• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mitsu Gdi Problems

fuzzo

Question

Can someone research and post here what the exact issues are with GDI engines. From my SUV hunt (Xtrail not sold yet) i have found that the GDI monteros are far cheaper in price than the non-GDI models.

What are the problems people have had with these engines and are they frequent?

7 answers to this question

Can someone research and post here what the exact issues are with GDI engines. From my SUV hunt (Xtrail not sold yet) i have found that the GDI monteros are far cheaper in price than the non-GDI models.

there are non GDI monteros <_< never knew that

Fuzzo machan I had enough with GDis.......Its bit sad to say but GDis are not recomended for car lovers.the info I have ,the local fuel consist of a huge amount of Sulpher percentage that kills the in-cylinder injectors .So the owners need to pump high octain LLs or three stars.

The continous engine vibrations were treated with ABR# fuel additives in regular intervals along with replacing the plugs regularly with genuine NGKs bought directly from Japan.rest didnt work for me.That improved the fuel consumption and reduced the engine vibration.Generally im unhappy about GDis.

Fuzzo machan I had enough with GDis.......Its bit sad to say but GDis are not recomended for car lovers.the info I have ,the local fuel consist of a huge amount of Sulpher percentage that kills the in-cylinder injectors .So the owners need to pump high octain LLs or three stars.

The continous engine vibrations were treated with ABR# fuel additives in regular intervals along with replacing the plugs regularly with genuine NGKs bought directly from Japan.rest didnt work for me.That improved the fuel consumption and reduced the engine vibration.Generally im unhappy about GDis.

True, The GDI has a specific filter, even if our fuel is pretty expensive i guess we get the crapiest of all fuels in the world. CHEAP and NOT MEANT FOR ADVANCED ENGINES,

the residues in the fuel gets also clogged in a specific filter which GDI engines have, but i heard from one owner of a car sale that he cleaned this filter and the vehicale operated normally,

I am really not a tech person, but i would recomend you to keep away from GDI engines,

GDI is a technology which failed for mitsubishi.

the residues in the fuel gets also clogged in a specific filter which GDI engines have, but i heard from one owner of a car sale that he cleaned this filter and the vehicale operated normally,

yes velocity you are correct. the filter can be manually cleaned. the problem is the local agent they always try to milk the customers who come for engine repairs. best thing is go to the agent only for a diagnose and do the repair elsewhere. or get one of the mechanics in Un**** Mo**** to do the repair privately.

when i took my SUV they said i need to change some filter costing 50000 (in 2003) and they said even thats not sure n if it didnt work i have to change another filter costing a similar amount. finally i got the filter cleaned by one of the head mechanics in A*W.

so fuzzo if i was you i wont worry bout the whole GDI issue that much. plus you only gona use this as a joy ride rather than a day to day vehicle isn’t it. just make sure to pump 95 octane n do the regular servicing.