• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vitz Rs 1.3 Or A Swift Sport 1.6 ??

cruze5151

Question

hi

Guys i need your Op in this , i got 2 options, prices are the same & i cant make up my mind in settling into one.

buyinh a ??

01)- 2008 Toyota Vitz RS 1.3L

02)- 2008 Suzuki Swift Sports 1.6L

so i what ya'l say?

cheers

cruze

when considering engine capacity i say go for suzuki swift sports but i hear they are bit uncomfortable in rough roads.

hi

Guys i need your Op in this , i got 2 options, prices are the same & i cant make up my mind in settling into one.

buyinh a ??

01)- 2008 Toyota Vitz RS 1.3L

02)- 2008 Suzuki Swift Sports 1.6L

so i what ya'l say?

cheers

cruze

hi cruze,

even i had the same problem about two months back. but my options were 2004 IST 1.3 new 2008 1000c vitz and 2008 1300cc swift.

i went for the swift Japan. to be honest, the car is superb, excellent handling. great acceleration. even very comfortable. actually i dont have anything to complain. may be fuel figures are not good compared with 1000cc itz. bt this is very fun to drive.

when i drive this, i always thinks about the sport version. if i were u. i would never hesitate to go for the swift over vitz. go for it buddy.. u gonna be a one luck owner of a one superb drive....

SWIFT is the best.

Swift Sports is designed as a sports car 1.6 (125 bhp), Vitz RS 1.3 only (90 or 100 bhp) is a mere cosmetic exercise.

If you want performance and cannot live without a Toyota badge go and find a Vitz RS 1.5 (110 bhp) or a Euro Yaris RS 1.8L (130 bhp, I’m yet to see one in SL)

However I must warn you Swift has 17 inch wheels with very low profile tires and stiff suspension so the ride unless on a smooth carpet road (non existence in Western province SL).

I have seen Swift Sports crawling in poor roads may be to save their spine. Go for a good test drive on a poor road and see whether you could live with the ride.

Why don’t you consider the Swift 1.2 (90 bhp) with a manual shift (there are few available) with the Aero kit.

It might not go like the Sport but will be fun to drive, more practical as a day to day car, better on fuel and save about Rs. 500-700k in the process.

Happy hunting

• Like 1

hi cruze,

even i had the same problem about two months back. but my options were 2004 IST 1.3 new 2008 1000c vitz and 2008 1300cc swift.

i went for the swift Japan. to be honest, the car is superb, excellent handling. great acceleration. even very comfortable. actually i don't have anything to complain. may be fuel figures are not good compared with 1000cc itz. bt this is very fun to drive.

when i drive this, i always thinks about the sport version. if i were u. i would never hesitate to go for the swift over vitz. go for it buddy.. u gonna be a one luck owner of a one superb drive....

SWIFT is the best.

1000cc is not tat fuel efficient , plus i own a 1000cc to tell you , acceleration is poor, overtaking at high speeds feel like suicide attempt. 1000cc is good for a women :) hehe. anyways swift is one hell of good car.

Those two are not comparable, the 1300 RS vitz has mostly visual differences to the standard. You need the 1.5l Vitz RS, it waaaay outclasses the swift in looks IMHO and is comparable in performance. The Vitz will also have throttle response control and tiptronic.

Edited by ShintaroX

1000cc is not tat fuel efficient , plus i own a 1000cc to tell you , acceleration is poor, overtaking at high speeds feel like suicide attempt. 1000cc is good for a women :) hehe. anyways swift is one hell of good car.

Thank you gentlemen, You have made a genuine comment.

swift sport!!! i own a 2008 swift manual car(kinda rare <_< ) and it a very nice ride.good acceleration too.

and i always think why didnt i go for suzuki sport version.

but in daily purpose,normal manual swift will be better IMO. normal car looks little bit odd without sporty bumpers and spoilers,but those can be fixed. :)

The Swift Sport. one of my Favorite cars

looks better than the Vits RS

and if i remember right it comes with a supercharger.

the ride quality is a bit iffy but still bearable. never rode on a Vitz RS though.

I've seen a Corolla with VAIO written on the back too dude. :P No way to judge :)

lol :D

but the thing is, i've seen two in Kandy, a Yellow and White one both had Supercharger badges.

guess, threewheel mod stuff then :P

k this is what im talking about

Edited by Schiffer

Well Thanks to you ya'll , Im goin for the SWIFT, drove both swift & rs car , swift is a mean machine its like tat thing is on steroids.. hehe.

love the alloys in tat meanmachine.. :D later il post some pics fo ya'll

good choice congratulation and good luck fella. :)

way to go!! :) i am sure you will live happy now.. i drive my swift thinking why didnt i go for the sport model :rolleyes:

yeah mate.. even i think the same. why did i(WE) go for the swift sport.. swift is a great car.. hey buddy by the way.. did u do any modifications? i am thinking on fixing a beat to the silencer.. dnt knw whethr it would suite..

going OT but i thought i dont have to start a new thread for this :)

my suzuki swift has standard tires with wheel caps when we bought it.and i want to upgrade it.

i have 3 options

1.upgrade to the suzuki swift standard alloy wheels.

2.upgrade to suzuki swift sport model alloy wheels.

3.upgrade to a custom alloy wheels set.

your suggestions will be appreciated :)

going OT but i thought i dont have to start a new thread for this :)

my suzuki swift has standard tires with wheel caps when we bought it.and i want to upgrade it.

i have 3 options

1.upgrade to the suzuki swift standard alloy wheels.

2.upgrade to suzuki swift sport model alloy wheels.

3.upgrade to a custom alloy wheels set.

your suggestions will be appreciated :)

well why dont you try the suzuki swift sports euro 10 spoke 17inch alloys , they look btr than the jap 16inch version standard sport wheels

black is a jap & the white is euro

post-47807-081826600 1315461348_thumb.jp

post-47807-053074900 1315461364_thumb.jp

well why dont you try the suzuki swift sports euro 10 spoke 17inch alloys , they look btr than the jap 16inch version standard sport wheels

black is a jap & the white is euro

17 inches means less ride quality. i am looking for something which has both looks and ride quality.

i personally dont like the alloys which comes with normal swift.