• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Is It Okay To Pump 90 Octane Gasoline To New Jdm Models?

kevin1462

Question

I was just visiting Toyota Japan web site site over my Google chrome browser as it can translate the site in to English. I found out that they recommend unleaded regular gasoline for their cars.So I googled unleaded regular gasoline and found this site according to that site unleaded regular gasoline means 91 RON gasoline and we use 90 octane gasoline here in our country. So my problem is whether its okay to use 90 octane gasoline or is it better to use 95 octane or 92 octane?

Edited by kevin1462

4 answers to this question

I was just visiting Toyota Japan web site site over my Google chrome browser as it can translate the site in to English. I found out that they recommend unleaded regular gasoline for their cars.So I googled unleaded regular gasoline and found this site according to that site unleaded regular gasoline means 91 RON gasoline and we use 90 octane gasoline here in our country. So my problem is whether its okay to use 90 octane gasoline or is it better to use 95 octane or 92 octane?

You are correct here. Once I published engine models and recommended RON numbers. RON 90 is not the design base line. You better pump RON 91 or better. In Sri Lanka only one option, RON 95.

90 is not some magic number sent by an octane-god. When they say the octane rating of an engine/of fuel is 90, it's usually an average figure. 90 should be alright for an engine rated for 91. Pumping 95 would be a bit too heavy on your wallet. However, if your engine type is designed for a higher octane number, then you should pump 95.

IOC Xtrapremium has an octane rating of 92 but it also has some additives.