• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Land Cruiser 200/202 Or The Porsche Caynne S Hybrid

malla

Thanks. I see I converted the mpg figures quoted by Porsche to km/l using the U.S. gallon mpg > km/l calculation instead of the Imperial gallon mpg > km/l calculation.

the economy is still pretty good compared to other suv's. the 2.7l prado does only 6 in colombo and abt 7 in out station

:jumping-smiley-013:

the economy is still pretty good compared to other suv's. the 2.7l prado does only 6 in colombo and abt 7 in out station

But I suppose those are manufacturer quoted figures...

You know they are always a bit too optimistic...

Totally agree with your figures(2.7litre Engine). I have 2.7litre Engine does only 6.5 km/L. In highways it does nearly 9.5km/L if it is driven soft on the foot.

:jumping-smiley-013:

But I suppose those are manufacturer quoted figures...

You know they are always a bit too optimistic...

Plus they bear no relation whatsoever to what the vehicle will achieve in Sri Lankan road and driving conditions.

Totally agree with your figures(2.7litre Engine). I have 2.7litre Engine does only 6.5 km/L. In highways it does nearly 9.5km/L if it is driven soft on the foot.

yeah i have a 2.7l Maual imported by the agents. it never does 9.5km/l the max ive got is 8 only few times

Plus they bear no relation whatsoever to what the vehicle will achieve in Sri Lankan road and driving conditions.

AFAIK real world Sri Lanka fuel economy for hybrid vehicles tends to be at the median of U.S. and European fuel economy test results, that is right in the middle between the U.S. and European figures.

2nd generation Prius European test cycle: 28km/liter

2nd generation Prius US test cycle: 20km/liter

2nd generation Prius Sri Lanka fuel economy: 24km/liter

2011 Cayenne Hybrid: European test cycle: 12km/liter

2011 Cayenne Hybrid: U.S. test cycle: 10km/liter

2011 Cayenne Hybrid: Sri lanka fuel economy: 11km/liter

etc, etc

Edited by Californikan

• 2 weeks later...

Well, to those who think that the Porsche is a unreliable car, well it is one of the most reliable brands in the world atm (with a extendable 10 year warranty). They are known to have produced a supercar that can be driven everyday. Even though Porsche only built the Cayenne as a profit making ploy, the second generation is actually a proper Porsche feeling to it. And to me its better looking than its competitors but taste is to ones own and I'm not going to argue on that, and one to one there isn't much as Porsche normaly only complete with Aston Martin, Ferrari, Lambo and Masarati. Since non of them still make a SUV it has to complete with other European Cars, and there is notting to beat the Porsche on Performance or even come close to it.

On to the Hybrids, well Porsche are first build a working Hybrid more than a century ago!!! not Toyota, even though they have mastered it. Cayenne Hybrid is not all that cheap after the Tax increases, its around 20mil for a basic, and a 4 month waiting list. The Q7 Patrol is 21mil and a 7 month waiting list.

But end of the day there is notting quiet like a Porsche! when someone is to ask for the your car what is better sounding Porsche, Merc, BMW or a Audi?

Since non of them still make a SUV it has to complete with other European Cars, and there is notting to beat the Porsche on Performance or even come close to it.

Er, BMW, Audi and Land Rover have versions of their SUVs that are just as fast.

Edited by Big_D

Well, to those who think that the Porsche is a unreliable car, well it is one of the most reliable brands in the world atm (with a extendable 10 year warranty). They are known to have produced a supercar that can be driven everyday. Even though Porsche only built the Cayenne as a profit making ploy, the second generation is actually a proper Porsche feeling to it. And to me its better looking than its competitors but taste is to ones own and I'm not going to argue on that, and one to one there isn't much as Porsche normaly only complete with Aston Martin, Ferrari, Lambo and Masarati. Since non of them still make a SUV it has to complete with other European Cars, and there is notting to beat the Porsche on Performance or even come close to it.

On to the Hybrids, well Porsche are first build a working Hybrid more than a century ago!!! not Toyota, even though they have mastered it. Cayenne Hybrid is not all that cheap after the Tax increases, its around 20mil for a basic, and a 4 month waiting list. The Q7 Patrol is 21mil and a 7 month waiting list.

But end of the day there is notting quiet like a Porsche! when someone is to ask for the your car what is better sounding Porsche, Merc, BMW or a Audi?

Really? Clearly you've not heard of this then....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeep_Grand_Cherokee#SRT-8

Unfortunately the taxes increased at the wrong time. Porsche is a way smaller car than the land cruiser. i doubt how well it will be for everyday use. We run alot :) i have a 2006 brand new imported prado 2.7l its very under powered. and adding to the taxes increasing, there is hardly any good land cruiser 200 to be found. i have reserved a 2011 prado 4L VX. its ex stock and it is 20.4mn. Read some good reviews about it and it has more options than a land cruiser 200. Will be making a decision tomorrow or day after.

Er, BMW, Audi and Land Rover have versions of their SUVs that are just as fast.

Well not as fast mate... its one thing getting a stock car from 0-60 in 5 secs and something els to get it in 4.4 secs... thats supercar zone..

