• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Abs Indicator

Gyiman

Hi Guys,

I have noticed that from this morning my ABS indicator started to come on. Any ideas? I would only be able to take it in on a weekend to have it checked. Would it be a problem driving around like that? The brakes seem to be working fine. The car is a Nissan K12

Thanks

Edited by Gyiman

It indicates faulty ABS, breaks will work however without ABS.

Better get it checked, i suggest you go to A*W they will have they will be able to diagnose the exact fault.

My guess faulty ABS wheel sensor it is the most common fault.

• Like 1

Did you drive through water recently? Sometimes if the is water present his happens. Brakes will work fine even without ABS. There is nothing to worry about that. When you have the time, take off the wheels one by one and see if one of the sensors have come off or a connection loose. SOmetimes a ABS warning is a simple case of a loose connection.

Did you drive through water recently? Sometimes if the is water present his happens. Brakes will work fine even without ABS. There is nothing to worry about that. When you have the time, take off the wheels one by one and see if one of the sensors have come off or a connection loose. SOmetimes a ABS warning is a simple case of a loose connection.

Thanks for the replies guys..

I got the wheels aligned on Saturday. The light came on after driving for about 20km this morning. I stopped & started again & it wasn't indicating but then came on again after about another 5km.

Thanks for the replies guys..

I got the wheels aligned on Saturday. The light came on after driving for about 20km this morning. I stopped & started again & it wasn't indicating but then came on again after about another 5km.

Get your wheel speed sensors checked. And if all fails, check your brake lights! Happened to me once, ABS indicator came on, checked everything possible and even replaced the ABS relay only to find that I have blown both the brake lights replaced them and the indicator went off.

Get your wheel speed sensors checked. And if all fails, check your brake lights! Happened to me once, ABS indicator came on, checked everything possible and even replaced the ABS relay only to find that I have blown both the brake lights replaced them and the indicator went off.

Ya, someone else told me to check all the lights too. The are all working fine. I think it might be something wrong somewhere else. It seems to go off after sometime when the car is stopped & then come back on after I drive for a few km's & press the brake a few times :angry:

Guess I would need to get someone to check it out.

No K12, the ABS light gets on if you are using the spare wheel, or running a tire or two with low pressure. In this case most probably one of speed sensors may have disconnected or damaged while at wheel alignment process.

Edited by Dinuk

Got the car checked at the Agents. Apparently the clip that locks the sensor onto the wheel hub was broken. They told me I was lucky that the sensor didn't end up getting ripped off by any of the rotating parts! Would have been a costly repair, as opposed to getting the clip that costs 700 bucks each!! Had to order it though since it's not something that goes that easy. Did a temp job for the next 2 weeks. :unsure: