of your stock headers will cos they are not meant to handle increased operational temps

+1 :)

Hi,

Can some one give me advice on Exhaust Wrapping of Toyota Sprinter CE110. (1997 with 2C engine)

is it good idea to do this wrapping?

Will it improve fuel efficiency/ performance?

what will be the approximate costs and from where I can get this done?

what are the drawbacks?

thanks

Wrapping the exhaust will prevent heat from escaping through convection. Therefore the engine bay temperature will decrease and the car will breathe cooler air. Cooler air means more oxygen. Therefore u'll get more power. But the gain would be hardly noticeable as it would be at the high rev band as said by ripper. As said by Ripper the lifetime of your stock headers will be reduced.

Also as this is a diesel it wont make sense (*Sometimes i might be wrong). No idea about the cost and a place to get it done :)

I don't think that doing an exhaust wrapping will do much gain in fuel efficiency,but might add a bit difference in performance. like Ripper said it might affect the life span.

If you need to get a wrapping cloth,go towards sangaraja mw,you can find some shops who sell those.its a diy job but make sure you cut some gaskets for the downpipe,cause you might damage it while removing. also make sure to wet the wrap before you apply & use latex gloves+dust mask.

Anyway on the same topic, where could we buy heat wrapping around here?

If you need to get a wrapping cloth,go towards sangaraja mw,you can find some shops who sell those.

;)