• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Quick Trivia 3

Watchman

On 4/26/2023 at 9:12 PM, Gummybr said:

Okay since there are no takers this is a Ideal Moksha

since we all know it and the Question creator has all but verified maybe we can move on and you can post the next one Gummybr

1 hour ago, matroska said:

since we all know it and the Question creator has all but verified maybe we can move on and you can post the next one Gummybr

Ok goes, in my small days I hated that this make was older than my favourite make just going by the registration numbers.

Triv1.jpg

On 4/28/2023 at 11:26 AM, Gummybr said:

Ok goes, in my small days I hated that this make was older than my favourite make just going by the registration numbers.

Triv1.jpg

I'm looking at this wing and thinking Ford...am I on the right track here?

2 hours ago, matroska said:

I'm looking at this wing and thinking Ford...am I on the right track here?

I would say way out. A small clue, one particular sub model of this model was this manufacturers first rally car. And it galloped to a fourth place finish in 1967.😁

Edited by Gummybr

57 minutes ago, Gummybr said:

I would say way out. A small clue, one particular sub model of this model was this manufacturers first rally car. And it galloped to a fourth place finish in 1967.😁

Ah rats! Why was I looking for a sedan here  - it was a colt!! 

57 minutes ago, matroska said:

Ah rats! Why was I looking for a sedan here  - it was a colt!! 

Thats correct the 1st gen Colt it is. Not sure what engines were available in Sri Lanka.

The Rally versions were the 1100F (2 door) what rally history for them

Triv.jpg

Ok I assume this is correct so let's keep the thread rolling I'm going to try something else here. I'm not sure if the rules are against it but let's give it a shot for the sake of diversity. 

Sri Lankan's 'modify' some cars to the point they're unrecognizable. Try to figure out what this car is 

image.png.6a7101d9100a51f5e916614d656d4c60.png

Edited by matroska

17 minutes ago, matroska said:

Ok I assume this is correct so let's keep the thread rolling I'm going to try something else here. I'm not sure if the rules are against it but let's give it a shot for the sake of diversity. 

Sri Lankan's 'modify' some cars to the point they're unrecognizable. Try to figure out what this car is 

image.png.6a7101d9100a51f5e916614d656d4c60.png

Not so STELLAR performance by our local modification jokeys done here. Question is why do you make a lovely big car into this.

2 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Not so STELLAR performance by our local modification jokeys done here. Question is why do you make a lovely big car into this.

it's sad - probably since these are quite cheap someone who had the inspiration to reduce a nice car into a pettah plastic toy bought this and destroyed it.  When I was about 7, i accompanied with my dad to inspect one of these to buy - a nice dark blue variant in topping condition it looked a lot more comfy than the AE80 we had I have a soft spot for these ever since. 

11 minutes ago, matroska said:

it's sad - probably since these are quite cheap someone who had the inspiration to reduce a nice car into a pettah plastic toy bought this and destroyed it.  When I was about 7, i accompanied with my dad to inspect one of these to buy - a nice dark blue variant in topping condition it looked a lot more comfy than the AE80 we had I have a soft spot for these ever since. 

A guy from my neighbourhood had one till about 5-6 years ago, he was the first owner and had done less than 80,000kms. Had those lovely white seat covers and all, when he was selling he was quoting a very high price probably got the price as well. Guy still has a one owner Serena again very low mileage. 

Just now, Gummybr said:

A guy from my neighbourhood had one till about 5-6 years ago, he was the first owner and had done less than 80,000kms. Had those lovely white seat covers and all, when he was selling he was quoting a very high price probably got the price as well. Guy still has a one owner Serena again very low mileage. 

BTW if you type the model and modified Sri Lanka you will find the same car in black in google images.

On 5/8/2023 at 11:15 AM, Gummybr said:

This should be interesting "signs" of things from the people who pioneered the mass production.

Triv.jpg

I'd have gone with ford fairlane first but then it doesn't look like this so maybe Ford Galaxie? But that mirror is a little off putting I thought they had mirrors on the door itself. 

3 minutes ago, matroska said:

I'd have gone with ford fairlane first but then it doesn't look like this so maybe Ford Galaxie? But that mirror is a little off putting I thought they had mirrors on the door itself. 

Looks like a toy at first glance ne. You are on the right path but I would say this is smaller than the models you mentioned. This example is the more luxury type of this model which got a different name. The lower model had only single headlamps.

On 5/9/2023 at 4:13 PM, Gummybr said:

Looks like a toy at first glance ne. You are on the right path but I would say this is smaller than the models you mentioned. This example is the more luxury type of this model which got a different name. The lower model had only single headlamps.

Then it's a Zephyr - the variant in the pic would be the Zodiac 

image.png.b81b365e95d06f2895037190d272c14d.png

image.png.fc3b9213a29676da726e3fc1544b369d.png

I'd completely forgotten the zodiac - with its headlamp setup. As for the zephyr - it's kind of identifiable with it's unique grille. I actually saw this first in Tintin and it kind of got etched in memory - while my dad identified most of the quite accurately drawn cars in Tintin - he could not identify this. Was one of the first things i googled once I got an internet connection. 

image.thumb.png.e3a70ffb9c8cd0804628f73738606e79.png