• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Unintended (Sudden) Acceleration And Floor Mat Issue Of Toyota Vehicles

AbeysinghE

Guys..

I have been searching the articles relating to the above topic for last few weeks and ,still wondering whether i should change the slandered toyota manufactured floor carpets in my car...according to some articles and videos, i felt that it's not only due to the carpet ,but it happens due to some manufacturing defects by TOYOTA...so to be in safe side i have removed the carpet in the paddle area..and i have to contact them to see ,whether any vehicle based remedy available or are they going to configure the accelerator paddle to avoid those problems..I noticed that the Prius second generation cars also under that issue...

According to another incident happened in California..the sudden acceleration is possible with hybrids specially when passing through high tension electric areas...very recently..I went to one of my friends place and i parked the car under a high tension line ..and car didn't start..fortunately i got an advise from an expert how to start it when it happen..I just pushed the smart key and the power button at once and held it for few seconds...

I'm happy with my new prius...but my wife is using it more frequently than me..as i'm stick with my bro's BMW E46 which he bought recently...i'm getting bit worried about these statements issued by toyota...what do you guys think..????? I think this will be a start of an interesting tread... :rolleyes:

anyway sudden acceleration is not only common to toyota....

Edited by AbeysinghE

A friend who has a Prius in Oz told me that during severe thunderstorms, lightening affects the electronics in the Prius so bad that sometimes the ECU resets and stops the car in the middle of the road. Something to do with the EMP.

hey sorry for i am going OT here AbeysinghE how much you brother pay for bmw e46 and what is its specs :)

it's BMW 320D E46,with Sun Roof, Manual, Diesel,Multifunction Steering, Revers Sensors,year 2000 model and bro got a great cheap deal on this car...he got it for 2.4 million ...i think it's a great bargain deal... :D

it's BMW 320D E46,with Sun Roof, Manual, Diesel,Multifunction Steering, Revers Sensors,year 2000 model and bro got a great cheap deal on this car...he got it for 2.4 million ...i think it's a great bargain deal... :D

you are right it is a great bargain deal congratulations to you and your brother :)

Jeez! thats a good price! easily about 500K below market price. What sorta mileage does it have?

Pheeeww you got a great deal with the Bimmer, congrats :alc:

Also on the topic of the prius didnt Japan recall all the vehicle stocks that had this issue ? Also its not entirely a mechanical fault, according to sources in the internet it also has something to do with the ECU going nuts.

Jeez! thats a good price! easily about 500K below market price. What sorta mileage does it have?

yes definitely a great price..the owner of that car was in a great deal of hurry to migrate to canada...so he had to agree to the offer my bro gave...it's over 60,000 mileage as i remember..

Pheeeww you got a great deal with the Bimmer, congrats :alc:

Also on the topic of the prius didnt Japan recall all the vehicle stocks that had this issue ? Also its not entirely a mechanical fault, according to sources in the internet it also has something to do with the ECU going nuts.

I checked my car with toyota web site just to be sure, whether it's been recalled already...fortunately my car is out of the risk.. :D

you are right it is a great bargain deal congratulations to you and your brother :)

surprisingly i saw the same model car today at AL http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=44243 this is same as what my bro bought..but the colour is different...according to this he has got it way cheaper than average i think :rolleyes:

Edited by AbeysinghE

A friend who has a Prius in Oz told me that during severe thunderstorms, lightening affects the electronics in the Prius so bad that sometimes the ECU resets and stops the car in the middle of the road. Something to do with the EMP.

Actually yes, someone else also mentioned. Apparently this situation arises because of the humidity and moisture content in the air during rain and thunderstorm situations. The EMP cross over to the battery pack is unable to handle the load due to the static electricity in the air.

Something else to look out for.

surprisingly i saw the same model car today at AL http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=44243 this is same as what my bro bought..but the colour is different...according to this he has got it way cheaper than average i think :rolleyes:

i saw that car advertising in AL for two or three times now maybe the asking price is too much

i saw that car advertising in AL for two or three times now maybe the asking price is too much

That add says it was owned by a monk, which implies that it was driven by a driver so we all know how drivers drive when the owners arnt around :rolleyes:

Best thing is to keep away from that :alc:

• Like 1

That add says it was owned by a monk, which implies that it was driven by a driver so we all know how drivers drive when the owners arnt around :rolleyes:

Best thing is to keep away from that :alc:

First glance at the pics gave me that feeling. IMHO When buying a BMW or any european for that matter, who u buy it off is very important. Thats why u c so many cars stuck at kohuwala sales. Also many which end up in such sales are also not in the best of state.