• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pioneer Car Audio

invisibleuser

Good morning to all of you guys!

is anyone knowing about the importers and distributors of pioneer car audio systems in Sri Lanka?

AFAIK there isnt an official distributor in SL, do you want to buy one or something else ?

AFAIK there isnt an official distributor in SL, do you want to buy one or something else ?

yes bro. I told one of my friend to bring a dvd player for me when he is in dubai. unfortunately he said that 6.5 speakers are not available in there.:(. so i need to buy 4 pioneer speakers from here.

yes bro. I told one of my friend to bring a dvd player for me when he is in dubai. unfortunately he said that 6.5 speakers are not available in there.:(. so i need to buy 4 pioneer speakers from here.

Im guessing the DVD player is for you car right ?

Either way any decent car audio shop will have pioneer speakers. just make sure they are original cos there are lots of fakes out there.Dont even think about buying from petta area.

Ill pm you some places :alc:

Im guessing the DVD player is for you car right ?

Either way any decent car audio shop will have pioneer speakers. just make sure they are original cos there are lots of fakes out there.Dont even think about buying from petta area.

Ill pm you some places :alc:

ya mate its for my car. thanks for your kindly cooperation brother. :)

Hi I wouldnt mind some contacts as well please.. I just know of the usual suspects, so anyone new will be great.

Thanks

Well the usual suspects are the one's i would suggest cause a lot of other places sell fakes.

I have seem chinese sets named as "pionear" even, so better watch out.

either way if you dont find anything that fits your taste or price you can always get them online through ebay.

most audio hardware makers have online resources that shows how to spot the fakes...

haven't seen pioneer ones myself but have seen the same for brands like RF

best is to do a bit of online research and educate yourself before hitting a shop.

I've bought alpines from SL and they served me really well until i flogged the car off...

There are a few places in pettah also who sell on whole sale basis, They have the original pioneer speakers. They are made by several countries like Malaysia, China and Vietnam too. Don't buy made in China items, if you are lucky find out a pair made in Vietnam. Most of the items they have are made in Malaysia, but genuine pioneer. I bought 2 pairs of 4way speakers (6"x9" and 6.5") from there for my car. Some of the popular audio joints also buy items from them. You can get the same item prom pettah for less money.

But be careful mate, go for the correct shop. If you need the contact no I'll give them. For me it costs me less than 20k for all the speakers I mentioned earlier and for the Pioneer USB MP3 player.

But be careful mate, go for the correct shop. If you need the contact no I'll give them. For me it costs me less than 20k for all the speakers I mentioned earlier and for the Pioneer USB MP3 player.

hey Ek3 Ferio if you can pm me the contact no also :)

There are a few places in pettah also who sell on whole sale basis, They have the original pioneer speakers. They are made by several countries like Malaysia, China and Vietnam too. Don't buy made in China items, if you are lucky find out a pair made in Vietnam. Most of the items they have are made in Malaysia, but genuine pioneer. I bought 2 pairs of 4way speakers (6"x9" and 6.5") from there for my car. Some of the popular audio joints also buy items from them. You can get the same item prom pettah for less money.

thanks bro.:)

• 4 weeks later...

I wasn't too happy with Ad*a*nce coz they nearly messed up some of the carpeting & some clips on the door panels. Also they were very untidy and I needed to go back to get them to refit all the beading.

Now I am trying to look for replacements!!

I need to get a set of Component speaker fitted in, any suggestions? Any feedback on the type of products & service at Gil*ert & S@ns or Or*ent? I don't mind paying a bit more if they do a good clean job.

Edited by Gyiman

I wasn't too happy with Ad*a*nce coz they nearly messed up some of the carpeting & some clips on the door panels. Also they were very untidy and I needed to go back to get them to refit all the beading.

I need to get a set of Component speaker fitted in, any suggestions? Any feedback on the type of products & service at Gil*ert & S@ns or Or*ent? I don't mind paying a bit more if they do a good clean job.

pioneer head units are hard to beat, but for speakers you could also consider JBL / RF which you would find is significantly better than pioneer.

Ya my head unit is Pioneer, but I wanted to get the component speakers for the front. I checked out Gilb@rt & Co agents for DLS. Quite pricy but those prices were around the same on Amazon. Still looking for more options.

Gilbert car audio is good.They've done an installation in ours and it was done neatly. Go for a brand like RF,JBL or Infinity if you are going for Components :)

Gilbert car audio is good.They've done an installation in ours and it was done neatly. Go for a brand like RF,JBL or Infinity if you are going for Components :)

Ya thanks thats what I was thinking too. I already have a set of Polk Audio speakers (2 6x9 & 2 6 1/2) in the car but the 6x9 make the rear luggage rack rattle for the weight so I need to make use for the allowance on the doors.... shame :(

Ya thanks thats what I was thinking too. I already have a set of Polk Audio speakers (2 6x9 & 2 6 1/2) in the car but the 6x9 make the rear luggage rack rattle for the weight so I need to make use for the allowance on the doors.... shame :(

Whats your car bro?

Advance Audio horror stories are becoming too common place nowdays that it is no longer even worth it considering Advance Audio. A very good friend of mine too had a very bad experience with them very recently.

I installed a JVC DVD player and DLS rear speakers a month ago from G*i*lberts to our Cefiro. Installation and service was great.

JVC video quality is better than that of the original DVD player (supposedly Pioneer of some sort) found in our Axio. According to my friends feedback DLS 2-way speaker's sound quality is better than those 3-way speakers of most brands like JBL, Pioneer. I did a bit of research before buying my items and accordingly G*i*lberts prices are better than other joints selling the same items. G*i*lberts are the local direct agent for quite a few brands so they can definitely give a good price.

But for anyone considering buying DLS speakers I have a word of caution too. Within a month of installing the speakers I think I have come across what I think is a manufacturer's fault. Even though G*i*lbert's said they "don't" give a warranty for speakers when buying them they are still very helpful and nice in resolving the matter with my speaker and now even offering to replace my speakers. I will keep this space up to date on the final outcome about the state of these speakers so that it can be useful information for anyone considering DLS speakers.

Edited by isurujosh

Advance Audio horror stories are becoming too common place nowdays that it is no longer even worth it considering Advance Audio. A very good friend of mine too had a very bad experience with them very recently.

I installed a JVC DVD player and DLS rear speakers a month ago from G*i*lberts to our Cefiro. Installation and service was great.

JVC video quality is better than that of the original DVD player (supposedly Pioneer of some sort) found in our Axio. According to my friends feedback DLS 2-way speaker's sound quality is better than those 3-way speakers of most brands like JBL, Pioneer. I did a bit of research before buying my items and accordingly G*i*lberts prices are better than other joints selling the same items. G*i*lberts are the local direct agent for quite a few brands so they can definitely give a good price.

But for anyone considering buying DLS speakers I have a word of caution too. Within a month of installing the speakers I think I have come across what I think is a manufacturer's fault. Even though G*i*lbert's said they "don't" give a warranty for speakers they are still very helpful and nice in resolving the matter with my speaker and now even offering to replace my speakers. I will keep this space up to date on the final outcome about the state of these speakers so that it can be useful information for anyone considering DLS speakers.

Thanks for the heads up on that bro... Ya I used to have high regard for Adv@nce but not since I went there last month.