• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Prius Met With An Accident

Really genius? So the first time you looked at a Prius wheel, you instantly knew it was a wheel cover?

Of course you didn't. No doubt about that. You thought it was an alloy wheel also and didn't realize it was a wheel cover until just now. And that is understandable....usually a wheel cover on a car is obvious, and is used to cover up ugly steel wheel, not nice magnesium alloy ones.

But as is typical for you, you go on the attack anyway - without a moment of self-reflection or humility. This is so sad and typical for you - to pounce on and attack another for an error that you yourself made, are making or could make.

I look at Prius wheels every day. Damn thing always looked like an alloy to me and still does.

Not really the point is it ?

Md is not really a prius expert is he, you are the self proclaimed hybrid expert.

So its fair that he doesn't know certain things about something he is not interested in, and im pretty sure he knows where every damn nut and bolt fits in his MG let alone if they have wheel caps or not.

For someone who claims to be having an infinite knowledge regarding hybrids and comes up all sorts of argument on how great the prius is as opposed to other models you dont seem to have an ounce of practical knowledge about the car you promote dearly.

Did we know the prius had a wheel cover ? no

Why ? we dont know cause we dont own one and neither are we interested in them

Is Cali interested in them ? Damn right !

Did he know ? no

Why ? "well that my friend is the million dollar question isnt it"

.....and it's always always the same 3 or 4 who exhibit such behavior, Watchman, MasterDon, VVti, JDnet.

BTW im quite sad that you didnt add me to this list :sad-smiley-034:

Good point dude. I didn't pay attention to the design of the wheel covers on the side of the road in the photo. Just glanced at the wheels on the car in the photo, and noticed they didn't look like 'Prius wheels'.

You're evading the point. Above would possibly have been valid excuse, except

1. this wheel cover thing is supposed to be a "feature" to increase economy; didn't google turn up info about it?

2. When Mani wrote

Those are the wheel covers for this car. Under the covers is the alloy wheel. Sort of backwards but the covers are there for aerodynamic reasons.

you could have gone and taken a look at them and checked (or at lease googled) before you wrote

They could have also fitted the plastic wheel covers to protect the alloy wheels.

If any person owns a car for at least a couple of months, don't ya think that it is quite normal for that person to have at lest cleaned/washed the car once during that period. If that is the case, I find it really hard to understand why that person wouldn't notice that there are plastic hub caps on top of the alloy wheels..It just sounds strange.

And lets just forget that for a while and think of the picture that you posted earlier. Don't you think that it is quite strange for your alloy wheel to have a solid construction without a removable centre piece where the manufacturer's logo normally goes. That gives you access to the axle bolt when changing the CV joint and related parts.

Some people have other people wash their cars.

You're pointing out the center cap NOW after the fact, after all this commotion, but chances are you, me and 99.9% of people wouldn't have thought it was a wheel cover because the Prius wheel cover does not look like a wheel cover - it looks like an alloy wheel.

I wouldn't have noticed the detail about the center piece anyway because that kind of thing doesn't interest me.

DIY stuff, auto mechanics, detailing, tinkering under the hood, getting my hands dirty etc etc doesn't interest me one bit (they used to) so I don't even notice those kinds of things.

Driving crazy fast and hypermiling, zero-emissions, advanced technology, handling and comfort, fuel economy, crash safety, scientific and consumer vehicle research, and the global automotive 'big picture' is what interests me.

you could have gone and taken a look at them and checked (or at lease googled) before you wrote

Possibly, but I'm not going to run out and look, every time someone posts something.

Some observations on 'Attack Monkeys'

- They can't tolerate things that they don't understand or don't have experience with....so they attack those things.

- They can't tolerate points of view and ways of doing things that are different from theirs....so they attack those points of view and ways of doing things.

- They can't tolerate people who don't think, see the world, and approach things differently from the way they do....so they attack those people.

This sorry mentality has been more than evident on this forum by...

- The non-stop attacks on hybrids and hybrid drivers that went on for months.

- The complete hijacking of this thread by the pack.

Monkeys trash hybrid because it is new & different and they don't understand it or the humans who drive them

End of Story

man this just takes the cake... CALI listen carefully.. are u listening. i dont think people are trashing the hyrbids here becuase its new technology.. its not new technology.. its really really not... get it like etisalat internet.. he he,., anyway.. it becuase of people BS that the trashing happens... belive me 99 percent of the people bought it because of the tax cuts and the fact that they can go to matara with 100 Rs of petrol or what not.. they are not true treehuggers i dont think we have them in SL.

secondly most of the expert hybrid owners still cant answer simple technical question regarding the lord of the tree savers... get it like lord of the reload from dialog.. he he... ok nough dry jokes..

