• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Trivia

Duncan

as much as i hate it id say the mazda mx-5/miata

Yes it is the MX-5. But how come you don't seem to like it that much?

I read on msn that the 2006 one has a 170hp engine (rotary??).. hmm that makes it pretty quick car with light body and all.

No the MX-5 isn't Rotary. Good old I4 in that one :) and the 2006 is bigger and heavier than the earlier gen.

Yes it is the MX-5. But how come you don't seem to like it that much?

well ive never been a fan of small sport coupes...jus a personal thing...sorta like i wudnt liv wit a small hatch...nothing short of a Golf GTi or Ford RS anyway B)

are you much of a MX5 fan duncan???? i simply hate the looks of that car i don't no what the hell people see in it.

It's not just the looks, it's the entire concept. Since the small hatch that was made famous by the likes of MG several decades ago, it was the MX5 that revived that "wind in the hair" motoring experience again in the late 80's.

I think it is a seriously fun can to drive. Especially on weekends driving down a highway or the country side.

The MX also brought back the affordable two seater roadester when all the other two seaters were out of reach for the majority.

Yup, the Miata isn't much of a looker (actually the newer models look pretty nice, i think, especially the one before the current generation), but it's an AMAZING car. The sales figures obviously support that as well. Small and nimble with a great frame (especially given that it's lacking a solid roof) and RWD!

It also really brought back the concept of an affordable and fun convertible. It's getting a little competition from the Saturn Sky and Pontiac Solstice in the US market right now, but I think the Miata has already made its mark.

I was actually considering looking at a 95 model just last week..was the same year as my civic coupe, fewer miles, and priced around the same...but it's just too small for me right now and I really need the cargo space with summer moving coming up.

i don't think the miata ever caught on with the teens or the early 20's age group.. i think it was more of a midlife crisis car...

Probably..because it's not a car that's typically modded out or anything like that. It is very popular on autocross circuits and is a wonderful performer just as it is. I wouldn't really call it a mid-life crisis car..it's more of a grown up's car that you'd buy to have a fun car to drive around in as opposed to something you'd want to look cool in.