• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fb 13

pug306xsi

Okay Im having the worst week! Got late to work because of this boss asked why I am late...

Can anyone tell me if you all had a similer problem with the FB 13? My ignition lights come on batt is fine wont start...

The starter motor wont even wont try to start up.

any idea's?

Thanks in advance

not enough infor to think of a diagnosis. Do you hear any click noise where the starter motor relay operates ? If yes, check whether you hear relatively louder clonk sound from starter motor when you move the key position to start. If yes, then for sure the brushes have worn out. Try to put the car in 3rd or 4th gear and move slightly to turn the engine about 1/2 turn and then give it a try. If you hear the starter relay operating sound, then you should check the solenoid of the starter motor itself and the electric supply.

Before you proceed on depth, why not remove battery terminals, clean them up and give it a try.

Also if you got any further information on this issue which would help us to diagnose, put them up.

not enough infor to think of a diagnosis. Do you hear any click noise where the starter motor relay operates ? If yes, check whether you hear relatively louder clonk sound from starter motor when you move the key position to start. If yes, then for sure the brushes have worn out. Try to put the car in 3rd or 4th gear and move slightly to turn the engine about 1/2 turn and then give it a try. If you hear the starter relay operating sound, then you should check the solenoid of the starter motor itself and the electric supply.

Before you proceed on depth, why not remove battery terminals, clean them up and give it a try.

Also if you got any further information on this issue which would help us to diagnose, put them up.

Thanks im going home in a bit will let you know my findings.

Hello Harshan,

Apprently the cause was the batt was dead. Its funny because all the ignition lights were on and it was bright like usual.didnt suspect that.

I think the battery cells have died so need to get a new one. did a jump start and it worked in a second. Every morning i guess need to jump start after that it works and starts fine.

Thanks for your help.

Hello Harshan,

Apprently the cause was the batt was dead. Its funny because all the ignition lights were on and it was bright like usual.didnt suspect that.

I think the battery cells have died so need to get a new one. did a jump start and it worked in a second. Every morning i guess need to jump start after that it works and starts fine.

Thanks for your help.

find out whether that's a weakness of the battery or your electric system drains the battery overnight.

find out whether that's a weakness of the battery or your electric system drains the battery overnight.

When i went to service the LPG unit the guy at the center told the batt cells are gone...didnt know what he mean by that.

But when i was not in lanka my father didnt check the batt water levels and apprently it go empty and since then the batt was giving trouble.

I think thats the issue

When i went to service the LPG unit the guy at the center told the batt cells are gone...didnt know what he mean by that.

But when i was not in lanka my father didnt check the batt water levels and apprently it go empty and since then the batt was giving trouble.

I think thats the issue

alright, if the cells are weak or one cell is gone, it won't hold enough power for a morning start. Since you've mentioned the battery water level drops, there's an overcharging issue in the charging system. Get it checked and fixed before you install a new battery. Hope this helps.

alright, if the cells are weak or one cell is gone, it won't hold enough power for a morning start. Since you've mentioned the battery water level drops, there's an overcharging issue in the charging system. Get it checked and fixed before you install a new battery. Hope this helps.

Hi Harshan,

The issue was on a faulty ciggie lighter. it was a wire short on that and the electrical guy removed it. They checked the batt and said the batt was fine. From that day the battery was fine :)

Thanks for your help on this matter.