• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Alto K10 Vxi Or Perodua Viva Elite Manual?

azhar

Hi guys,

My budget is a little over Rs.1.5 million and since I am a first time buyer I would like to buy a brand new car.

I want to choose between the Alto K10 Vxi which costs around Rs. 15,60000 at A*W or a Perodua Viva Elite costing Rs. 14,90000 for the Manual gear.

Although I think fuel efficiency wise, Alto does better VIVA seems to have more options like Alloys, Airbags, Power mirrors etc.

The car also has a better look and more space inside.

After reading all your reviews, I found that however the ground clearance is lower than the Alto K10. Since I will need to use the vehicle mostly to drive to the North and East what do you guys think? Would it hit the bottom on the humps and give me a hard time with potholes?

Also worrried about second hand market with Viva and spares? Please help..

Second hand market wise the alto is leading,but the Viva is building up its reputation,ample of spares are availabel.And about gound clearence there are many other cars with the same ground clearence,and as you are travelling out a more spacious car is needed,I guess the Viva will do the job,anyways I'm biased towards Perodua,so my straight forward answer would be the Viva,and are you sure thats the price for the Viva elite,and afterall its Japaneese parts used in the Viva,while its Indian in the Alto.Good Luck

Edited by CyRaX

id say, go for the viva, its a great car and looks WAY better than the K10

and mate.. are you sure about the price of a Elite, if i recall correctly its around 1.6Mil O.o

but the normal Viva is around 13.50

and mate.. are you sure about the price of a Elite, if i recall correctly its around 1.6Mil O.o

Yes machan, the Rs. 14.90 is for the Manual gear 1000 cc Viva Elite while the Automatic costs Rs.15.90..Thats what I was told when I inquired on the phone today

Yeah,the Elite's price tag should be more.That was what I was wondering about too. :unsure:

Yes machan, the Rs. 14.90 is for the Manual gear 1000 cc Viva Elite while the Automatic costs Rs.15.90..Thats what I was told when I inquired on the phone today..But as you guys say maybe I got it wrong as well..Maybe the person meant Perodua Viva 1000cc...not the elite..Are they different? If so then a choice between Perodua Viva 1000cc and Alto K10 vxi what would it be?

Edited by azhar

huh.. dint know that, one of my friend recently bought one and he said it cost him around 16.50 but

yeah, his one's a automatic.

mate if you could buy an Elite for that price, just go for it,

this car is known to be highly reliable and very fuel efficient as well.

i still would suggest the Viva, the only difference is its outer looks,

a car should be practical in day to day life..

its not a super car you buy.. so i say go for a viva mate. :)

and cyrax, yup it should be more mate.

huh.. dint know that, one of my friend recently bought one and he said it cost him around 16.50 but

yeah, his one's a automatic.

mate if you could buy an Elite for that price, just go for it,

this car is known to be highly reliable and very fuel efficient as well.

i still would suggest the Viva, the only difference is its outer looks,

a car should be practical in day to day life..

its not a super car you buy.. so i say go for a viva mate. :)

and cyrax, yup it should be more mate.

Oh ok thanks..Then probably he meant Viva 1000cc and not the Elite..Will find out the Elite price tomorrow if possible by walking into the showroom

Oh ok thanks..Then probably he meant Viva 1000cc and not the Elite..Will find out the Elite price tomorrow if possible by walking into the showroom

yup, find that out first mate.. and good luck :)

I got a viva elite ezi which they call the premium for 16.95 before the tax hike , at that time they had 850cc manual 12.95 1000cc manual 13.95 1000cc auto 14.95 1000cc premium 16.95 i am not sure whether there was a price increase since then

additionally you have to pay around 12000 for registration and around 30k for insurance.

It is a nice handy car , with very good driving position. even-though 1000cc engine it has a surprisingly good pick up

I got a viva elite ezi which they call the premium for 16.95 before the tax hike , at that time they had 850cc manual 12.95 1000cc manual 13.95 1000cc auto 14.95 1000cc premium 16.95 i am not sure whether there was a price increase since then

additionally you have to pay around 12000 for registration and around 30k for insurance.

It is a nice handy car , with very good driving position. even-though 1000cc engine it has a surprisingly good pick up

power to weight ratio mate ;) that's why it has a nice pickup :D

Most probably the guy referred to the 1000cc manual which was pre-tax hike 13.95 and now its 14.95. is this called VIVA without the elite? so most probably your car elite ezi might cost a little more than 100k more now. well its off my budget then....have to choose between viva 1000cc manual and k10 vxi i guess. recommendations please

Edited by azhar

I could be wrong,but when DD first got his kelisa on a track it was stock,as far as I could remember he smoked all the modified engines on his kelisa,it should be kinda same with the Viva too I guess.

Most probably the guy referred to the 1000cc manual which was pre-tax hike 13.95 and now its 14.95. is this called VIVA without the elite? so most probably your car elite ezi might cost a little more than 100k more now. well its off my budget then....have to choose between viva 1000cc manual and k10 vxi i guess. recommendations please

Its the standard Viva you could compare with the k10 I guess,because the Elite is far more better.Standard Viva for sure

Edited by CyRaX

I could be wrong,but when DD first got his kelisa on a track it was stock,as far as I could remember he smoked all the modified engines on his kelisa,it should be kinda same with the Viva too I guess.

Yeah DD beat 1050cc modifieds in a stock Kelisa 1000cc at watersedge few years back. (Only mods were Minilite replica wheel.Cosmetic mods included fully shaved head -That reduced drag n airflow instability action-smiley-060.gif)

Coming back to topic, I vote for Viva Elite.

