• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Noise From Dashboard

X Driver

Question

The car dashboard makes vibrating noise particularly when overdriving. Is there a good place where they can fix the dashboard firmly to get rid of the noise?

I have recently done an engine tune up and change 3 engine mounts. That reduced the noise a bit. But still the vibration noise is there.

Any useful information appreciated.

17 answers to this question

what's ur car?(assuming its only noise from ur dashboard)i think the respectiv agent shud b gentle on the dashboard...sum1 not familiar wit a specific car's interior mite manhandle it n u cud end up wit cracks...

also does this happen in both hot n cold weather?

what's ur car?(assuming its only noise from ur dashboard)i think the respectiv agent shud b gentle on the dashboard...sum1 not familiar wit a specific car's interior mite manhandle it n u cud end up wit cracks...

also does this happen in both hot n cold weather?

Thanks for the immediate reply.

Its a toyota. The noise is more when the car is parked under the hot sun.

What could be the cause actually? Loosen clips or..?

Please advice.

Please advice.

it cud be anythng from loose fitment to expanded plastic due to the heat...get ur screws tightend and see if there's any improvement...i think a sun shade shud significantly cut down on ur interior heatin up...

Please advice.

How old is the car?

It is normal when a car gets older, due to vibration, heat.... etc... Screws will loosen and the original shape of the boards looses its shape and starts these types of sounds.

Best thing is to tighten them again, if necessary using new tightening washers.

Door panels also give vibration sounds with age. For that you can use some kind of cheap foam (could get it from Arpico) in between panels and retighten the screws.

Hope this might help...

Vibration in the sense, sound?! Cos then coins or other objects in the dash drawers and pockets could also make sound. And of course loose bolts & screws.

No, the noise is not from the objects in the glove box. The noise is like a plastic vibrating against a another surface.

How old is the car?

It is normal when a car gets older, due to vibration, heat.... etc... Screws will loosen and the original shape of the boards looses its shape and starts these types of sounds.

Best thing is to tighten them again, if necessary using new tightening washers.

Door panels also give vibration sounds with age. For that you can use some kind of cheap foam (could get it from Arpico) in between panels and retighten the screws.

Hope this might help...

This is really helpful. Thanks.

Can you tell me a place where this could be done. Because I'm new to the self repair stuff.

No, the noise is not from the objects in the glove box. The noise is like a plastic vibrating against a another surface.

like a "kiri kiri" sound ??? :)

Had the same prob and did inserted two sheets of thin plastic+foam to both sides of the dash. Now ok...

The noise is like 'rrrrrrrrrr'.

Have you done this on your own?

Yep... but if you are not confident enough to do a DIY job get a garage to do it, otherwise your car will end up with extra screws... j/k

I had a similar problem and it turned out that a clip which fastened the front bumper had come loose. Replacement of this clip solved the problem for me. For what its worth check your bumper mounting points as well. Hope you solve your problem soon.

The car dashboard makes vibrating noise particularly when overdriving. Is there a good place where they can fix the dashboard firmly to get rid of the noise?

I have recently done an engine tune up and change 3 engine mounts. That reduced the noise a bit. But still the vibration noise is there.

Any useful information appreciated.

Do you park this under the sun alot?