• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Virs Gearbox Issues

overTuned

Question

Hi guys,

These days I'm hunting for a good ViRS actually it's my dream to ride one. But my mechanic advising me not to buy an auto mentioning about the issues with CVT box & either extend my budget go for manual ES3 or find a manual ViRS. You might aware that the original manual viRS machines are very very rare. So I'm in this puzzle & just want to share your advices & experiences on this matter.

Thanks in advance

Edited by overTuned

7 answers to this question

Hi guys,

These days I'm hunting for a good ViRS actually it's my dream to ride one. But my mechanic (Couldn't mention his name but currently working at Stafford)advising me not to buy an auto mentioning about the issues with CVT box. Further advising extend my budget from 3-4 lax if i can & to go for ES3 or find a ViRS manual. You might know that original manual viRS machines are very very rare. So I'm in this puzzle & just want to share your advices & experiences on this matter.

Thanks in advance

Edit your post, and not mention about where he's working, because the poor guy will fall into trouble...

And CVT boxes have always been the problem from the start...

cheers

Edit your post, and not mention about where he's working, because the poor guy will fall into trouble...

And CVT boxes have always been the problem from the start...

cheers

its the not CVT box which is problamatic. its the user who doesnt know how to deal with a CVT box.

If the oil changes are done on time and CVT oil is used there wont be any issues. If the box has issues the car will take a long time to change the gears and also the shift will be rough (can feel the change of the gear. Normally in MMT box u don't feel the gear change)

Edited by kelum_wj

True machan. How we identify a properly maintained one without any service records??

you have to drive and experience it. anyone who is familiar with driving CVT would help you out.but not having records is the first factor for dismissal in my opinion.

the vibrations at start up. unstable idle at D Position,

jerks at start up and reverse are some of the symptoms of a bad MMT.

Edited by evergreen