• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fixing A Reverse Sensor Set

Rasika wick

Question

17 answers to this question

Well the best thing would be to learn to reverse a car properly without the aid of cameras and sensors. If you do feel you can't reverse a car using you mirrors then anyone competant at wiring cars should be able to fix it as it's a pretty simple system. Forget the name but that place at the end of darley road where those used bookshops are, should be able to hook it up.

if you're a bit handy with wiring stuff its an easy DIY...the only somewhat special tool you need is a hole saw to drill the bumpers.

there is a guy by the fire brigade at darley road...rexton motors and the owner is ruwan.

he should be able to sort you out pretty easily if you're not up for a DIY

JD

well funny enough...i learn to reverse first and consider myself a pretty decent reverser if you can it that :P ...but especially with the truck..the sensors really come in handy. I don't completely depend on them but it's a good aid to have. especially reversing in the rain at night when mirrors don't offer a good view.

Well the best thing would be to learn to reverse a car properly without the aid of cameras and sensors.

Hmm... even if you are competent enough to reverse a car properly, reverse sensors can make your life easier. There can be rocks or other obstacles behind the car which is not visible, and reverse sensors help a lot in such cases. Also, it helps a lot in night time reversing. If the technology is available make use of it.

[quote name='Ripper' timestamp='1303061515' post='155244'

JD

well funny enough...i learn to reverse first and consider myself a pretty decent reverser if you can it that :P ...but especially with the truck..the sensors really come in handy. I don't completely depend on them but it's a good aid to have. especially reversing in the rain at night when mirrors don't offer a good view.

JD seems to be making some smart ass comments since lately. It will be nice to show some respect & be courteous to others when commenting, and if it is not possible to do so, it may be better to keep silent. the original poster's question was where he could get the sensors fixed; the smart ass comment on learning to reverse was totally uncalled for, and not relevant to the topic.

Edited by Az

i have full set of reverse sensor set which i recived as a gift... i want to fix it to my car.. can somebody indicate where i can i get it fixed? famous guys will not fix accossries bring from out side...

thanks....

Like Jd said any guy familiar with car electrical's will be able to fix it.

Actually you dont need anyone else for this, its basically a DIY job

JD

i have to agree with you Ripper in pickup truck reverse sensor come in handy specially in rainy nights one time i almost reverse my one to a wall in a rainy night. :D

JD seems to be making some smart ass comments since lately. It will be nice to show some respect & be courteous to others when commenting, and if it is not possible to do so, it may be better to keep silent. the original poster's question was where he could get the sensors fixed; the smart ass comment on learning to reverse was totally uncalled for, and not relevant to the topic.

Jeez I told the man where to get it hooked up from. Don't get your panties in a wad.

if you're a bit handy with wiring stuff its an easy DIY...the only somewhat special tool you need is a hole saw to drill the bumpers.

there is a guy by the fire brigade at darley road...rexton motors and the owner is ruwan.

he should be able to sort you out pretty easily if you're not up for a DIY

JD

Yeah they do come in useful on trucks. Can't argue with that, but, I've seen quite a few altos with both the sensors and the camera hooked up. Makes me wonder if the driver should even be behind a wheel.

OT but do you really need a hole saw? A big bit should work right? the cut won't b e clean since you will be bumping the bit but the sensor should cover it up.

Also never used a hole saw so I gotta ask...would a regular drill (regular speed that is) work?

but especially with the truck..the sensors really come in handy. I don't completely depend on them but it's a good aid to have. especially reversing in the rain at night when mirrors don't offer a good view.

My Brother-In-Law fixed a reverce cam/sensor to his Toyota Coaster and Volvo (Bus) exactly because of the above matter, and to avoid other obsticles. When reverce long wehicles like these buses, having a sensor or cam is much helpful.

well...i do know where JD's comment is coming from.

some folks tend to depend on these sensors a tad bit too much and don't improve their reversing skills

i wouldn't take the issue any further and just leave it at that mate

OT but do you really need a hole saw? A big bit should work right? the cut won't b e clean since you will be bumping the bit but the sensor should cover it up.

Also never used a hole saw so I gotta ask...would a regular drill (regular speed that is) work?

nah machang. unless you have the bigger drill that can take large bits a small hand drill bit wont cut it.

the hole that was needed for mine was like 20mm and although i had a drill bit that size but drill chuck couldn't take it.

so had to get a hole saw. And i have a towing bumper made outta somewhat thick steel. so that makes even the hole saw work a bit hard!

nah machang. unless you have the bigger drill that can take large bits a small hand drill bit wont cut it.

the hole that was needed for mine was like 20mm and although i had a drill bit that size but drill chuck couldn't take it.

so had to get a hole saw. And i have a towing bumper made outta somewhat thick steel. so that makes even the hole saw work a bit hard!

Ah ok I thought the holes were a lot smaller than 20mm..

well...i do know where JD's comment is coming from.

some folks tend to depend on these sensors a tad bit too much and don't improve their reversing skills

i wouldn't take the issue any further and just leave it at that mate

Yeah, that could be true. Fair enough.