• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pls Read - Extreamly Important For All Vehicle Owners

DVT

Why not... at the moment i am staying in Nigeria... and its a nice place... not much greenery though... and they have enough fuel... almost all the commercial buildings get power from Generators...

and Jet fuel mix with gas oil... i really do not know what he meant to say there :huh:

What do you do for living there??

Is it confirmed that diesel is not effected,

If so i could use my diesel vehicle and keep aside the petrol car,

Sadly my vehicles are out of fuel these days :(

Plus is xtra premium imported from india or additives added to normal fuel so is it safe

Edited by toyota sucks

What I've got to say is ''Lokko pereta,api waleta''

+5 , Lokko noyai 90 petrol valin . Igila Yati ,on Supreme plus by countrymen's vote.

Where are the 'Consumer Security Authority' officials? If this was due to a private supplier they act. One country , different acts of Law and Order.

Who pays for these damages ???.

Edited by Rohnd
  • Like 1

Hi guys, probably a dumb question, but would it help if one were to ask for a liter of petrol into a clear bottle first ? I mean would we be able to distinguish the bad stuff that way?

Yes I think so. Because there were some pictures online that can identify some brownish substance mixed.

BTW, are they still distributing this stock or have they stopped?

Hi,

Today i pumped 32Liters of 90 oct Petrol to my AE 110 Sprinter from Pelawatta IOC (That time my tank was almost near to empty) and drive about 5Km so far and no problems yet. They had no fuel yesterday evening and the pump guy said that this is a new load unloaded yesterday night, and according to him so far no complaints.

I pumped petrol from IOC Filling station, Wijerama on last Monday. drove about nearly 20 km. now it has been stucked.

Very unfortunately few IOC stations are effected. IOC stations are not supposed to do purchases with Ceypetco and those affected stations are IOC rogue dealers into underground double dealings.

Refer my advises page 5 ,post #100.Thats the only avenue of escape.

MINIACE

I pumped petrol from IOC Filling station, Wijerama on last Monday. drove about nearly 20 km. now it has been stucked.

Mate everyone could see your posts,so you dont need to say the same thing to each person.And if you want to say the samething to different people you could use the multi post option

+5 , Lokko noyai 90 petrol valin . Igila Yai ,on Supreme plus by stupid men's/women's vote.

Who pays for these damages ?

They will fill there pockets,and pay the compensation from the poor tax payers pockets.

Not sure if this was mentioned before, but I'll say again just to make sure. When u pump this petrol which is not petrol, some vehicles may die straight away. But some do not. Like mine it will work fine all day no problems what so ever. I did about 40km's after refueling, the problem occurred when I parked for the night and tried to start er up the next morning. I got nothing, not even a cough. Checked the fuel lines and guess what no fuel is coming through, the pump has got clogged up. My guess is.. ahh what the hell, I'm not guessing anything, all I can say is make sure U pump in the good stuff.

Not sure if this was mentioned before, but I'll say again just to make sure. When u pump this petrol which is not petrol, some vehicles may die straight away. But some do not. Like mine it will work fine all day no problems what so ever. I did about 40km's after refueling, the problem occurred when I parked for the night and tried to start er up the next morning. I got nothing, not even a cough. Checked the fuel lines and guess what no fuel is coming through, the pump has got clogged up. My guess is.. ahh what the hell, I'm not guessing anything, all I can say is make sure U pump in the good stuff.

Spoke to many victims and nearly half of them drove home without any occurrence and the snag emerged only after re-start.Reasons yet unknown and could be temp related or motion.

MINIACE

Very unfortunately few IOC stations are effected. IOC stations are not supposed to do purchases with Ceypetco and those affected stations are IOC rogue dealers into underground double dealings.

Refer my advises page 5 ,post #100.Thats the only avenue of escape.

MINIACE

As I heard 90 petrol they(IOC)get from CPC, However 93 and Premium they import from India.

As I heard 90 petrol they(IOC)get from CPC, However 93 and Premium they import from India.

IOC Stations cant purchase from Ceypetco vendors.They have to buy from IOC network.Of course part of IOC 90 (not all) are locally purchased from Ceypetco after serious scrutiny process i head.

MINIACE

My car is Bluebird Sylphy 2001 model and now has been stucked due to this Fake petrol. please let me know which parts of the vehicle should have to clean?

Most probably the fuel pump will be affected..check on that..yesterday one of my friend had filled from IOC kurunegala and his Prius got stuck while he was making a turning on a roundabout..I don't know now where to fill :angry-smiley-024:

Edited by AbeysinghE

Consumer who faced problems with their vehicles due to use of substandard petrol are requested to complaint

5664941,5666328,5665082-

Petrolium Minister

MINIACE

Just curious, what would exactly happen if you complain? Will they compensate you or is this one of those B.S. things they have to do to show us they care about consumers?

Just curious, what would exactly happen if you complain? Will they compensate you or is this one of those B.S. things they have to do to show us they care about consumers?

Guess thats only a complaint line. Just to make the victims happy (temporary) action-smiley-060.gif and to silence the opposition politicians.In a weeks time we all will forget about this. SL land like no other ne.

MINIACE

• Like 1

Guess thats only a complaint line. Just to make the victims happy (temporary) action-smiley-060.gif and to silence the opposition politicians.In a weeks time we all will forget about this. SL land like no other ne.

MINIACE

Well I was just watching the news and the minister said they will work on some compensation once the cause is identified or something. I just don't see that happening because most people would not have a reciept for the fuel and they would not be able to prove that the fault is 100% due to bad fuel. The whole compensation thing is a joke. I think the bigger joke is that they are still trying to pass the blame onto indivdual gas stations though....

As you said...lets give it a week.

Consumer who faced problems with their vehicles due to use of substandard petrol are requested to complaint

5664941,5666328,5665082-

Petrolium Minister

MINIACE

These numbers are eternally engaged. My neighbour's both vehicles got stuck yesterday.

These numbers are eternally engaged. My neighbour's both vehicles got stuck yesterday.

Watch the Morning News bulletin in Derana news. they mentioned that they have evidence (Videos) that Shed owners returning substandard fuel to Ceypetco (Newly receiving stock). still that gullible Minister saying there's nothing wrong with fuel they have distributed :action-smiley-060:

Edited by Ruslan
  • Like 1