• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer Box Carburetter

fatjoe

Question

Hi Guys,

I've been bothering AL members asking for all kinds of Q's about dis old Lancer box. I'm back after about 1 1/2yrs and lyfe changing (lyfe threatting) experince. ma Restoration project got stuck for dat perod. I'm trying to make ma LB roadworthy again. Almost complete. Ma issue is, me and ma uncle ws looking 4 a carburetter for the Lancer Box. tried Panchikawwatta, Delkanda and some other places but No Luck. Appreciate if you guys let me know any place I can look for or any other solution like coupling.

Thanks

6 answers to this question

Hi Guys,

I've been bothering AL members asking for all kinds of Q's about dis old Lancer box. I'm back after about 1 1/2yrs and lyfe changing (lyfe threatting) experince. ma Restoration project got stuck for dat perod. I'm trying to make ma LB roadworthy again. Almost complete. Ma issue is, me and ma uncle ws looking 4 a carburetter for the Lancer Box. tried Panchikawwatta, Delkanda and some other places but No Luck. Appreciate if you guys let me know any place I can look for or any other solution like coupling.

Thanks

Did you try seaarching in BMC watte in panchikawatte? Carb from old lancer models which had Orion engine should go with this.

Did you try seaarching in BMC watte in panchikawatte? Carb from old lancer models which had Orion engine should go with this.

TnX mate.I'll go there and take a look at it again. So Orion is da engine I should look for rite? I mean da Carb. I know this is a very lame question, but how do u exactly find da engine type model and etc? where do I look for?

Edited by fatjoe

TnX mate.I'll go there and take a look at it again. So Orion is da engine I should look for rite? I mean da Carb. I know this is a very lame question, but how do u exactly find da engine type model and etc? where do I look for?

Isnt there a mechanic who's doing this job? Orion engine is shared among lancer models and used across few (two?) generations hence there's a chance it will suit your car's engine and not that I'm 100% sure that your car too has an Orion engine. Simply, if you take the carb off, and show it to those spare parts fellas in watte, they will find a match for you.

Edited by harshansenadhir

welcome back to Autolanka

if im not mistaken all Lancer Box's of upto 1400 CC came with Orion engine while the 1600 ,and 1800 cc had some with saturn engines .

would be great if you post a pic of your Box model car

the 'Watte' is bound to have the carb

Isnt there a mechanic who's doing this job? Orion engine is shared among lancer models and used across few (two?) generations hence there's a chance it will suit your car's engine and not that I'm 100% sure that your car too has an Orion engine. Simply, if you take the carb off, and show it to those spare parts fellas in watte, they will find a match for you.

you can also call ceymo motors who have stuff for the lancer station wagon i use.....this has a saturn engine....they have all the stuff and if not they will find you one. I will give you another contact...please PM me for the details.

Harshan mate, I'm sick of most of dese mechanics. Believe me I put ma car which was running without ne problem for tinkering and painting and some minor repairs more than 1 1/2 yrs ago. Still sis thing is at ma garage. So b4 I go to a garage tot getting armed with some info.

Carboy2011,

Tnx for da info. I had a collection of da restoration project. But for ma GOOD LUCK ma hard drive crashed and lost all dose pics. I'll try and post a new one.

Rameez,

Tnx a lot I Pm you.