• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

121 Mechanical Issue

kala

hi guys i am facing a problem in my car as there is a bad smell comes out from blowers time to time.it smells like a mix of burning rubber /wires.i made following observations

-that smell not changes though the AC is on or off(in both moods it comes time to time)

-smell not varied depends on speed of the vehicle

And i checked

-all the belts are in good order (AC/Fan)

-There is no sign of brake binding

-No warning signals in dash board

is anybody met with such problem ? pls advise

hi guys i am facing a problem in my car as there is a bad smell comes out from blowers time to time.it smells like a mix of burning rubber /wires.i made following observations

-that smell not changes though the AC is on or off(in both moods it comes time to time)

-smell not varied depends on speed of the vehicle

And i checked

-all the belts are in good order (AC/Fan)

-There is no sign of brake binding

-No warning signals in dash board

is anybody met with such problem ? pls advise

this is a auto or manual?.

Its not easy to describe and find answers for smells and noises in an E forum. The biggest rubber burning smell creator is the clutch, but only when on heavy clutch loads apart from usual electrical related burning and frying issues. another prominent case is that , newly painted and installed exhaust systems are also generating ugly burning smells.You can do a DIY search inside the engine bay for evidence of burns.Check all belts, oils spills and spills on exhaust.Worse case take her to a good technician.

MINIACE

Edited by miniace

Its not easy to describe and find answers for smells and noises in an E forum. The biggest rubber burning smell creator is the clutch, but only when on heavy clutch loads apart from usual electrical related burning and frying issues. another prominent case is that , newly painted and installed exhaust systems are also generating ugly burning smells.You can do a DIY search inside the engine bay for evidence of burns.Check all belts, oils spills and spills on exhaust.Worse case take her to a good technician.

MINIACE

ya there is a security option that cluth needs to be load fully to ground to start the engine (Ignition)& nw i heard a 'creek' sound from the engine room when pushing the cluth down.U meant any problem in cluth pads?

Time to show it to an electrician. Sounds like either the blower fan itself or fan connectors are melting due to

1. loosen connectors

2. resistant/load on the fan motor

is there any difference of the speed of the windflow as of recent?

Further, is this smell and speed of the fan are inter related? as in you get this smell when the fan works on full speed?

ya there is a security option that cluth needs to be load fully to ground to start the engine (Ignition)& nw i heard a 'creek' sound from the engine room when pushing the cluth down.U meant any problem in cluth pads?

No the "Creek" sound should be from the tension spring of the clutch peddle for sure..

ya it seems there is a relationship with heavy accerlation.

Well then it could be several things.

1. Check your cam seals for any oil leakage.

2. Maybe it is the high sulphur content. Cat converters can give off a bad smell with high -sulphur petrol.

3. Could be an issue with your A/C, specifically a clogged evaporator or dirty air cabin filter.

Let me know if you want more detail on any of these.