• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Gearboxproblem

jami

Question

Dear Experts,

recently in my car gear is not changing from low (1) to next, i have to accelerate to 4000rpm but still it not change, in few seconds then it change??? why is this? this is happened very rarely. (n16/ AUTO/ 1.6 )

16 answers to this question

Dear Experts,

recently in my car gear is not changing from low (1) to next, i have to accelerate to 4000rpm but still it not change, in few seconds then it change??? why is this? this is happened very rarely. (n16/ AUTO/ 1.6 )

Did you change transmission oil, If not change the transmission oil and see.

if the problem still continues i would suggest you get it check by the professionals.

Dear Experts,

firstly as shehan says change the oil and see. do a flush and then change the oil.. see if the ATF filter is bad.. if its equipped with a changable one..

i am not sure about this but if the auto box in the n16 is TCU controleld it might be giving a code.. get it scanned just to be safe..

firstly as shehan says change the oil and see. do a flush and then change the oil.. see if the ATF filter is bad.. if its equipped with a changable one..

i am not sure about this but if the auto box in the n16 is TCU controleld it might be giving a code.. get it scanned just to be safe..

thanks.

This TCU Controlled code can identify by the scanner? and what result it gives?

thanks.

This TCU Controlled code can identify by the scanner? and what result it gives?

if there is a code.. A*W or any nissan guy will know what it coressponds to.. however if there is no code, and there is nothing wrong electrnocially.. it is then mechanical and u need a good auto box repair guy to show the car.

if there is a code.. A*W or any nissan guy will know what it coressponds to.. however if there is no code, and there is nothing wrong electrnocially.. it is then mechanical and u need a good auto box repair guy to show the car.

where is the best place to do this in Kandy/Badulla area??

One of my friend in search of FB14 diesal auto gear box. gear box model is some thing like SD20.

He has searched kurunegala, but couldn't not find it. Does anybody knows any places/contacts for auto gear boxes.

One of my friend in search of FB14 diesal auto gear box. gear box model is some thing like SD20.

He has searched kurunegala, but couldn't not find it. Does anybody knows any places/contacts for auto gear boxes.

Try Delkanda area, if not Super Sonic - Kochchikade.

Dear Experts,

ok dude.... try this. when you keep acceleration.. and feel like the engine is Revving up take your foot bit off the accelerate and press it again.. it will change the gear

the more you press it the more it will stay on the first gear..

i had the same problem in my old EE103.. a re flush of auto oil cured the problem

but till then.. i learned to change from 1-2 and 2-1 manually by adjusting the force i put the accelerator

ok dude.... try this. when you keep acceleration.. and feel like the engine is Revving up take your foot bit off the accelerate and press it again.. it will change the gear

the more you press it the more it will stay on the first gear..

i had the same problem in my old EE103.. a re flush of auto oil cured the problem

but till then.. i learned to change from 1-2 and 2-1 manually by adjusting the force i put the accelerator

yes this is true.. and i used to do it when it happen. and want to know how this function?

yes this is true.. and i used to do it when it happen. and want to know how this function?

2 things can cause this mate, 1 lack of auto gear oil or if the engine is a bit faster..

by adjusting the speed of the engine you might be able to fix your problem

just give it a shot mate, before reflushing your gear oil.. its much cheaper. :)

2 things can cause this mate, 1 lack of auto gear oil or if the engine is a bit faster..

by adjusting the speed of the engine you might be able to fix your problem

just give it a shot mate, before reflushing your gear oil.. its much cheaper. :)

yes it is 1.6 engine and it's fast

yes it is 1.6 engine and it's fast

there you go mate, take your car to a garage where they do engine tune up's and tell them to decrese the speed

they will plug a small gadget (Scanner) to the car and will reduce the speed a bit and you problem might get solved most probably mate :)

there you go mate, take your car to a garage where they do engine tune up's and tell them to decrese the speed

they will plug a small gadget (Scanner) to the car and will reduce the speed a bit and you problem might get solved most probably mate :)

thanks for the ideas. ill check with this