Edited by Pericles

I dunno if you think you can find some company in this, but if you look, its mostly just attacks on you. Coz lately, you've been an ass. Shoulda just stuck to your hybrid news thread.

Didnt realized i was THAT significant.

Just to clear a doubt (and I wont ask you anything about a prius afterwards).. I know you are very busy and probably have little time to waste online so simple YES/NO answers would be more than enough. Thank you very much! :)

1- You've been lobbying for hybrids both locally and internationally for years (because they are eco friendly), and even though you could have bought one in Sri Lanka during the last 7-8 years through Toyota Lanka or privately, you never bothered to till tax cut made them relatively cheaper.

3- You've been driving your prius for at least 2months now, and hence quite knowledgeable on hybrids hence able to give fairly accurate fuel consumption figures. Yet till now you haven't been close to even a single wheel to know that they were in fact hubcaps?

I'm still waiting for your response, on my 2 questions. Just Yes/No.. thats all.

You're pointing out the center cap NOW after the fact, after all this commotion, but chances are you, me and 99.9% of people wouldn't have thought it was a wheel cover because the Prius wheel cover does not look like a wheel cover - it looks like an alloy wheel.

I wouldn't have noticed the detail about the center piece anyway because that kind of thing doesn't interest me.

DIY stuff, auto mechanics, detailing, tinkering under the hood, getting my hands dirty etc etc doesn't interest me one bit (they used to) so I don't even notice those kinds of things.

Driving crazy fast and hypermiling, zero-emissions, advanced technology, handling and comfort, fuel economy, crash safety, scientific and consumer vehicle research, and the global automotive 'big picture' is what interests me.

Possibly, but I'm not going to run out and look, every time someone posts something.

If you're so interested in Driving crazy fast, advanced technology, handling and comfort, fuel economy, shouldnt you be promoting brands like BMW for handling and driving 'crazy fast' or merc or other european makes for advance technology, comfort etc. Instead you focus on a toyota prius which actually gives VERY little of the things you claim to be INTERESTED IN? check out post#1. See what happened to the last guy who trid to drive his prius 'crazy fast'? :rolleyes:

So you didnt see your wheels cos you have someone else to wash it? you can afford to have someone to wash your car, and yet you go for a cheapo prius to save few bucks on petrol.

Cali

I've never gone after you but seriously...admit it man! you're just a wanna be hybrid expert who's just stuck with facts and figures plucked off the web and have absolutely next nothing experience on them in real world scenarios.

Gotta say i actually thought you knew something about hybrids beyond what can be googled by an average joe.

So just drop your charade mate! it aint obviously working!!!

Trying to divert the attention away from your lack of knowldge on something as simple as a wheel cover is just un-acceptable don't you think?

Especialy when you constantly crossed swords with people here who know a lot more about conventional cars than you do.

Hell...If anybody had enough free time, a decent web connection, and an interest on hybrids... They can easily go beyond what you talk about. Even get the wheel cover thing sorted cos that seem to be part of toyotas fuel saving strategy by improving aerodynamics.

Massive Fail mate! Massive!!!

Edited by Ripper
  • Like 2

LMAO, joke of the year. You're getting better Mr. Nikan. How about you google your own posts for a change:

You can put any wheel or tire on a hybrid in the same way you can on a regular car. It'll just lower your fuel economy. The stock wheels on hybrids are designed to lower aerodynamic drag and the stock tires are commonly low rolling resistance tires that contribute to better fuel economy.

No major effects. You'll improve the appearance and handling considerably at the cost of some fuel economy. (Hybrids typically come on narrow low rolling resistance tires for better fuel economy.)

I assume you're referring to the 2nd gen Prius which came standard with 15 inch tires. There isn't a lot of room in the wheel well, but it is possible to fit 16 and 17 inch tires in there.

Try this website to experiment with different wheel/tire combinations for your car

http://www.tirerack.com/index.jsp

Edited by zerocool

I agree with Shehan WCC when he said, 'Nigga Please'... :)

Some observations on 'Attack Monkeys'

- They can't tolerate things that they don't understand or don't have experience with....so they attack those things.

- They can't tolerate points of view and ways of doing things that are different from theirs....so they attack those points of view and ways of doing things.

- They can't tolerate people who don't think, see the world, and approach things differently from the way they do....so they attack those people.

- The complete hijacking of this thread by the pack.

Monkeys trash hybrid because it is new & different and they don't understand it or the humans who drive them

Californican's Monkeys trash hybrid because it is new & different and they don't understand it or the humans who drive them

In 1899 Dr Ferdinand Porsche, then a young engineer at Jacob Lohner & Co, built the first Hybrid Vehicle or more specifically the first Hybrid Car.

you're just a wanna be hybrid expert who's just stuck with facts and figures plucked off the web and have absolutely next nothing experience on them in real world scenarios.

And if that doesn't say "salesperson" to you, what does?