• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Gear Shifting Issue Is My A33

Mr. Excel

My Cefiro A33 has some issues with gear shifting.

1. From gear 1 to 2, i can feel some kind of a jerk

2. The car takes very long time to shift from 2 to 3. Sometimes the whole drive is on gear 2 with lack of power.

So far the millage is about 75000KM and car is in perfect shape. This is a A33 Automatic, 2.0G with electric and leather seats.

Any suggestion to improve this situation? Obviously I don't want to hear scary stories of Cefiros. Instead I just would love to hear how to fix it. I am ready to spend some money to fix this once and for all.

Cheers

post-48633-091111200 1312445509_thumb.jp

My Cefiro A33 has some issues with gear shifting.

1. From gear 1 to 2, i can feel some kind of a jerk

2. The car takes very long time to shift from 2 to 3. Sometimes the whole drive is on gear 2 with lack of power.

So far the millage is about 75000KM and car is in perfect shape. This is a A33 Automatic, 2.0G with electric and leather seats.

Any suggestion to improve this situation? Obviously I don't want to hear scary stories of Cefiros. Instead I just would love to hear how to fix it. I am ready to spend some money to fix this once and for all.

Cheers

If the oil/filter change fails look up the thread from 2-3 weeks ago about Automatic transmissions, and this exact problem was discussed. You'll find some contact info for some local A/T mechanics like Nilwala.

PS: If you dont mind me asking why did you find it necessary to mention your electric & leather seats in describing a transmission issue?

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.

I did the Oil/Filter change week ago. Still no visible improvement. Should I run for some more miles and see?

Its good to know Nilwala is good. I stay just 20 meters away from them at Madiwela road.

I indicated the electric and leather seats things because then I thought the readers can identify my model since there are couple of Cefiro types.

Thanks for the reply.

I did the Oil/Filter change week ago. Still no visible improvement. Should I run for some more miles and see?

Its good to know Nilwala is good. I stay just 20 meters away from them at Madiwela road.

I indicated the electric and leather seats things because then I thought the readers can identify my model since there are couple of Cefiro types.

Dude, you live 20 meters away and you didnt ask THEM before you asked us. Sorry to say but your only this much <<very little>> better than the idiots who post on the forum asking for brand new prices of vehicles without calling the agents. Anyway, yeah, Nilwala seem to know what they are doing with A/Ts.

And FYI, I dont think the seats/trim and transmission have much of a correlation.

I asked here because I just want to be aware of other options and any suggestions. You know what happens when you walk in to a Garage without knowing some basic information. They just rank the cars by the model. When I ask from a mechanic his answer was "Mahattaya ... Cefiro nam nadu thamai".

I have experience calling the agents to know the brand new car prices. They never tell you the prices over the phone. Instead they take down your number and then a sales rep keeps on chasing you until its a real pain for you. That may be the reason why people prefer forums. It helps to protect your privacy.

:)

Worst thing is that most of these garage guys wants us to buy the car models they like. Can we do that? then we would see all same models driving on the roads!!! lol

I drove a Sonata H-Matic for 4 years. Most of the people get scared when you hear that name. But for me, it gave no technical issues as such. For that matter even I drove a Nissan Presea for 6 years. Not a single bad repair (except some running ones).

Worst thing is that most of these garage guys wants us to buy the car models they like. Can we do that? then we would see all same models driving on the roads!!! lol

I drove a Sonata H-Matic for 4 years. Most of the people get scared when you hear that name. But for me, it gave no technical issues as such. For that matter even I drove a Nissan Presea for 6 years. Not a single bad repair (except some running ones).

U seem to be a person with a good tast for cars

keep up the good work don't buy the cars the garages wont buy what u want and repair them at a person having a good knowledge about good cars and also the mechanics who repair good cars love cars so they will not use short cuts as toyota only garages.

By the way it's not the mechanic who breaks his vertebrae after going a long trip in a corolla or sunny :lol:

change the atf with proper oil and clean replace the filter and u'll be fine

U seem to be a person with a good tast for cars

keep up the good work don't buy the cars the garages wont buy what u want and repair them at a person having a good knowledge about good cars and also the mechanics who repair good cars love cars so they will not use short cuts as toyota only garages.

By the way it's not the mechanic who breaks his vertebrae after going a long trip in a corolla or sunny :lol:

change the atf with proper oil and clean replace the filter and u'll be fine

Spot on mate. Will do!