• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Land Cruiser 200/202 Or The Porsche Caynne S Hybrid

malla

Well you will have the choice of looking like a maalu mudalali or Mervyn SIlva... choose wisely.

i think looks like a maalu mudalali is good than other option.

Porsche Hybrid :huh: ???

i would stick with a Land Cruiser or a non Hybrid Porsche Caynne S....

i mean common if u can buy a Porsche n can maintain it also y go for a freaking hybrid...its just wrong :blink:

but if you CANT buy a standard Porsche, nothing wrong with going for a hybrid one. Basically the hybrid tax cuts are making some vehicles that werent previously affordable by some people now more affordable.

Ad pardon me if my tech knowledge is wrong, if you floor a hybrid you're gonna be using the petrol engine and not the battery, so its not like you're loosing out on a lot.

but if you CANT buy a standard Porsche, nothing wrong with going for a hybrid one. Basically the hybrid tax cuts are making some vehicles that werent previously affordable by some people now more affordable.

Ad pardon me if my tech knowledge is wrong, if you floor a hybrid you're gonna be using the petrol engine and not the battery, so its not like you're loosing out on a lot.

Totally true Watchman. If you floor this you'll end up riding 315 german stallions. heard that the hybrid motor adds 80BHP too. There was a review of one imported here, in the Motormag, a couple of months back. Above was all i could remember.

Added on, with the tax cuts, it mentioned that one could bring it down for about 14M. Thats prado money and LC 202 will be much higher with the taxes i guess... Provided that malla is not expecting economy or green driving on this, I think this is a good (and Only) advantage for selecting this Hybrid.

Not a big fan of the looks tho... My (conventional) openion is that Porsche should only make 3 models. 911, 911 Turbo and the boxter. Thats all what the world needs... <_<

Not a big fan of the looks tho... My (conventional) openion is that Porsche should only make 3 models. 911, 911 Turbo and the boxter. Thats all what the world needs... <_<

Ahh you forgot the best looking and the fastest one "carrera gt" ;)

But yeah what you and watchman are saying is true, since the tax cut on the hybrids we actually have a chance of bringing down some proper vehicle without having to pay ridiculous amounts of taxes.

And compared to a mudali prado a cayenne is a much better deal be it mervin silva or not.

Edited by The Stig

it will be hard to resell the cayenne but if you have enough dough to afford one ,Then offcourse go for the cayenne .Landcruisers are common there like allions,we got alot of rich people in our country :D.

If I could afford a Cayenne, resale value wouldn't really bother me. :)

Ahh you forgot the best looking and the fastest one "carrera gt" ;)

But yeah what you and watchman are saying is true, since the tax cut on the hybrids we actually have a chance of bringing down some proper vehicle without having to pay ridiculous amounts of taxes.

And compared to a mudali prado a cayenne is a much better deal be it mervin silva or not.

Shoot me, shoot me now... :violent-smiley-099:

How could i ever miss the Carrera GT... :angry:

it will be hard to resell the cayenne but if you have enough dough to afford one ,Then offcourse go for the cayenne .Landcruisers are common there like allions,we got alot of rich people in our country :D.

Hmmm... Investment mentality is deep rooted in the community...

In this sense the best option is to buy 13M worth shares and a Corolla 110 for transportation

• Like 1

Cayenne s hybrid id more powerful than the norml Cayenne S and the land cruiser... and its not about maintenance its about reliablity onabt 3 yrs down the line

Porsche Cayenne models

Cayenne Base (petrol V6) - 300hp - 12km/liter

Cayenne Diesel (diesel V6) - 240hp - 16km/liter

Cayenne Hybrid (petrol-electric hybrid V6) - 380hp - 15km/liter

Cayenne S (V8) - 400hp - 11km/liter

Cayenne Turbo (V8 turbo) - 500hp - 11km/liter

http://www21.porsche.com/usa/aboutporsche/pressreleases/pag/?pool=international-de&id=2010-02-25

Porsche Cayenne models

http://www21.porsche.com/usa/aboutporsche/pressreleases/pag/?pool=international-de&id=2010-02-25

So the Hybrid only gives 3-4 kmpl more than the petrol versions? And the diesel gives more than the hybrid? Interesting figures. Don't see what would stop a person from getting the V8 turbo. 500bhp and 11kmpl is quite a killer combination.

So the Hybrid only gives 3-4 kmpl more than the petrol versions? And the diesel gives more than the hybrid? Interesting figures. Don't see what would stop a person from getting the V8 turbo. 500bhp and 11kmpl is quite a killer combination.

That would have been true if we lived in some other county but here when you are getting taxed 300% of the vehicles value i highly doubt anyone would spend 42million and get one of these when you can get a hybrid down for just 14 million :)

That would have been true if we lived in some other county but here when you are getting taxed 300% of the vehicles value i highly doubt anyone would spend 42million and get one of these when you can get a hybrid down for just 14 million :)

I was just talking in general. 4kmpl is a small sacrifice for an extra 120bhp. :)

Well... for instance one might be stopped by an 81,500GBP for the Turbo V8. Add 300% to that and comes a whoping 43M LKR.

If that kind of dough is available the sensible choice IMO will be the 911 Turbo, or a 911 GT version. But this is strictly dependant on how much of a hardcore petrol head you are and whether u could handle the grunt of a 911T or a GT, otherwise, call me silly but i feel it will be unfair for the car... :D

If I ever get that lucky (one could dream right...) I'd have to take the Boxter Introductory course to owning a 911... :lol:

Porsche Cayenne models

correct me if i'm wrong those figures are based on europe when come to driving here maybe they change a little.

Porsche Cayenne models

Cayenne Base (petrol V6)---------------------- 300hp - 12km/liter - 43,000GBP

Cayenne Diesel (diesel V6)------------------------ 240hp - 16km/liter - 45,000GBP

Cayenne Hybrid (petrol-electric hybrid V6) --- 380hp - 15km/liter - 59000GBP

Cayenne S (V8)------------------------------------ 400hp - 11km/liter - 55,000GBP

Cayenne Turbo (V8 turbo)------------------------ 500hp - 11km/liter - 85,000GBP

source: http://www21.porsche...e&id=2010-02-25 and http://www.porsche.com/uk/models/cayenne/

I added prices to make it even more interesting. These are British numbers.

Yes, the diesel gets 1km/liter more than the hybrid, but it has 140hp less power. And the Cayenne S has almost the same power as the hybrid, but 4km/liter less fuel economy which is a big km/liter difference.

One of the advantages of these powerful hybrids is you have a very powerful fast vehicle that gets the fuel economy of an econobox.

Edited by Californikan