• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Noisy Interior In New Car - Need Help.....

LolithaB

Question

Hi guyz, I've got a Honda Fit 2008. When i got it unregistered about 3 months back, it was all calm and quiet even on rough roads. Admitting to the fact that the upholstering of all 5 doors were taken off to circuit my new sound system, I'm experiencing so much of vibrating and tapping noises inside the car now even on carpeted roads though I run on a bit low tyre pressures. I took it to one of those cushioning centers but they couldn't trace the cause. Now it's been a headache to drive the "otherwise perfect" car :action-smiley-060: . Can you guyz just tell me where to take her?

TIA

8 answers to this question

Here's an idea. Take out the upholstering and see what mess the car stereo dude has made. the noises could be nuts/bolts they have unscrewed and not replaced or it could be clips that fasten the panels on which they have carelessly snapped off. Are the panels firmly fixed? Then the clips may be alright, but there might be other plastic pieces that are rattling around behind the panels. Carefully remove the panels and take a look. Use a flathead or a knife blade to prise them out without breaking the clips.

Here's an idea. Take out the upholstering and see what mess the car stereo dude has made. the noises could be nuts/bolts they have unscrewed and not replaced or it could be clips that fasten the panels on which they have carelessly snapped off. Are the panels firmly fixed? Then the clips may be alright, but there might be other plastic pieces that are rattling around behind the panels. Carefully remove the panels and take a look. Use a flathead or a knife blade to prise them out without breaking the clips.

or turn the volume up high.

"this noisy interior" is very annoying, it make me to sell my previous vehicles kind of a too early (otherwise good vehicles). i think other than addition of this wiring and things, poor road condition also contribute to that. even my new vehicle (jdm) 8000 km on clock now seems to start making some noise and vibration specially inside dashboard which was not there initially. ( no alteration made, no removal of dashboard nothing done).

one of my previous vehicle, got applied some gum/wax type of thing on the seems of the moving parts, clips,and screw holes of the dashboard, some kind of a form (like arpi form) inserted between free spaces inside the dash board, and in between door panels, from paint garage. given some temporarily relief.

ok give it a try.