• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Prius (Hybrid) Stereo Set Up And Xenon Lights

fizz

Hi there!!

Experts I bought a prius 08 model and would like to ask some suggestion, since I want to put a music set up and xenon lights for my fog.

I would like to ask whether will there be any defects in the battery when I do this.

I want to change the alloy wheels too will there be any issues.

Pleas help me out.

Hi there!!

Experts I bought a prius 08 model and would like to ask some suggestion, since I want to put a music set up and xenon lights for my fog.

I would like to ask whether will there be any defects in the battery when I do this.

No problems to the battery system if you change the stereo or if you add lights or other accessories that draw current from the battery.

However, the stereo system is integrated with the display and other functions such as the climate control, fuel economy computer, etc. I would not mess with that by trying to put in a new head unit. Bad idea. Don't do it.

If you want better sound, replace the speakers with better ones. Get a new amplier.

If you can't work the stereo because the display is in Japanese, I hear the newly opened hybrids only garage is publishing a English or Sinhala owners manual.

08-08_PriusDashboard.jpg

I want to change the alloy wheels too will there be any issues.

If you replace the alloys with same size 15 inch alloys no problems at all.

Thanks for the reply bro, but if i need to change a music system I cannot open that computer panel and make the set up since it has FM uptil 90 no more and what shall we do on this matter. I heard p*tc* l*n** has a panel in Kenwood for prius I don't know whether it will indicate the battery of the car separately since it in 2008 prius model the video system comes all together where you cannot read your battery if your video is on the run.

I would like to change my Alloy wheels to 17 or 16 inch, will there be any issues in the suspension and for the fuel to concern as I want to look the car bit sporty.

Thanks and appreciate your value thoughts and suggestion.

No problems to the battery system if you change the stereo or if you add lights or other accessories that draw current from the battery.

However, the stereo system is integrated with the display and other functions such as the climate control, fuel economy computer, etc. I would not mess with that by trying to put in a new head unit. Bad idea. Don't do it.

If you want better sound, replace the speakers with better ones. Get a new amplier.

If you can't work the stereo because the display is in Japanese, I hear the newly opened hybrids only garage is publishing a English or Sinhala owners manual.

08-08_PriusDashboard.jpg

If you replace the alloys with same size 15 inch alloys no problems at all.

I would like to change my Alloy wheels to 17 or 16 inch, will there be any issues in the suspension and for the fuel to concern as I want to look the car bit sporty.

Yes there will be issues for both the fuel consumption AND suspension.. Make it look sporty eh ? hmm

to answer your question logically, there are two batteries in a hybrid setup. The battery, which runs the motor and the battery which looks after the accessories, such as, lights, audio system, etc. This second battery is no different to a one can be found in a convensional car, thus adding of a setup or adding xenod HIDs won't be an issue.

Check the user manual on adding accessories if you want to be more cautious and if you don't like to change the perfectly balanced power/charging system. Make sure competent electrian handls the job as we are talking about a car with advance eletrics.

to answer your question logically, there are two batteries in a hybrid setup. The battery, which runs the motor and the battery which looks after the accessories, such as, lights, audio system, etc. This second battery is no different to a one can be found in a convensional car, thus adding of a setup or adding xenod HIDs won't be an issue.

Check the user manual on adding accessories if you want to be more cautious and if you don't like to change the perfectly balanced power/charging system. Make sure competent electrian handls the job as we are talking about a car with advance eletrics.

'harshansenadhir'

You have answered his Electrical draw from the normal battery is correct as this not connected to drive system of Hybrid battery setup.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

'harshansenadhir'

You have answered his Electrical draw from the normal battery is correct as this not connected to drive system of Hybrid battery setup.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'Sylvi Wijesinghe'

Yes, harshansenadhir's answer is correct.

zerocool.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply bro, but if i need to change a music system I cannot open that computer panel and make the set up since it has FM uptil 90 no more and what shall we do on this matter. I heard p*tc* l*n** has a panel in Kenwood for prius I don't know whether it will indicate the battery of the car separately since it in 2008 prius model the video system comes all together where you cannot read your battery if your video is on the run.

Sounds like you really want to change the music system.

Generally its not a good idea to mess with it since it's integrated with the screen. However, people (in other countries) have replaced the music system on their 2nd gen Prius and there are dash kits to do it

http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-010TA2103B-2004-up-Toyota-Double/dp/B002G53BCG/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1314186892&sr=1-1

http://www.deiproducts.com/servlet/the-182/Metra-99-dsh-8213-Toyota-Prius/Detail

The problem is you need to find someone with the expertise who can do the job.

Even though its best to keep the stock wheel size, 16 and 17 inch wheels will fit so you can do it. Your fuel economy and speedometer reading might be slightly off. The 2nd gen Prius had a Touring model that had 16 inch wheels.

Another option to consider...

Purchase a Prius head unit from ebay (perhaps ebay Singapore or UK or even USA...Prius radios for those markets can receive the Sri Lanka radio spectrum AFAIK) and swap it with the Japanese radio in your car.

476805657_o.jpg

476805854_o.jpg

476805808_o.jpg

476805918_o.jpg

Thanks mate.. Please advice me on having a low pro tire N a 16 to 17 Inch Alloy, will this be good??

Sorry mate. Tires and wheel are not my thing since I prefer to stick to the OEM factory sizes. I only know that a 16 or 17 inch wheel will fit. I suggest you join priuschat. There are plenty of people there who will answer this question.