• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Radiator Is Leaking

Ek3 Ferio

Hi Guys,

It seems a small cracked line in the front side of the top of the radiator and it leaks the water. Did a temporary solution, but it seems not working. It is the original radiator which has the plastic top cover. So guys need agent responses. How I'm gonna fix it? Hope you guys know a better methods and good places to get it done.

Thanks a lot.

Hi Guys,

It seems a small cracked line in the front side of the top of the radiator and it leaks the water. Did a temporary solution, but it seems not working. It is the original radiator which has the plastic top cover. So guys need agent responses. How I'm gonna fix it? Hope you guys know a better methods and good places to get it done.

Thanks a lot.

you can get the tank redone using copper. but best is to replace the radiator.

Hi I suggest the best would be to replace the radiator if its leaking. Considering the age of the car, there is a chance that there would be corrosion in the radiator requiring attention—i.e. replacement. I am not sure about the price, but good if you can get one.

Replacing means with a re-conditioned one? Where I can found them and how I gonna know the quality of it?

yep. a recondition one. you can find them in delkanda area. US axto dehiwala or few places in kandy. you have to fix and see the functionality. there wont be a guarantee as such but you can always return it if found any leaks.

Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot.

If the Leak is on top of the radiator.

U can replace the upper part (plastic tank) at Lianel Radiators - Panchikawatte.

it will cost u around 5000 bucks....

regards Prasa.

If the Leak is on top of the radiator.

U can replace the upper part (plastic tank) at Lianel Radiators - Panchikawatte.

it will cost u around 5000 bucks....

regards Prasa.

Will there be found the exact upper part which matches to the ek3 radiator?

yep. a recondition one. you can find them in delkanda area. US axto dehiwala or few places in kandy. you have to fix and see the functionality. there wont be a guarantee as such but you can always return it if found any leaks.

Are they doing fixing also?

check the radiator core- if its leaking then you may need to replace the whole unit. If its just the top bottle, then you can just get that replaced- with recon plastic one or a copper one from a radiator place at Panchi. (they'll have the size- so nothing to worry on it)

places like pioneer motors carry new top tanks and that would be the cheapest option if your core is ok.

If the core is not good and fins are damaged etc...you might wanna consider going for a unit from one of those breaker joints around delkanda area. I bought one with the fan assembly for about 8k. Afaik the copper top tank option is not possible if you radiator base is aluminum as it was the case with mine.

I'm sure finding either a plastic top tank or a recon radiator shouldn't prove too difficult since the car is a common model

check the radiator core- if its leaking then you may need to replace the whole unit. If its just the top bottle, then you can just get that replaced- with recon plastic one or a copper one from a radiator place at Panchi. (they'll have the size- so nothing to worry on it)

Thanks for your reply, but how I'm gonna check the core, I went several radiator joints, all of them trying to promote the newly made copper radiator to be fixed.

places like pioneer motors carry new top tanks and that would be the cheapest option if your core is ok.

If the core is not good and fins are damaged etc...you might wanna consider going for a unit from one of those breaker joints around delkanda area. I bought one with the fan assembly for about 8k. Afaik the copper top tank option is not possible if you radiator base is aluminum as it was the case with mine.

I'm sure finding either a plastic top tank or a recon radiator shouldn't prove too difficult since the car is a common model

Please can you give me the contact no of Pioneer Motors? As I'm not much technical guy, so I'm unable to get the correct one from delkanda area. So I think it is better to go with a radiator guy, but the most places I went a suggesting me to replace the whole radiator with copper. It costs around 20k. So do you know a good place to check the core? Does a normal garage bass can do it? If so please let me know a contact.

I thinks a issue is with only the top part as I can see the water leak through it when engine starts. But after the guy who serviced the car applying a glue, now it is not visible, but the sponge which fixed in-front of the radiator gets wet. SO I guess the leaking is going on the same place.

Many Thanks,

Thanks for your reply, but how I'm gonna check the core, I went several radiator joints, all of them trying to promote the newly made copper radiator to be fixed.

Has it occurred to you that might be coz its the best solution? Someone here mentioned that too.

Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot.

Hi,

I also had the same kind of issue in my car. The plastic top of the radiator cracked and water leaking (not only one, there were few cracks in that plastic top). A mechanic instructed me to buy some adhesive to try fixing it. I did it my self a few months ago and no problems so far. It is just a half an hour work.... by the way you must not use car for at least 16 hours once you apply that adhesive.

