• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tyre Prices

NishanthaR

There is a company marketing Avon tyres, and most of the sizes are made in China while they have some British made tyres as well. Since the brand is being introduced to the market the prices are quite reasonable. Now I have no idea how they will wear down etc but they are a solid brand in Britain and OEM equipment in most British marques. Unfortunately they do not have the size I need (195/55 R15) The closest they had was 205/65 R15

I phoned Benedictsons and they do have some stock of MA-Z1 which now looks as the only reasonably priced performance tyre on the market. I haven't tried Malay street. SK Munsinghe does not have SP Sport MAXX in my size and even if they did they would be above 20K a piece. They do have a SP LM703s for 13900 but the reviews for that isn't the best and that version is made in Indonesia.

one stone fk to my Goodyear. only did 45,000km. today i am looking to buy pair of tyres. planning to find Goodyear, Maxis, Kumho or cooper

Seems like the good years are pretty weak on the side wall.

I have Rubbed many rocks in my Falkons but nothing damaged it.

The extreme conditions even have teared the embossed letters off but the tiers are still standing.

finally got quot like this

185/70/R14

GT 9,250/-

Bridgeston 10,500/-

Michalin 15,500/-

Gold Line Tyre Centre Dehiwala

Good year 9,800/-

Falkon 11,500/-

The Tyre Team - Kohuwala

Maxis 9,600/-

Ravindra - Dehiwala

Edited by Nilantha

185/70/R14

GT 9,250/-

Bridgeston 10,500/-

Michalin 15,500/-

Good year 9,800/-

Falkon 11,500/-

The Tyre Team - Kohuwala

Maxis 9,600/-

Ravindra - Dehiwala

mate, go with 195/65/14. that's the standard size for a 96-98 noah 2wd.

185/70/R14

GT 9,250/-

Bridgeston 10,500/-

Michalin 15,500/-

Good year 9,800/-

Falkon 11,500/-

The Tyre Team - Kohuwala

Maxis 9,600/-

Ravindra - Dehiwala

Did you get country of manufacture as well? Also I think the Noah has enough ride height to work well with a 65 profile. 70 is unnecessary.

Did you get country of manufacture as well? Also I think the Noah has enough ride height to work well with a 65 profile. 70 is unnecessary.

Bridgeston is Made in Thailand, all others are Made in Indonesia

Edited by Nilantha

again prices...

185/70/R14

GT Champiro Echo - 8700/-

Maxxis - 9100/-

Maxxis white letters 10200/-

Dunlop indunesia - 10500/-

Paramount Traders

Colombo 14

Goodyear Duraplus 9800/-

GT 195/70/14 - 11600/-

Falkan 185/70/14 Japan - 14,000/-

Prince Tyre service

Colombo 14

Dunlop Indunesia - 10,100/-

Bridgeston - 10,000/-

Toyo Tyre service

colombo 14

Ajith Tyre Traders,

194, Sri Sangaraja Mawatha,

Colombo 10.

finally i put Goodyear for 9800/-

Edited by Nilantha
  • Like 1

again prices...

185/70/R14

GT Champiro Echo - 8700/-

Maxxis - 9100/-

Maxxis white letters 10200/-

Dunlop indunesia - 10500/-

Paramount Traders

Colombo 14

Goodyear Duraplus 9800/-

GT 195/70/14 - 11600/-

Falkan 185/70/14 Japan - 14,000/-

Prince Tyre service

Colombo 14

Dunlop Indunesia - 10,100/-

Bridgeston - 10,000/-

Toyo Tyre service

colombo 14

finally i put Goodyear for 9800/-

Nilantha, did you visit these places or did you call them and inquire? If so do you have the number?

Do these guys import these tyres themselves or are simply dealers who buy from the whole sellers?

Nilantha, did you visit these places or did you call them and inquire? If so do you have the number?

Do these guys import these tyres themselves or are simply dealers who buy from the whole sellers?

yes i visited. i don't know whether they import tyre. i have phone numbers, later i will give you.

yes i visited. i don't know whether they import tyre. i have phone numbers, later i will give you.

Thanks Nilantha. I noticed you got the same price on the Goodyears from a place in Kohuwala as well. I assume they must both be dealers and offered the same discount.

no one give you Goodyear below 10,000/- only gave me this dehiwala Tyre team (4201201). Colombo 14 guy also gave me 10,000/- but i ask for 9800/- so he gave me. one place i could find old model GT (classiro) (i hate this tyre) 185/70 R14 for 8350/- here is the number 0777895149he is in blumendal

Edited by Nilantha

I finally got my tyres. After much contemplation and procrastination I finally settled on a set of Maxxis MA-Z1 Victra 195/55 R15. The rationale was that it was the only genuinely performance tyre available in the size I needed it in. The only other contenders were the Falken ZE912 and the Dunlop LM703 (which is esentially Le Mans but they now sell as SP Sport and the original SP Sport as SP Sport MAXX) which were 1500 more expensive and both Made in Thailand. I got the Maxxis at 12400 a piece from Samarasinghe Wheel Alignment Gansaba junction. The tyres look pretty good and certainly are more comfortable than the Falkan ZE 326 (Made in Japan) they replaced even with the lower profile. I don't expect them to last as long but then again my car doesn't do a lot of miles per year. I also like how they extend over the rims to provide protection to the rims from kerbing.