Unfortunately the taxes increased at the wrong time. Porsche is a way smaller car than the land cruiser. i doubt how well it will be for everyday use. We run alot :) i have a 2006 brand new imported prado 2.7l its very under powered. and adding to the taxes increasing, there is hardly any good land cruiser 200 to be found. i have reserved a 2011 prado 4L VX. its ex stock and it is 20.4mn. Read some good reviews about it and it has more options than a land cruiser 200. Will be making a decision tomorrow or day after.

The Cayenne is longer than the Prado. The Cayenne is 4.846 mm and the Prado is 4,760 mm... better ground clearance too with 273mm to the Cayenne and 215 mm to the Prado, but I See what you mean, the Cayenne looks small and doesn't have 7 seats... but Since you don't not mind getting a pre owned or parallel import try to get down a Merc GL... it might be what you need, not seen one here or check how much it costs but worth a try if you are in the market for a Similar car... or even a Q7, but to be honest Audi did not do well in SL, reputation vise... too many sold in ##### for price of crisps..

My Opinion do not go for a Toyota Prado, you wouldn't have the warranty, its not good off road, and everyone who have no clue about cars buy one.. plus its everywhere so its not exclusive..

Well not as fast mate... its one thing getting a stock car from 0-60 in 5 secs and something els to get it in 4.4 secs... thats supercar zone..

Right... you may wanna check how fast an M powered X5 is, for example.

• Like 1

The Cayenne is longer than the Prado. The Cayenne is 4.846 mm and the Prado is 4,760 mm... better ground clearance too with 273mm to the Cayenne and 215 mm to the Prado, but I See what you mean, the Cayenne looks small and doesn't have 7 seats... but Since you don't not mind getting a pre owned or parallel import try to get down a Merc GL... it might be what you need, not seen one here or check how much it costs but worth a try if you are in the market for a Similar car... or even a Q7, but to be honest Audi did not do well in SL, reputation vise... too many sold in ##### for price of crisps..

My Opinion do not go for a Toyota Prado, you wouldn't have the warranty, its not good off road, and everyone who have no clue about cars buy one.. plus its everywhere so its not exclusive..

i would very much like to go for the cayenne but duty is supposed to go up and they dont have any ex stock. the prado i looked at was at toyota lanka. its the 4L v6 the fully loaded. it comes with a warranty. i know what you are talking about the exclusive factor.

I totaly agree on the fact that the 2.7liter Prado is under powered. We just imported a 2009 model JDM, and it lacks the performance our previous generation diesel prado did. I guess the 4liter would be the ideal for this vehicle if not a diesel

Same acceleration, but still the cayenne is faster... handles better and off road its better..

Making statements like "but still the cayenne is faster" is not helping your cause man. :lol:

And we were talking about how fast they are, not off road ability.

• Like 1

Making statements like "but still the cayenne is faster" is not helping your cause man. :lol:

And we were talking about how fast they are, not off road ability.

Here are the facts -:

BMW X5M and X6M (Same Stats)

Top speed (mph) 155

Acceleration 0-62 mph (sec) 4.7

Porsche Cayenne Turbo

Top speed 278 km/h (173 mph)

Acceleration from 0 - 100 km/h (0 - 62 mph) 4.7 s

Acceleration from 0 - 160 kmh (0 - 99 mph) 10.5 s

I rest my case!

Here are the facts -:

BMW X5M and X6M (Same Stats)

Top speed (mph) 155

Acceleration 0-62 mph (sec) 4.7

Porsche Cayenne Turbo

Top speed 278 km/h (173 mph)

Acceleration from 0 - 100 km/h (0 - 62 mph) 4.7 s

Acceleration from 0 - 160 kmh (0 - 99 mph) 10.5 s

I rest my case!

Did you check jerryda's link? :D

If you're talking top speed, the reason the Cayenne is faster is cause Porsche don't limit their cars, unlike BMW, who do. Which doesn't necessarily mean the Cayenne is faster.

Did you check jerryda's link? :D

If you're talking top speed, the reason the Cayenne is faster is cause Porsche don't limit their cars, unlike BMW, who do. Which doesn't necessarily mean the Cayenne is faster.

well to be honest it does... I'm not taking Sri Lanka into concideration here, but say you are to drive in a perfect section of the Autobahn say from Nürburg to Frankfurt. If you are in a X5 doing 250kmph the Cayenne would over take you quiet easily. They both on paper have the same accelaration...

i would very much like to go for the cayenne but duty is supposed to go up and they dont have any ex stock. the prado i looked at was at toyota lanka. its the 4L v6 the fully loaded. it comes with a warranty. i know what you are talking about the exclusive factor.

Got the 4L Prado... its pretty fancy inside. delivery is on Friday

• Like 1

well to be honest it does... I'm not taking Sri Lanka into concideration here, but say you are to drive in a perfect section of the Autobahn say from Nürburg to Frankfurt. If you are in a X5 doing 250kmph the Cayenne would over take you quiet easily. They both on paper have the same accelaration...

Ok, let's see. A quick Google search shows that the X5 M can do 171 mph, and the ML63 AMG can do well over 180 mph, delimited of course. So, overtaking 'quite easily' is not the way I'd put it.

The Cayenne is good, but there are other machines that are just as good, if not better.

• Like 1