• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Corolla Dx Ee96

mahindara

Question

15 answers to this question

I bought a Toyota corolla dx EE96 model (YOM 1988). Fuel consumption is around 10. I heard that it does around 15. Is it possible ? Can anyone please advice me to solve this problem?

what is the engine capacity this fule figure with the ac is on or of in short distance or long ones any ways one of my friends use to have one in long distance it max fule figure was 14kmpl and next time dont increase the size of the words you type.

Edited by nexus

There are many factors that contribute to poor fuel consumption as nexus has pointed out. You can do a search for some tips for increasing your fuel figures.

However your car is over 20 years old. Expecting high fuel figures is being a tad bit overoptimistic imo.

I bought a Toyota corolla dx EE96 model (YOM 1988). Fuel consumption is around 10. I heard that it does around 15. Is it possible ? Can anyone please advice me to solve this problem?

Dude everyone in this forum is mostly between the ages of 20-40 and i can assure you none of us have any difficulty reading normal sized fonts !

Also regarding your question i think 15 is little far fetched.

if you want better mileage do an engine tune up, clean the air filters etc

Dude everyone in this forum is mostly between the ages of 20-40 and i can assure you none of us have any difficulty reading normal sized fonts !

Also regarding your question i think 15 is little far fetched.

if you want better mileage do an engine tune up, clean the air filters etc

yes most of the members are at 20-40 but there is one however who beyond that age go to the same school as you stig and polish windscreen for 15k :lol:

yes most of the members are at 20-40 but there is one however who beyond that age go to the same school as you stig and polish windscreen for 15k :lol:

:lol: Ha Ha heavens no, that gentlemen is from our brother school the one in Bambalapitiya. Im from the school in Darley road :D

:lol: Ha Ha heavens no, that gentlemen is from our brother school the one in Bambalapitiya. Im from the school in Darley road :D

:D sorry about it

Thanks to all..

sorry for font size...

fuel consumption is 10 km/l is normal or not ?

Any ideas pls.

10kmpl is normal in short distance if not do a tuneup.

Thanks to all..

sorry for font size...

fuel consumption is 10 km/l is normal or not ?

Any ideas pls.

assuming this is 1500cc, Manual car running with AC on in city conditions... 10kmpl is not bad at all and you will never get 15kmpl

efficiency depends on driving conditions...

I had an ae100 that once did a shocking 17kmpl on a run to Habarana in the wee hours with almost no traffic on the road with AC...

until i sold the car eventually...never again did i have similar figures... mostly around 10kmpl and sometimes as low as 8 when heavy footed

10kmpl is good for that and those who told you it will do 15kmpl probably have lied!

i have to agree with Ripper it is a almost 22 years old vehicle 10kmpl is good

Edited by nexus