• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ignition Sound While On First Gear

svf

Question

Hi

I have a Toyota Corolla 121 NZE G-grade MANUAL car. 70,000km done.

Ocationally I get an ignition sound when pulling on first gear (particularly while climbing a small slopy road) and on the reverse gear.

What/where can be the problem? What do you suggest for me to do in order to fix it

4 answers to this question

if a proper fuel injection system cleanup hasn't been done on it for a while...now might be a good time to do it.

this usually involves removing all four injectors and cleaning them, cleaning the throttle body and related parts etc....

check air filter and replace if needed, check all the sensors related to fuel system etc...

Hi

Ocationally I get an ignition sound when pulling on first gear (particularly while climbing a small slopy road) and on the reverse gear.

What/where can be the problem? What do you suggest for me to do in order to fix it

Also adding to what Evlis said, sometimes this happens cause of an improperly tuned engine,petrol filter and blocked injectors might also be the culprits. :alc:

Hi

look like you need to done tune up for you'r car