MINIACE

Yeah DD beat 1050cc modifieds in a stock Kelisa 1000cc at watersedge few years back. (Only mods were Minilite replica wheel.Cosmetic mods included fully shaved head -That reduced drag n airflow instability action-smiley-060.gif)

Coming back to topic, I vote for Viva Elite.

MINIACE

He won the Drags at Katukurunda too, remember? Tho I thought that was a sub 1000cc class. :unsure:

My vote is Elite too.

Tho I must confess, I am extremely puzzled to see an intelligent hybrid sorta chappie here talking about Vivas. Not sure what to make of it. :blink:

He won the Drags at Katukurunda too, remember? Tho I thought that was a sub 1000cc class. :unsure:

Yeah thats was a good win too I completely forgot. At Watersedge DD made master drivers in highly modifed 1050s cryinglaugh.gif

MINIACE

The Viva Elite has 3 variations

1. Standard Manual
  2. Standard Auto
  3. Premium Auto

The last time I checked (abt 3 weeks ago) the price of the Standard Manual was 14.95 and Standard Auto was 15.95. Not sure about Premium auto price, but generally its about 200k more than the Standard Auto. The only additional stuff in the premium are ABS, Airbags, Rear spoiler and winker mirrors. While the premium is the better option from a safety standpoint whether the extra 200k it costs is worth it, is up to you.

A colleague has the Premium Auto, its a very good drive, and there's tons of leg room front and rear even for a fat bastard like me (I tested it by moving the front seat to my ideal position and then hopping in the rear, and my knees were fine). Plus its got plenty of go even with a load 4, although I probably contribute the weight of two individuals, so a load of 5 give or take.

My only qualm is how the rear doors' beading tends to make the door stick. When in close quarters, it makes opening the door carefully without knocking it on the wall/post/car next to it a chore. I thought it would become more supple with age, but the car is 2 months short of it's 1st birthday and the rear doors are still behave the same.

My only qualm is how the rear doors' beading tends to make the door stick. When in close quarters, it makes opening the door carefully without knocking it on the wall/post/car next to it a chore. I thought it would become more supple with age, but the car is 2 months short of it's 1st birthday and the rear doors are still behave the same.

Have to agree....had the same issue in my Viva as well...

The Viva Elite has 3 variations

1. Standard Manual
  2. Standard Auto
  3. Premium Auto

The last time I checked (abt 3 weeks ago) the price of the Standard Manual was 14.95 and Standard Auto was 15.95. Not sure about Premium auto price, but generally its about 200k more than the Standard Auto. The only additional stuff in the premium are ABS, Airbags, Rear spoiler and winker mirrors. While the premium is the better option from a safety standpoint whether the extra 200k it costs is worth it, is up to you.

Yes you are spot on my friend...I went to the showroom today and got the price list. As you said, Standard Manual costs 14.95, Standard Auto 15.95 and Premium Auto was 18.95.

Since my budget is around the 1.5mn mark I think I should go for the Standard Manual...BTW except the dark blue they have all other 5 colours. Now what should I select black or white? please tell me...

I also found the doors to be a little out of the ordinary...

Also worried whether second hard market will do well in say 5 years time when I plan to sell it...

Can someone comment on maintenance and repairs with the Elite..How prone is it? More comments on this car is most welcome

Also is Viva Elite better than the Micro Panda 1.3cc?

Edited by azhar

Yes you are spot on my friend...I went to the showroom today and got the price list. As you said, Standard Manual costs 14.95, Standard Auto 15.95 and Premium Auto was 18.95.

Since my budget is around the 1.5mn mark I think I should go for the Standard Manual...BTW except the dark blue they have all other 5 colours. Now what should I select black or white? please tell me...

Also worried whether second hard market will do well in say 5 years time when I plan to sell it...

Can someone comment on maintenance and repairs with the Elite..How prone is it? More comments on this car is most welcome

Well, I'm about to sell my Viva not because of any issues with it, but because I got the opportunity to upgrade to a bigger car.(Mods: Not trying to advertise on the forum, already found a buyer :D ) Used it for about 7 months without any issues. Had a Kelisa before this also bought from Un*mo and used it for 4 years and the only maintenance I had to do was the regular service and a tuneup after about 3 years, so getting 5 years out of the Viva should not be an issue. Just remembered that the front-left shutter stopped working within the first year on the Kelisa, took it to Un*mo and they confirmed it as an issue with the main power shutter control unit on the driver side door on that batch of Kelisa's, since the car was under warranty, they replaced it FOC.

Edited by leyland

before tax change the Viva Elite and Panda both were in same price range. But Viva Elite got few extra features. Therefore Elite would be best choice. Pandas better quality over Elite is ABS+EBD in standard model and safety rating. Elite ground clearance 14.5cm with body kit. Panda 12cm and 9cm when loaded. But Panda (1.2L, 84HP) more powerful than Elte(1L, around 60HP if i remember correct). Therefore Elite is more fuel efficient (around 12km/l) than Panda (8km/l). Also Panda parts are still rare and customer service not good (red on a blog or a forum about Panda Sri Lanka. you will get more info if you google about it). Elite most parts are made by Denso Company and Toyota parts as per Unimo. Panda looks better than Elite. Panda more cheaper than Elite.

Final decision is yours...

I went for the Elite and still waiting for it for nearly 2 months. angry-smiley-048.gif

Panda: http://www.youtube.c...y+panda+lc&aq=f

Elite: http://www.youtube.c...viva+elite&aq=f

PS: I think White is better than Black. Both looks grate with chrome body parts. White reflects the light and Black absorbs the light. Therefore inner temperature may less in White than Black when you not using AC (eg: when parkingcool.gif). Scratches, dents are more visible in Black. Also dust and mud marks less visible in White....

Edited by Nirosha