• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Second Hand Car Market...

pontiac_gto

no need to wait two months to see vehicles price have increase even now some sellers asking higher price to their vehicles than before.

Edited by nexus

I thought 3rd hand market was top secret .. like underground, mafia driven etc. etc ..

Noobs shouldn't be privy to details of the 3rd hand market (if you catch my drift ;) )

I thought 3rd hand market was top secret .. like underground, mafia driven etc. etc ..

Noobs shouldn't be privy to details of the 3rd hand market (if you catch my drift ;) )

The third hand makert can only be accessed through tor.

Hey, slightly OT, but what do you guys think will happen to the third hand market? Will Chuck Norris blow it up?

One must never speak of Chuck Norris unless one knows the risks. Calling his name out will leave your life ikn grave danger.

One must never speak of Chuck Norris unless one knows the risks. Calling his name out will leave your life ikn grave danger.

I know how to scream like Bruce Lee. All I need is a kitten and then I will rip out Chuck Norris' chest hair! Hai-yah! :ninja:

what happen to the second hand car market within next two months. what is ur idea :(:(:(:(:(:( is it increase or decrease ...

A pretty dumb question. Of course it'll increase! Why in the world would it not.

Now stop asking silly questions and let this thread die.

Edited by Rebel

what happen to the second hand car market within next two months. what is ur idea :(:(:(:(:(:( is it increase or decrease ...

What will happen? Pre school maths! :action-smiley-060:

When the Government reduse the Tax a value of a second hand car will go down by Rs 50,000/= (Max)

When the Government increase the Tax the value of the same car goes up by atleast Rs 100,000/=

Sri Lanka.....A land like no other! :alc:

in exactly two months from now, the 2nd hand market would have increased by 2.544537%. however in exactly 2 more weeks from that, the market will drop by 0.43863%..

its not a silly question bro. i needed to ask and then i asked. if u r not interesting don't even read it.

Buddy no offense, but the logic is pretty simple. Its something like this: Increase in tax → higher initial cost of ownership <but with no increase in purchasing power> → decrease in capacity to purchase a recon\brand new vehicle → increased demand for second hand cars → higher prices for second hand cars.

Now there are several assumptions in the above reasoning but none of these have a serious impact on the actual SL second hand market.

If you don't understand this then i guess you could go on asking for other's opinion but that'll probably piss a few people off and you seriously should reconsider it..

Also before you ask then you could search, not because I rue the question but cos there was an extensive discussion on a similar topic some time ago (albeit a reversed scenario)

its not a silly question bro. i needed to ask and then i asked. if u r not interesting don't even read it.

Buddy no offense, but the logic is pretty simple. Its something like this: Increase in tax → higher initial cost of ownership <but with no increase in purchasing power> → decrease in capacity to purchase a recon\brand new vehicle → increased demand for second hand cars → higher prices for second hand cars.

Now there are several assumptions in the above reasoning but none of these have a serious impact on the actual SL second hand market.

If you don't understand this then i guess you could go on asking for other's opinion but that'll probably piss a few people off and you seriously should reconsider it..

Also before you ask then you could search, not because I rue the question but cos there was an extensive discussion on a similar topic some time ago (albeit a reversed scenario)