• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Hiace Super Gl Long

guy_sl

Hi All,

I am thinking of buying a Toyota Hiace super GL Long van and found that it comes in 2500cc and 3000cc.

The price seems similar around 62-65 lks for 2006-7 unregistered. is this the prize?

Does anyone know which one has more demand than other? All the options are the same but people say 3000cc is more popular than 2500.

Please advice your thoughts and thank you in advance.

Regards

guy_sl

Hi All,

I am thinking of buying a Toyota Hiace super GL Long van and found that it comes in 2500cc and 3000cc.

The price seems similar around 62-65 lks for 2006-7 unregistered. is this the prize?

Does anyone know which one has more demand than other? All the options are the same but people say 3000cc is more popular than 2500.

Regards

guy_sl

first of all there's no Long wheelbase in KDH series there's only Long wide( longer,wider and bit taller than the short wheel) which is called as KDH211

the KDH 211 DOESN'T come with a 2500CC engine it only comes with a 3000CC Turbo engine (1KD)

about the price, i don't think you can find a KDH211 for 62-65 cause now the price of these vans have gone up in Japan,

the price of KDH200( short wheel 2500cc) and KDH201(short wheel 3000cc turbo) have increased up to 62-65, see this

http://autolanka.com/Buy.asp?FormName=Search&FormAction=search&ad_type_id=&ad_category_id=&search=hiace

first of all there's no Long wheelbase in KDH series there's only Long wide( longer,wider and bit taller than the short wheel) which is called as KDH211

the KDH 211 DOESN'T come with a 2500CC engine it only comes with a 3000CC Turbo engine (1KD)

about the price, i don't think you can find a KDH211 for 62-65 cause now the price of these vans have gone up in Japan,

the price of KDH200( short wheel 2500cc) and KDH201(short wheel 3000cc turbo) have increased up to 62-65, see this

http://autolanka.com/Buy.asp?FormName=Search&FormAction=search&ad_type_id=&ad_category_id=&search=hiace

Thank you for the information.

So, which one will be the easy sell or preferred version? KDH200 2500cc or KDH201 3000cc turbo?

Thank you for the information.

So, which one will be the easy sell or preferred version? KDH200 2500cc or KDH201 3000cc turbo?

you wont have a problem selling the new Hiace no matter which model it is, bdw why thinking about selling it before you buy it?

Hi All,

Regards

guy_sl

Hi guy_sl,

I would go with the 2KD-FTV (2.5 engine) being more common and less costlier to repair or replace (and considerably less temperamental than the 3.0).

A friend of mine looking for a 1KD as a replacement engine for a Prado (yes a fairly new model and the engine is already worn)had a tough time sourcing one.

A lot of van owners will feel the pinch shifting from 3l/5l/QD/ZD engines into the new ones in the coming years.

Message me if you need info.

Hi guy_sl,

I would go with the 2KD-FTV (2.5 engine) being more common and less costlier to repair or replace (and considerably less temperamental than the 3.0).

A friend of mine looking for a 1KD as a replacement engine for a Prado (yes a fairly new model and the engine is already worn)had a tough time sourcing one.

A lot of van owners will feel the pinch shifting from 3l/5l/QD/ZD engines into the new ones in the coming years.

some say that the 2.5litre engine is underpowered

you wont have a problem selling the new Hiace no matter which model it is, bdw why thinking about selling it before you buy it?

Hi Thank you for your reply, the main reason for checking is, I have heard that some vehicles are not that easy to re-sell if necessary. i.e. KDH205 the 4WD Super GL, I was told that it was not a easy sell or resell.

Hi guy_sl,

Thank you for the reply, I will check more in to it now.

some say that the 2.5litre engine is underpowered

Maybe slightly down on power compared to the 3.0 Liter 1KD, but when compared to the old 3L and 5L that you find in the dolphins, its in a different league!

Maybe slightly down on power compared to the 3.0 Liter 1KD, but when compared to the old 3L and 5L that you find in the dolphins, its in a different league!

the new 3 Litre turbo is very powerful, its more powerful than the old 3litre turbo and i really dont like the old 5L its noisy

is it an assumption or did it happen?

Has been reported several times, once on this thread itself...

Hi guy_sl,

A friend who has a lot of experience fixing Toyotas has told me quite a few stories about the 1KD. When I was looking for a Hiace some time back he recommended the 2KD motor. Followed his advice and I'm quite happy with it. It does everything you'd expect a van engine to do.

Has been reported several times, once on this thread itself...

A friend who has a lot of experience fixing Toyotas has told me quite a few stories about the 1KD. When I was looking for a Hiace some time back he recommended the 2KD motor. Followed his advice and I'm quite happy with it. It does everything you'd expect a van engine to do.

temme the stories about 1KD, im interested, bdw is the 3litre turbo in hiace 1KD or D-4D

Edited by Magnum

temme the stories about 1KD, im interested, bdw is the 3litre turbo in hiace 1KD or D-4D

The stories are all the same, the engines wear out quickly in local conditions (150,000-200,000KM is the mileage they crap out at.) Also, usage of normal diesel often causes the check engine light to come on and the engine to lose power, Rebuilding these engines (properly that is) will cost over 500k, and parts are pretty costly as well (So far)

The 3.0L engine is 1KD-FTV, the 2.5L is 2KD FTV

D4D is just a brand name that toyota use on the Common Rail engines. Diesel 4 Cylinder Direct injection

usage of normal diesel often causes the check engine light to come on and the engine to lose power

oookay, maybe that was the reason my cousins van was making that hissing noise when we were driving slow also