• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Cr42, Toyota Allion240 Or Toyota Corolla 121

kevin1462

4 members have voted

1. 1. Toyota cr42, toyota Allion240 or toyota corolla 121

• 2002 cr42 abt170,000kms
    • 2002 allion 240 abt 60 000 kms
    • 2002 toyota 121 diesel abt 170 000 kms
    • 2002 toyota 121 gasoline abt 60 000kms

Dear Auto Lanka members!

My dad recently applied for a foreign employers permit so we sold our current vehicle in a hurry with a huge loss as they said the permit is issued in a week. Anyhow the procedure is been delayed and it will take another two months. To cover up the loss we had to face I thought of bringing down a vehicle with a good resale value. I can import the above mentioned vehicle as I'm allowed to import a vehicle not older than 10 years(correct me if I'm wrong) Please tell me the market values of these vehicles and the other details. My importer said 2002 CR 42 has about 170,000 kms in the clock. other vehicles are under 60k except 121 diesel. According to facts I found out by talking to few people in our area 2002 cr42 with 4doors flat roof and manual gear is the best choice. Is it correct? Any other suggestions? My maximum budget is 16 laks Experts please help me. Thank you!

Dhananjaya

Dear Auto Lanka members!

My dad recently applied for a foreign employers permit so we sold our current vehicle in a hurry with a huge loss as they said the permit is issued in a week. Anyhow the procedure is been delayed and it will take another two months. To cover up the loss we had to face I thought of bringing down a vehicle with a good resale value. I can import the above mentioned vehicle as I'm allowed to import a vehicle not older than 10 years(correct me if I'm wrong) Please tell me the market values of these vehicles and the other details. My importer said 2002 CR 42 has about 170,000 kms in the clock. other vehicles are under 60k except 121 diesel. According to facts I found out by talking to few people in our area 2002 cr42 with 4doors flat roof and manual gear is the best choice. Is it correct? Any other suggestions? My maximum budget is 16 laks Experts please help me. Thank you!

Dhananjaya

ur all the Q s are so confusing bro,, wt u wanna know exactly ? the current SL prices of the above mentioned vehicles or permit price r what ??

Dear Auto Lanka members!

Dhananjaya

A CR42 with 170,000km is not gonna be that healthy, try to get one below 100,000kms

yeah a 4 door/ flat has the highest "market" , it all depends on your requirements afterall

Depends again on your usage, petrol to diesel, ride comfort, utility, space etc,

If its a car i'd take the allion.

As for prices i'm not so sure, i'm sure someone will help you out.. Also take a look at the adverts page, you can get an idea

Edited by tiv

i wil also go for the Allion, if your importing an Allion make sure you import the G package which comes with beige interior, full wood interior and other fancy options or why dont you go for a Premio?

Are you that indecisive that you can't decide between a car and a van. First of all, decide which vehicle would fit your needs. We can have half the people here say for for a cr42 and the other half say go for an allion. The fact is the vehicle is supposed to fill your needs.

And what's this about "experts" saying get the van so he can rent it out to the "tourist sector?" Is it suddenly a new fashion where people buy vehicles that they can use it in the "tourism sector," just in case? Is the tourism industry the only use for a van?

Thank you for your valuable opinions. My father's previous vehicle was a hilux vigo and we sold it for 25.75K. There's another thing that I would like to know. My auto importer told me that he can bring down a good cr42 with 100% body condition and then an engine overall should be done here. Is it a good idea? I'm so confused right now. It's true that the Toyota alion is a good car but in my case I use the vehicle than my father so my fuel budget is very low. That's why I prefer a diesel. But I have never used a van before as our previous vehicles are all gasoline cars and diesel cabs with low mileages. I've never have used a vehicle with a repaired engine.

im pretty sure, its going to be hard for you to bring those vehicles for 1.6M dont forget, thats just the cost of the car, you have to clear everything once it here, then register and shipping cost. i dont think it would be feasible.

According to my Importer the CIF value of a 2002 cr42 is about 6.5Laks in Sri Lankan rupees that includes shipping and handling charges. And the tax for the vehicle is 6laks as it's 9 years old. All together 1.25M. Please correct this if this is wrong.

According to my Importer the CIF value of a 2002 cr42 is about 6.5Laks in Sri Lankan rupees that includes shipping and handling charges. And the tax for the vehicle is 6laks as it's 9 years old. All together 1.25M. Please correct this if this is wrong.

not an expert in this field but, that figures doesn't seem right

Are you that indecisive that you can't decide between a car and a van. First of all, decide which vehicle would fit your needs. We can have half the people here say for for a cr42 and the other half say go for an allion. The fact is the vehicle is supposed to fill your needs.

And what's this about "experts" saying get the van so he can rent it out to the "tourist sector?" Is it suddenly a new fashion where people buy vehicles that they can use it in the "tourism sector," just in case? Is the tourism industry the only use for a van?

I might be wrong then

Thank you for your valuable opinions. My father's previous vehicle was a hilux vigo and we sold it for 25.75K. There's another thing that I would like to know. My auto importer told me that he can bring down a good cr42 with 100% body condition and then an engine overall should be done here. Is it a good idea? I'm so confused right now. It's true that the Toyota alion is a good car but in my case I use the vehicle than my father so my fuel budget is very low. That's why I prefer a diesel. But I have never used a van before as our previous vehicles are all gasoline cars and diesel cabs with low mileages. I've never have used a vehicle with a repaired engine.

i presume the vigo was a 2wd is it? single or smart cab?

Engine overhauls are fine, but why for vehicle you just imported? try to get something newer and usable.. besides the engine won't be the only thing that'll need attention,