• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mixing 90 & 95 Octane.

SimpleAuto

No issues, mixed petrol will have the average octane. i.e 50:50 will have a octane rating of 92.5

But remember the octane 90 or 95 is also an average rating, 90 octane might be in the range of say 87-92 and 95, 92-97.

No issues, mixed petrol will have the average octane. i.e 50:50 will have a octane rating of 92.5

But remember the octane 90 or 95 is also an average rating, 90 octane might be in the range of say 87-92 and 95, 92-97.

how about the perfomance of the engine.....say 5 litres of each....in the tank....

I have run my cars with 90 & 95 (Corolla 141, Lancer Ex 1.5, Suzuki Swift 1.2) and have not seen a significant difference in performance or economy although technically there could be a difference.

Most of the modern car ECU and adjust the ignition to compensate the knocking. However some Euro cars are designed for 98 octane so they may not be able handle 90 octane.