• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Security System

anjulau78

Hi,

I have installed a one way security system to my corolla EE102 Wagon. I had to have installed the central locking system to all four doors, as there were no central locking system came with the car. However the rear door has originally equipped with lock/unlock switch which located on the dashboard ( near the gear liver ). The problem is the S*nLan*a people unable to connect my rear door to their security system which they installed.

If anyone have face these kind of issue and overcome it by yourself, please give some advice for me.

from what i can understand reading your post...

Since the car didn't originally have central locking... you can completely take away the switch you have near the gear shifter.

If you can leave that aside...i don't see why any decent electrician can't wire your new security system to the central locking system.

If you're good with basic wiring stuff...it's an easy DIY...

If that's not your thing...why not try our Darley road Ruwan near the fire brigade. Rexton motors is the name.

Since the car didn't originally have central locking... you can completely take away the switch you have near the gear shifter.

If you can leave that aside...i don't see why any decent electrician can't wire your new security system to the central locking system.

If that's not your thing...why not try our Darley road Ruwan near the fire brigade. Rexton motors is the name.

Ripper the switch he is referring could be a mechanical one and therefore might have a slight issue connecting a motor to it. Also if they attach a motor to it they might have to change the whole layout and as a result the switch on the dash might not work after that and if there is an electrical error not having an override isnt exactly a good idea right ? :alc:

Just my 2cents :D

Ripper the switch he is referring could be a mechanical one and therefore might have a slight issue connecting a motor to it. Also if they attach a motor to it they might have to change the whole layout and as a result the switch on the dash might not work after that and if there is an electrical error not having an override isnt exactly a good idea right ? :alc:

Just my 2cents :D

Thanks Ripper & Stig,

I bring the vehicle to the electrician at Yakkala, he did the job that not taken more than 5 minutes but dash switch disconnected. (Even he did not brother to open the rear door :unsure: ) Previously I have installed the audio set-up by myself, but I have no confidence of touching these areas as it will directly effect to the ignition system. :rolleyes:

That Darly road guy has been saved in my memory. :)

Stig,

It was a electrical switch, not mechanical.

Again... Thanks for reply……….

Anjula

Edited by anjulau78

Stig,

It was a electrical switch, not mechanical.

Anjula

Ahh okay i think i know why the darley road guys didnt do the job.

It wasnt cause they cant but as per my understanding it was simply because you chose one of the basic alarm systems which did not include a trunk unlock feature.

Not doing the conversion was simply their way of saying if you want the trunk unlock feature upgrade :alc:

Ahh okay i think i know why the darley road guys didnt do the job.

It wasnt cause they cant but as per my understanding it was simply because you chose one of the basic alarm systems which did not include a trunk unlock feature.

Not doing the conversion was simply their way of saying if you want the trunk unlock feature upgrade :alc:

I think So. But When I asked them, they offer me only two types of alarm system. One-way security system which cost me around 8500/=, other is a Two-way security system which would be cost round 17,000/=. I did not select two way security system Because of the price and my requirement also fulfilled by the first one.

I think So. But When I asked them, they offer me only two types of alarm system. One-way security system which cost me around 8500/=, other is a Two-way security system which would be cost round 17,000/=. I did not select two way security system Because of the price and my requirement also fulfilled by the first one.

The two way system is awesome. Just upgraded to it last week. I always used to wonder whether I locked/armed the car before walking away, now I have peace of mind since I just have to check the display of the remote.