• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Info Abt Benz 190 E

Happy26

Hello Mates,

I need to know abt this Benz Model 190 E

Does anyone know the current prices of 2nd hand 190E car..? preferably manufactured after year 1990 and also 190 E models made before 1990..?

And are there enough spare parts widely available for this model in SL..? If so giv me some trustworthy recognized places where you buy Benz spare parts for reasonable prices

44652.JPG

easypicture0175.jpg

Prices may vary from 1.2Mn to 1.7Mn depending on the condition. Mercedez parts are the easies to find in SL compared to most european cars.

Ohhh does it cost that much...?? 1.2 Mn - 1.7 Mn..? i thought that model has no market since itz pretty old and since itz benz and not too many people buy old models. <_< You can getta much newer Japanese vehicle for that price or even a Peugeot 406 or even Alfa Romeo as i saw some car ads on this site

Yaaa Mercedes are almost every where in Colombo roads so, there got be enough spares available for all those cars, but are they expensive compared to Japanese vehicles..?? and wot abt the fuel consumption of Benz 190 E , how many KM it can go in 1lt of petrol.??

Ohhh does it cost that much...?? 1.2 Mn - 1.7 Mn..? i thought that model has no market since itz pretty old and since itz benz and not too many people buy old models. <_< You can getta much newer Japanese vehicle for that price or even a Peugeot 406 or even Alfa Romeo as i saw some car ads on this site

Yaaa Mercedes are almost every where in Colombo roads so, there got be enough spares available for all those cars, but are they expensive compared to Japanese vehicles..?? and wot abt the fuel consumption of Benz 190 E , how many KM it can go in 1lt of petrol.??

errr, yup a merc would cost that much. There is a red used one in the area I live in (a sale). write to me on [email protected] if you need directions

ha ha looks like someone has been following the guerrilla marketing course. macahgn how much is the commission???

there is a red one. It was 64 dash. Dont know what the price will be like.

Prices may vary from 1.2Mn to 1.7Mn depending on the condition. Mercedez parts are the easies to find in SL compared to most european cars.

max you sure about the price? a friend of mine sold his W124 E 220 for over 2mil(can't remember the exact price) three years back. it was in mint condition. i know the value depreciate over time but wont the annual price hikes cancel each other. If so shouldn’t the price be still around 2mil??? (im trying out peri n fuzzo’s logic theory)

max you sure about the price? a friend of mine sold his W124 E 220 for over 2mil(can't remember the exact price) three years back. it was in mint condition. i know the value depreciate over time but wont the annual price hikes cancel each other. If so shouldn’t the price be still around 2mil??? (im trying out peri n fuzzo’s logic theory)

Yes, and specially when the petrol prices sky rocket , usually the car prices should come down, but bloody hell itz not happening for some reason, "GOD SPEAKS" mate we're all living in an time and age where you hv to spend a fortunate even to buy an average car, daamn wotz wrong with this country :action-smiley-060:

ok so the price of a 190E is any where between 1.2 - 1.7 Mn and 220 E is above 2.0 mn thats great. and spare parts are readily available for Merce in SL

But Does any of you know the avg fuel consumption of these 2 models 190e and 220e , i would appreciate if you can tell me the figures in 1lt to Km's

ok so the price of a 190E is any where between 1.2 - 1.7 Mn and 220 E is above 2.0 mn thats great. and spare parts are readily available for Merce in SL

But Does any of you know the avg fuel consumption of these 2 models 190e and 220e , i would appreciate if you can tell me the figures in 1lt to Km's

9 max

• 1 month later...

8km per liter for a 190 and 7 for a 220. If you're not particular about the reg or YOM you can get one below a mill. A bit of friendly advice; always go for condition over age or reg. If it's got service history that'll save you a lot of surprises.

Super engineering, great to own but boring to drive.

So what exactly makes it boring to drive??? I thought a well engineered car is always enjoyable to drive.

Steering lacks any kind of feel except the new SLK which I was so lucky to drive. You don't feel connected with the wheels, steering and suspension like you do in a BMW for example.

That connection is what is so important in enjoying the drive in a car. It's what can put you in a good mood and make you smile.

Further more Merc manual transmissions are quite terrible having very long throws and widely spaced ratios. This makes it frustrating to drive quickly on a road like Gingathhena-Hatton or Gampola-Nuwara Eliya.

If you drive a Mazda Miata (MX-5) you will know what a great manual gearbox feels like.

Then there is the not very nice noise when you rev the engine. Nothing fruity or sporty like say and Italain twin cam. Except of course the SL55 AMG which again I was so lucky to drive and I can confirm that it has a deep-throated horny engine and exhaust note and mind blowing acceleration.

Merc have more to do with extreme safety and less with driver pleasure which makes them boring to drive.

However I must say the dynamic ability of Merc are great. Extreme grip levels are very high with only BMs coming close (in my experience).

They are beautifully engineered cars and ride quality, stability and body control is unmatched.

But of course they are great to own. They're reliable imposing to look at, have a rock solid feel and hold their value extremely well.

So they are nice to own (In fact I own one) but certainly they're quite boring to drive!