• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Are The Advantages Of A 4Wd Car

Riz

Question

Hi,

I intend purchasing a 4 WD car (1995 model), purchasing Rs. 50 K less the the normal market value of a 2WD vehicle.

Any advises pls, with regard to the followings.

- Whether 4WD could be converted to a 2 WD

- Disadvantage of a 4 WD vehcile etc ...pls

9 answers to this question

Hi,

I intend purchasing a 4 WD car (1995 model), purchasing Rs. 50 K less the the normal market value of a 2WD vehicle.

theoretically possible but most likely it will cost you more than the 50k that you save. It's really not worth the effort unless you have some kind of a romance with that particular model. Please check the following thread:

Afaik, they consume more fuel than the 2WD versions. You may have problems finding spares for the rear differential and the other parts if they break down. Lower market value. Many makabasses may not know how to repair them and so on...

On another thread, I asked about a car (Swift 4WD), which is giving all kinds of noises. I suspect that the 4WD mechanism is also responsible for some of the problems.

Out of curiosity, what's the car?

Hi,

dude,

dont ever buy a 4wd with the intention of converting to 2wd. go and buy a 2wd insted.

4wd cars are very good on grip and in bends at high speeds. may be not as fast as a 2wd on a straight line.

4wd may do a little less on fuel/ may be 1 or 2 kilometers less per litre.

Edited by evergreen

Hi,

Okay like most other members suggested it isnt exactly a wise idea

You would loose the extra 50k you save on buying the car if you convert it to 4WD, BTW if its just a 50k difference don't even bother looking at that thing. The running costs and all the other trouble you would run into is not worth it. Besides there is no point in buying a 4WD family sedan here, we dont have snow here and unless you live in the middle of swamp its pointless.

Edited by The Stig

Yes FB 14, which came with the chassis No FNB 14

in top of that what the others said you going to have a hard time trying to sale it back.