• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Heater Meter Problem - 4Dr5 Jeep

4DR5

Hi experts,

I have a 4DR5 J20 long wheel engine and the original heater meter was broken. I tried to repair it by giving it to a auto electrician but the opinion was that it could not be fixed. Therefore, i replaced a new japanese heater meter on the dashboard.

But the problem is that when i drive the jeep for about 5km, meter indicator reaches the 100 celcious mark and stay there. I do not think the engine is boiling because i sometimes drive the the jeep for 20-30km at a strech without stopping.

Appreciate the advice.

Thanks

4DR5

Hi experts,

I have a 4DR5 J20 long wheel engine and the original heater meter was broken. I tried to repair it by giving it to a auto electrician but the opinion was that it could not be fixed. Therefore, i replaced a new japanese heater meter on the dashboard.

But the problem is that when i drive the jeep for about 5km, meter indicator reaches the 100 celcious mark and stay there. I do not think the engine is boiling because i sometimes drive the the jeep for 20-30km at a strech without stopping.

Appreciate the advice.

Thanks

4DR5

find out the model of the new heater meter you installed. Then find a matching temperature probe (temperature sensor) and install it on to the engine and take the input from the new probe. Issue will be sorted out. I assume you've chosen a 24V meter btw.