Due to the delay in getting the tyres down they offered me free wheel alignment.

My journey was not without drama as I made a serious mistake. The stud profile on my new wheels were 114.5 while my hubs had 100 profile studs. BIG PROBLEM and because they came off a Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Racing edition I did not even bother checking as I assumed the cars had the same stud profile. BIG MISTAKE. By which point the tyres were on the wheels and even balanced and could not be returned. I had started to panic on the advice of a friend went to Amila tyres house in the hope they might be able to offer a solution. I did not want to drill through the rims as they are pretty good ones and I was hoping for an adapter or something. They took my new OZ Racing (made by Enkei) rims and the existing 14 inch rims in and swapped them for a set of OZ Racing (made in Italy) alloys. Since the old 14" rims were pretty old and one even had some damage to them and considering my situation (caused by my own idiocacy) I was happy with the solution. The new rims look pretty good and they even gave me the tyres from the old rims back which I donated to the other car owned by the family.

And so concluded a very eventful day :) Thanks everyone for their help especially the guys who found a hidden gem in the form of MA-Z1

• Like 1

I finally got my tyres. After much contemplation and procrastination I finally settled on a set of Maxxis MA-Z1 Victra 195/55 R15. The rationale was that it was the only genuinely performance tyre available in the size I needed it in. The only other contenders were the Falken ZE912 and the Dunlop LM703 (which is esentially Le Mans but they now sell as SP Sport and the original SP Sport as SP Sport MAXX) which were 1500 more expensive and both Made in Thailand. I got the Maxxis at 12400 a piece from Samarasinghe Wheel Alignment Gansaba junction. The tyres look pretty good and certainly are more comfortable than the Falkan ZE 326 (Made in Japan) they replaced even with the lower profile. I don't expect them to last as long but then again my car doesn't do a lot of miles per year. I also like how they extend over the rims to provide protection to the rims from kerbing. Due to the delay in getting the tyres down they offered me free wheel alignment. My journey was not without drama as I made a serious mistake. The stud profile on my new wheels were 114.5 while my hubs had 100 profile studs. BIG PROBLEM and because they came off a Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Racing edition I did not even bother checking as I assumed the cars had the same stud profile. BIG MISTAKE. By which point the tyres were on the wheels and even balanced and could not be returned. I had started to panic on the advice of a friend went to Amila tyres house in the hope they might be able to offer a solution. I did not want to drill through the rims as they are pretty good ones and I was hoping for an adapter or something. They took my new OZ Racing (made by Enkei) rims and the existing 14 inch rims in and swapped them for a set of OZ Racing (made in Italy) alloys. Since the old 14" rims were pretty old and one even had some damage to them and considering my situation (caused by my own idiocacy) I was happy with the solution. The new rims look pretty good and they even gave me the tyres from the old rims back which I donated to the other car owned by the family. And so concluded a very eventful day :) Thanks everyone for their help especially the guys who found a hidden gem in the form of MA-Z1

Yes machan, its a real gem compared to the price tag and other benifits. I dont think thread wear is much of an issue in Maxxis.Ive reached 1000km, but still good as new.Only negative side may be the road noise, but its far less than my ex Gt and acilles. Ive never used high end performance radials to compare,so you can add input on that aspect!

Yes machan, its a real gem compared to the price tag and other benifits. I dont think thread wear is much of an issue in Maxxis.Ive reached 1000km, but still good as new.Only negative side may be the road noise, but its far less than my ex Gt and acilles. Ive never used high end performance radials to compare,so you can add input on that aspect!

Well its quieter than my Falkens. Having said that road noise does not bother me that much. What I enjoy is being able to corner at speed without tyre squeel. My old SP Sports used to give me that but alas they wore out.

The new Falkens and Dunlops were both offered with 40,000 KM warranties and I think Goodyear offers the same. Maxxis unfortunately didn't come with one. So 1000km is nothing for a tyre. I think we should see how they are like around the 20-30k mark if they last that long because spirited driving does have a detrimental effect on tyres.

Well its quieter than my Falkens. Having said that road noise does not bother me that much. What I enjoy is being able to corner at speed without tyre squeel. My old SP Sports used to give me that but alas they wore out.

The new Falkens and Dunlops were both offered with 40,000 KM warranties and I think Goodyear offers the same. Maxxis unfortunately didn't come with one. So 1000km is nothing for a tyre. I think we should see how they are like around the 20-30k mark if they last that long because spirited driving does have a detrimental effect on tyres.

Of course mate, 1000km is nothing for a tyre. :) I went through few online reveiws before purchasing and some are complaining about road noise,not the thread wear. As you said road noise is not much of an issue for me either. So we have to wait and see how Ma Z1 handles SL roads!

howmany KM have you used Achills and GT?