• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Oil For Es8 Done Over 100K Km's.

nilakicha

Hi Guys

A big switch from my recent post for possibly going for a Diesel vehicle - the thought of which I put on hold, atleast for now.

I'm about to put my ES8 for service (exactly after a year) and has over 105k KM's on the clock.

Which engine oil would be ideal to replace the Mobil engine oil I've been using thus far? Synthetic or Semi synthetic.

I've looked around in AL and outside forums for some info or recommendations and came up empty handed.

So any recommendations for a good engine oil to use for over 100k KM's would be greatly appreciated. Plus I'm looking at doing the next change - hopefully in about 10k KM's.

Cheers.

Edited by nilakicha

You'd be fine as long as you stick to reputed brand. Mobil is fine. Refer the owners manual and find out right viscosity range for your car (I think Honda Recommend 5W-30)..If I were you I'd go for the OEM(original) oil filter. You can easily get this from the Honda dealers(Stafford). Price would only be a couple of hundred rupees more than the after market ones.

Also please note that teck(spelling?) Motors in panchi.. do not carry any OEM parts for Hondas. They say they carry OEM parts, but don't trust them.

Edited by GearHead

You'd be fine as long as you stick to reputed brand. Mobil is fine. Refer the owners manual and find out right viscosity range for your car (I think Honda Recommend 5W-30)..If I were you I'd go for the OEM(original) oil filter.

The recommedations on the manual won't mean much as the conditions here are different and call for an oil o a different weight and viscosity that the OEM specs. Also, Honda doesn't make filters they are just rebranded mid level filters. A VIC filter is just as reliable if changed every 5000 km as it's supposed to be.

OP stick with whatever you are using currently. Semi-synthetics are basically crap. It's either synthetic or it isn't.

BTW OT you are changing your oil every 10,000 K.M's? with regular dino oil? I'd hate to be the guy who's going to buy that car from you when you decide to sell it.

The recommedations on the manual won't mean much as the conditions here are different and call for an oil o a different weight and viscosity that the OEM specs. Also, Honda doesn't make filters they are just rebranded mid level filters. A VIC filter is just as reliable if changed every 5000 km as it's supposed to be.

Thats why the OEM specs are given in a graph(sort of) which explains the required viscosity range for a given environment.So you could select the right range for your car based on the type of the environment that you are living in.

Yup I agree about the oil filter thingy, but given the choice I would still go for the OEM as I really wouldn't want to take a risk when it comes to engine lubrication.A VIC filter would be fine,but i would rather spend a few 100 bucks more for some peace in mind. :)

Anyway, it is all up to the owner to decide.. :)