• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pls Read - Extreamly Important For All Vehicle Owners

DVT

Well I was dying for a pump yesterday after holding it for so long, so went to Laugfs Havelock Road. First I pumped a little into a small bottle (a bit embarrassing as other fellows were looking and were wondering what I was doing). It was yellow (as expected) and was very clear, so I relaxed and pumped as much as I could and....it felt good I must say. After putting that seriously good pump, everything is running smoothly still.

:rolleyes:

Edited by ShintaroX

I see..... well, thanks for sharing .... :lol:

"pumped a little into a small bottle (a bit embarrassing as other fellows were looking and were wondering what I was doing). It was yellow (as expected) and was very clear, so I relaxed and pumped as much as I could and....it felt good I must say. After putting that seriously good pump, everything is running smoothly still"

:)

Loving it :)

Well I was dying for a pump yesterday after holding it for so long, so went to Laugfs Havelock Road. First I pumped a little into a small bottle (a bit embarrassing as other fellows were looking and were wondering what I was doing). It was yellow (as expected) and was very clear, so I relaxed and pumped as much as I could and....it felt good I must say. After putting that seriously good pump, everything is running smoothly still.

yea. it looks odd (seems like a testing guy..laugh.gif). but it informative for onlookers too where it doesn't do by everyone...

Edited by Nirosha

:lol: :lol: hey ShintaroX dont hold pump dude it's not advisable to do it :P

if you've been holding on to it for a long time, it will be yellow; if you drink a lot of water and go regularly, it will be colourless :P

"pumped a little into a small bottle (a bit embarrassing as other fellows were looking and were wondering what I was doing). It was yellow (as expected) and was very clear, so I relaxed and pumped as much as I could and....it felt good I must say. After putting that seriously good pump, everything is running smoothly still"

:)

Loving it :)

Hahaa :lol:, "seriously good pump"

guys do we have an update on this? is it safe to pump from ceypetco now? can i go back to pumping 90, as i am needlessly pumping 95 thesedays....

Me too here. i think now the issue is ok. but for the safe side am going ahead with 95 for these couple of days.

guys do we have an update on this? is it safe to pump from ceypetco now? can i go back to pumping 90, as i am needlessly pumping 95 thesedays....

Yesterday i talked with a guy at the fuel shed at Kiribathgoda. He said that they never returned the bad fuel. Only refiled with the new fuel. So we are getting bad fuel + good fuel now. He said that they have not received any complaint so far. So be aware :ninja:

Edited by Dinuk
  • Like 1

Yesterday i talked with a guy at the fuel shed at Kiribathgoda. He said that they never returned the bad fuel. Only refiled with the new fuel. So we are getting bad fuel + good fuel now. He said that they have not received any complaint so far. So be aware :ninja:

guys i was under the impression that old cars with carbs were not that much effected until yesterday my car stalled. can this happen.my lancer station wagon 1979 stalled 3 times, it starts then goes for about 300m then again stalls.......can this be becuase the fuel pump is failing......my mechanical fuel pump i cancelled and i have fitted an electronic pump, i can here the sound when i switch on the ignition, :(

valuable advice needed..

guys i was under the impression that old cars with carbs were not that much effected until yesterday my car stalled. can this happen.my lancer station wagon 1979 stalled 3 times, it starts then goes for about 300m then again stalls.......can this be becuase the fuel pump is failing......my mechanical fuel pump i cancelled and i have fitted an electronic pump, i can here the sound when i switch on the ignition, :(

valuable advice needed..

Carburetors can be affected as some bikes too were among the victims. Fuel pump in old cars driven mechanically and rock solid than the electric ones. Thats why the belief was such that old cars will survive.

Two things, get a sample out of the tank and check whether it's contaminated. If so, get the carb cleaned and serviced plus the fuel pump. They say if you operate the troubled pump with 95 or good 90 petrol or thinner for sometime, chances are there the pump will come back to life. Give it a shot if you suspect the pump.

valuable advice needed..

are you sure your problem is with the petrol? Considering the fact that you had some major repairs done recently the problem could be related to them.

valuable advice needed..

Well, I guess the electronic fuel pumps which are usually located within the fuel pumps seem to get affected more. But it's not only the fuel pumps that got affected but injectors, fuel filters etc. It could be that the petrol injector has got blocked or the fuel filter has got blocked with sediment from the contaminated fuel.

But if you've got an electronic fuel pump well it could be the fuel pump ..... (usually EFI cars came with electronic fuel pumps)

are you sure your problem is with the petrol? Considering the fact that you had some major repairs done recently the problem could be related to them.

Don you have an excellent memory........ :D yes as you stated i did replace the head gasket 3m back but it has got nothing to with the fuel system.i did not touch the card. thanks for the info anyway.... i removed the fuel line from the pump to the carb and then switched on the ignition there was some delay in the petrol flow to come out from the open end...but when it did it was o oozing....i have no idea if this the problem....normally if we supply current to a good pump should it immediately start to pump petrol or is there some gauge inbuilt which detects the carb vacuum and then pumps accordingly....any experience anyone.

Carburetors can be affected as some bikes too were among the victims. Fuel pump in old cars driven mechanically and rock solid than the electric ones. Thats why the belief was such that old cars will survive.

Two things, get a sample out of the tank and check whether it's contaminated. If so, get the carb cleaned and serviced plus the fuel pump. They say if you operate the troubled pump with 95 or good 90 petrol or thinner for sometime, chances are there the pump will come back to life. Give it a shot if you suspect the pump.

happy bday harshana.....first of all.... :P

my one originally had a mechanical pump but now it has got an electronic pump fixed by the side and the old one cancelled.with regard to thinner how can we use it to clean the system you mean add it to petrol....!!!!!i might replace the fuel filter....so worth trying this stunt...

Edited by rameez

any idea how to check i took a sample by the way but and kept it in a bottle but no floating particles or extreme discoloring....just a slight yellow color.....do you mean i should dip a few drops into a tissue and then see the sediments....???

happy bday harshana.....first of all.... :P

my one originally had a mechanical pump but now it has got an electronic pump fixed by the side and the old one cancelled.with regard to thinner how can we use it to clean the system you mean add it to petrol....!!!!!i might replace the fuel filter....so worth trying this stunt...

Using thinner means, take a bottle of thinner and run the tubes (feed and return) from that bottle. Do not mix thinner or anything with fuel in the tank. You should first disconnect the tubing between tank and your electric pump.

However this cleaning should be done if you're sure that the pump is affected as a last attempt to revive it. May be you can get a test pump to determine whether the issue is with the pump or the carb.

Take the tube goes out of the pump and disconnect it from the carb end and switch on ignition. Pump will start pumping petrol out of the tank. Collect about half a bottle and let it settle. You should be able to see a water layer forming if petrol is of bad quality.

Edited by harshansenadhir