• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fb 15 Engine Oil Leak

sadamal

Hi all

When I park the car after having some long distance journey, I could see some oil(Engine Oil) drops on the floor. I am new to this subject and recently bought the car.

Could any one kindly give me some idea about this issue ?

What could be the reason for this ?

How can it be fixed ?

What is the best place to get fixed this issue ( around Colombo ) ?

Hi all

When I park the car after having some long distance journey, I could see some oil(Engine Oil) drops on the floor. I am new to this subject and recently bought the car.

Could any one kindly give me some idea about this issue ?

What could be the reason for this ?

How can it be fixed ?

What is the best place to get fixed this issue ( around Colombo ) ?

Well long story short, you got a leak. Now the first thing you would need to do is pin point the area it's leaking from. It could be as simple as a a bad oil filter gasket. There's many ways and places oil can leak so telling us that it's leaking wo't really help us come up with an answer. Since I take it you don't know much about cars (no offense) I suggest you take it to a good mechanic who would be able to sort the issue out for you. First of all why don't you let us know what area in colombo you are at and the make and model of your vehicle.

• Like 1

Well long story short, you got a leak. Now the first thing you would need to do is pin point the area it's leaking from. It could be as simple as a a bad oil filter gasket. There's many ways and places oil can leak so telling us that it's leaking wo't really help us come up with an answer. Since I take it you don't know much about cars (no offense) I suggest you take it to a good mechanic who would be able to sort the issue out for you. First of all why don't you let us know what area in colombo you are at and the make and model of your vehicle.

1+

and most of the time, oil leaks are quite easy to trace back to the source for obvious reasons.

If you dont know much about cars as you say....there is a chance that this might not be engine oil. can be ps oil too.

you can check you engine bay...use a torch if needed and try and see where the oil is seeping from.

But as JD says...best to take it to a mechanic.

Sorry :)

I couldn't mention it. The car is in Borella.

It is 99 YOM FB15. It is coming exactly under the alternator. oil can be seen under oil sump as well. But it is clear that oil sump is not leak and it is not leaking through the oil sump bolt as well. :unsure:

Waiting for your valuable comments.

1+

and most of the time, oil leaks are quite easy to trace back to the source for obvious reasons.

If you dont know much about cars as you say....there is a chance that this might not be engine oil. can be ps oil too.

you can check you engine bay...use a torch if needed and try and see where the oil is seeping from.

But as JD says...best to take it to a mechanic.

Hi Ripper

I am very much sure that is engine oil. color and smell also equivalent to that.