• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mitsubishi 4D65 Gear Box

Kule

Dear All,

After a long time I'm posting here :rolleyes: .I'm using a Mitsubishi Lancer C14A car. It's YOM is 1985, Engine is 4D65 Diesel 1800cc.These days I'm having a trouble with it's gear box :action-smiley-060: . Every time when I shift to 2nd or 4th it jumps to Neutral with an unpleasant sound :( . Now it's in garage and they say that the gear box needs to be replaced or fully repaired. what should I do????? Plz help me to solve this trouble!!!

Cheers :rolleyes:

PS: Ok now, I called some importers, a used gear box costs around 35K's :violent-smiley-099: . what will be better guys, Replacing or repairing??? what will do the job better??? I'm bit confused about the garage guys :huh: , will they able to get the original condition of the gear box after repairing?? :blink: (it's not a high tech garage, only a small place)

Edited by Kule

Dear All,

After a long time I'm posting here :rolleyes: .I'm using a Mitsubishi Lancer C14A car. It's YOM is 1985, Engine is 4D65 Diesel 1800cc.These days I'm having a trouble with it's gear box :action-smiley-060: . Every time when I shift to 2nd or 4th it jumps to Neutral with an unpleasant sound :( . Now it's in garage and they say that the gear box needs to be replaced or fully repaired. what should I do????? Plz help me to solve this trouble!!!

machang call anusha motors 2473083 they might have the 4D65 gear box as a complete unit, i am not sure of the prices also know if there are compatible gear boxes so that if 4D65 is not there you can couple another generation gear box.

machang call anusha motors 2473083 they might have the 4D65 gear box as a complete unit, i am not sure of the prices also know if there are compatible gear boxes so that if 4D65 is not there you can couple another generation gear box.

Oh, thanx macho..... Will call them right now, I'm in a serious trouble of finding the correct parts.

Dear All,

PS: Ok now, I called some importers, a used gear box costs around 35K's :violent-smiley-099: . what will be better guys, Replacing or repairing??? what will do the job better??? I'm bit confused about the garage guys :huh: , will they able to get the original condition of the gear box after repairing?? :blink: (it's not a high tech garage, only a small place)

In the Sri Lankan context replacing with a used gearbox is sadly a better and more likely to be successful option. Rebuilding engines and gear boxes are not always done to the quality they need to be and often fail prematurely due to low quality components and shoddy workman ship. This is only valid in the Sri Lankan context and based on my experience.

Oh, thanx macho..... Will call them right now, I'm in a serious trouble of finding the correct parts.

Kule ,

Just to know..what are the other numbers you called apart from Anusha motors.I would like to know pls.