The name of the adhesive is "JB Weld"... you can buy that from 'Link enterprises' at Jubilee post, Nugegoda... Price is around Rs. 800+ .

Google for the name 'JB weld' you will find lot of references about it. That is an American product and as far as I know... a very good one..... Resistant to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.

Take care when you mix them together..... do not touch, always use some kind of tool to mix and apply that on the surface.

PS: I am not a salesman trying to sell that product. It really did the work for me and saved me few thousand rupees, so I thought of telling you guys.

Hope this helps!!!!

(By the way I've been going through the forum since beginning but never signed up until today. :rolleyes: )

Edited by CB3A

Hi,

I also had the same kind of issue in my car. The plastic top of the radiator cracked and water leaking (not only one, there were few cracks in that plastic top). A mechanic instructed me to buy some adhesive to try fixing it. I did it my self a few months ago and no problems so far. It is just a half an hour work.... by the way you must not use car for at least 16 hours once you apply that adhesive.

The name of the adhesive is "JB Weld"... you can buy that from 'Link enterprises' at Jubilee post, Nugegoda... Price is around Rs. 800+ .

Google for the name 'JB weld' you will find lot of references about it. That is an American product and as far as I know... a very good one..... Resistant to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.

Take care when you mix them together..... do not touch, always use some kind of tool to mix and apply that on the surface.

PS: I am not a salesman trying to sell that product. It really did the work for me and saved me few thousand rupees, so I thought of telling you guys.

Hope this helps!!!!

(By the way I've been going through the forum since beginning but never signed up until today. :rolleyes: )

You are very welcome bro. :alc:

Hi,

Hope this helps!!!!

how long has this cold weld held up???

depending on the location of the leak...JB weld or similar epoxies sometimes fail over time...

imho...this is not a permanent solution...simply due the the nature of the issue...

you wouldn't want a busted radiator when hundreds of miles away from towns

Please can you give me the contact no of Pioneer Motors? As I'm not much technical guy, so I'm unable to get the correct one from delkanda area. So I think it is better to go with a radiator guy, but the most places I went a suggesting me to replace the whole radiator with copper. It costs around 20k. So do you know a good place to check the core? Does a normal garage bass can do it? If so please let me know a contact.

I thinks a issue is with only the top part as I can see the water leak through it when engine starts. But after the guy who serviced the car applying a glue, now it is not visible, but the sponge which fixed in-front of the radiator gets wet. SO I guess the leaking is going on the same place.

Many Thanks,

if you'r going to delkanda to buy the radiator...best is to take the old one and go with you cos that makes 100% sure of a proper fit during assembly

most radiator repair shops can pressure check the core for possible leaks...one can do a visual inspection and see also if lots of the fins are damaged etc. A pressure check would cost you about 100 bucks...

Ironically...the new copper radiators does NOT come with a warranty. which is crazy when you're busting that much of money for it. This was the case for me when i checked from a reputed place in panchi.

these guys have top tanks even for some rarer models... worth a check

Pioneer Motors

155 & 226 Panchikawatte Rd Colombo 10

Tel : (011)2432168

how long has this cold weld held up???

depending on the location of the leak...JB weld or similar epoxies sometimes fail over time...

imho...this is not a permanent solution...simply due the the nature of the issue...

you wouldn't want a busted radiator when hundreds of miles away from towns

It's been around three months now... and still looks alright...

Yes, this may not be a permanent solution... but for me it worked very well....

if you'r going to delkanda to buy the radiator...best is to take the old one and go with you cos that makes 100% sure of a proper fit during assembly

most radiator repair shops can pressure check the core for possible leaks...one can do a visual inspection and see also if lots of the fins are damaged etc. A pressure check would cost you about 100 bucks...

Ironically...the new copper radiators does NOT come with a warranty. which is crazy when you're busting that much of money for it. This was the case for me when i checked from a reputed place in panchi.

these guys have top tanks even for some rarer models... worth a check

Pioneer Motors

155 & 226 Panchikawatte Rd Colombo 10

Tel : (011)2432168

I contacted them, but they don't have Honda parts. By the way thanks for the help.

Edited by Ek3 Ferio